talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2021/22 - Quarter-Final Matches

football forum

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Looked offside. VAR helped clarify it to be fair. 

Thought Forest might have nicked it the longer it went 0-0. Can see Liverpool just seeing the game out. 

Forest paying the price for missing the glorious chance just before Jota's goal.

You can't miss chances like that against a team like Liverpool.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Could have gone any way that game. They created so many chances but as was said earlier it doesn't matter how many chances you create it matters how many you put away. 

Onto the next round and a fixture with City now. 

7 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Could have gone any way that game. They created so many chances but as was said earlier it doesn't matter how many chances you create it matters how many you put away. 

Onto the next round and a fixture with City now. 

I think people are going over the top a bit on Forest to be honest. They had one big chance, as did Liverpool with Firmino. Their only shot on target was the tame header straight at Alisson. They deserve great credit for keeping it so tight until the end but I'm not sure where this 'so many chances' comes from.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Am I right in thinking the Man City/Liverpool semi final is just after the PL game? 

The week after yeah. We play United and then Everton following the semi final. 

What a week that could be.

• Subscriber

First signs of impatience with Lampard on Everton Twitter today. Some of his decisions and team selections have been odd lately but anyone who wants us to be thinking about getting a different manager in already needs a reality check on whether they want to give this bunch of players another fresh start.

18 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

First signs of impatience with Lampard on Everton Twitter today. Some of his decisions and team selections have been odd lately but anyone who wants us to be thinking about getting a different manager in already needs a reality check on whether they want to give this bunch of players another fresh start.

I feel like that’s always the risk with these sides that are so quick to sack the manager. Doesn’t matter where they are in the table, these players can put in minimal effort and at the end of the day they know they put more pressure on their bosses than themselves.

What had worked for Chelsea I’m just not sure can work for other clubs - their rise started before FFP and they set a groundwork for being more sustainable by having won things when insane outlay wasn’t as regulated & setting up a top academy that could be a source for funds by selling off promising young players. Buying signings that didn’t pan out they could sell at a loss, or quickly sacking a manager after appointing them fairly recently doesn’t put as much of a strain on them.

With Watford you can argue it works. You can also argue it doesn’t work that well because Watford are almost always dogshit when they’re in the league and nobody expects them to survive for very long.

I think Everton players have a massive attitude problem tbh - and I think the short termism (which tbh isn’t always Everton’s fault, see Ancelotti) has definitely contributed.

And the biggest argument to that is: I dunno how many Everton managers Michael Keane has had. But it’s more than 1 and it probably should have just been one before he was bombed out for being unacceptably shite.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Everton players have a massive attitude problem tbh - and I think the short termism (which tbh isn’t always Everton’s fault, see Ancelotti) has definitely contributed.

And the biggest argument to that is: I dunno how many Everton managers Michael Keane has had. But it’s more than 1 and it probably should have just been one before he was bombed out for being unacceptably shite.

Definitely. I think Ancelotti was the only one they looked at and knew they'd never be able to convince anyone he was the problem. Even under him, though, heads dropped far too easily in all those home defeats that cost us Europe and the defeat at Man City on the last day where we let Aguero come on and score a hat trick or something when they'd already won the title and we needed a result to qualify for Europe was vintage post-Moyes Everton. They've done it against Spurs and Palace to name just two in recent weeks. Start well, concede to a mistake, stop doing the things that had them competing quite well in the first 15 minutes, heads drop and then just pray that the opponents get bored of scoring more goals before they hit double figures.

I bitch a lot about supporting Everton and I'm aware that others have seen their club get relegated, never seen them play in Europe, go to Wembley, other things that Everton have had in my lifetime. I'm convinced though that you have to go an awful long way to find a fanbase that has to watch their team, regardless of their level, visibly give up on a regular basis. Those visits to Spurs and Palace just take the absolute piss when the away allocation easily sells out (like always) and the fans travel to London on a Monday night or Sunday lunchtime only to watch the team give up at 1-0 down after 15 minutes. It's the only part of it now that has the ability to properly upset me. I came to the conclusion a couple of weeks ago that even getting relegated wouldn't be worse than constantly having to watch this lot just turn it in 75% of the time at the slightest setback. The squad has absolutely no character and too many of the players have no professional standards.

