talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wolves 3-2 Leeds - Friday 18th March, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png        VS      1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
23/10/2021 - Leeds 1-1 Wolves
19/02/2021 - Wolves 1-0 Leeds
19/10/2020 - Leeds 0-1 Wolves

Recent Form
Wolves - WWLLL
Leeds - WLLLL

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phillips and Cooper make the bench, Bamford starts.

Finally, after all this time, things are looking up...

...ah, but then Raphinha gets a covid test just for the banter.

Can't just have everyone available can we.

Honestly, you have to laugh at this season. Beyond a joke.

Bamford off after 22mins injured.

Just fuck off. Absolute sick to the back teeth of this season, cannot catch a break with our players.

And to think we started decent as well and promptly go 1-0 down.

You have to ask yourself What you've done wrong in another life.

Predictably, we've not recovered.

A good start, couple chances created and then it's gone to pot. Two enforced subs before HT and the team looks so disjointed. Struggling to get anything going on the ball now.

Add to that no Raphinha as your best threat and we really are pissing in the wind.

Horrible game for 19 year old Sam Greenwood to get called in on up front but he's just not the same threat that Gelhardt is.

I'm absolutely in bits. Head's gone. These kind of games only come around now and again and after everything that went wrong, Raphinha, Bamford, I mean we had 4 enforced subs for fuck sake including a concussion sub...

Just dunno whether to laugh, cry, have a wank, jump around the room, go for an evening walk to calm down, have a drink or what, I just know this club will send me to an early grave. 

But fuck me, massive MASSIVE win. Gut wrencher for Watford and Burnley that the last two