14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Definitely. I think Ancelotti was the only one they looked at and knew they'd never be able to convince anyone he was the problem. Even under him, though, heads dropped far too easily in all those home defeats that cost us Europe and the defeat at Man City on the last day where we let Aguero come on and score a hat trick or something when they'd already won the title and we needed a result to qualify for Europe was vintage post-Moyes Everton. They've done it against Spurs and Palace to name just two in recent weeks. Start well, concede to a mistake, stop doing the things that had them competing quite well in the first 15 minutes, heads drop and then just pray that the opponents get bored of scoring more goals before they hit double figures.

I bitch a lot about supporting Everton and I'm aware that others have seen their club get relegated, never seen them play in Europe, go to Wembley, other things that Everton have had in my lifetime. I'm convinced though that you have to go an awful long way to find a fanbase that has to watch their team, regardless of their level, visibly give up on a regular basis. Those visits to Spurs and Palace just take the absolute piss when the away allocation easily sells out (like always) and the fans travel to London on a Monday night or Sunday lunchtime only to watch the team give up at 1-0 down after 15 minutes. It's the only part of it now that has the ability to properly upset me. I came to the conclusion a couple of weeks ago that even getting relegated wouldn't be worse than constantly having to watch this lot just turn it in 75% of the time at the slightest setback. The squad has absolutely no character and too many of the players have no professional standards.

While I think it would be funny if you got relegated, I'm pretty sure a few minutes after giggling like an idiot I'd get too depressed by some whatsapp messages from blueshite family and friends for the lulz to last. I also do like the Merseyside derby even though it really hasn't been all that competitive since the Moyes era.

So I'm a LFC fan in the camp of "I hope Everton manage to not get relegated." Honestly, I know you're our rivals... but because people hate Merseyside so much, I wouldn't mind you being good again like it was the 80s... as long as we're still better than you xD My brother on the other hand wants you to go down and for the next Merseyside derby you lot have to be against Tranmere.

It's pretty unfortunate from your perspective you didn't get Moshiri in while you still had Moyes. Especially because United were so quick to ditch Moyes and had he never been poached away, I could have seen him being at Everton for a very long time. You had stability, a manager that had the players having their heads screwed on and demonstrating the right attitude more often than not, maybe not the highest quality squad but not. And then it's just a string of failed managerial appointments.

Even Ancelotti, I know Real Madrid's in first place in La Liga... but watching his sides lately, I think he's a far cry from when he was one of the best managers in Europe (like when he was at AC Milan). And appointing Rafa as a similar sort of manager was an even worse idea, because he's probably even more past his sell-by-date... AND.... he's a LFC legend so when things would go bad he would always be a lightning rod.

With no DoF that either wasn't listened to or didn't do anything, I think Fat Frank has quite a bit of power at Everton right now. Relegation or not, I wonder if Moshiri will finally fucking listen to the actual expert on football he's hired. Because I think staying up or going down, the first thing Everton need is a clear-out.

I fucking hate Everton, but your fans deserve better than these overpaid dickheads turning up to humiliate themselves week in week out. Honestly all fans of all clubs deserve better than seeing players turn up and just look like they couldn't be fucking arsed to be there. But with Everton, it's just such an unacceptable attitude that's been allowed to fester.

I honestly think your fans have put up with it for far too long until pretty recently - because it's not like Everton players having unreasonably shit attitudes is anything really new. It was more than a season ago when I saw Everton's first team look shit fucking scared of our academy players... that should have been a massive wakeup call to everyone at Everton, even the fans, that there's something very wrong mentally with these players.

And honestly if a clearout is unlikely, then Everton need to be hiring a good psychologist. Cos I really do think part of the problem at Everton is some players are just shit (yes, I'm talking about Michael Keane again) or past it (Coleman's an Everton legend, Coleman's also too old and past it to be starting as many games as he has this season)... but most of them are at least above average players that are probably being held back by something in their heads.

I dunno why I'm making excuses for these dickheads that I actually fucking hate, but as someone who had a coworker that was arrested (and convicted) for being a disgusting nonce... I think it would have been a good idea for a club to bring in a psychologist to just talk to the squad for at least a few sessions after what happened with that Icelandic lad who I'm not going to name that was arrested for being disgustingly noncy as well. But I know it's traumatic when someone you think you've known for a long time, that you work with on a regular basis and see almost every day, is suddenly revealed to be a fucking absolute piece of shit.

tl;dr - I hate Everton, but I don't want you relegated... but holy shit, I think there's a lot that needs to be done about the shit attitude of your dickhead players.

24 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Michael Keane should be playing in the Championship, let alone Everton. 

Throwback to when Salford Kel wanted both Keane brothers to start over Rio and Rooney back in 2012. 

Kel was also Sigurdsson’s biggest fan xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived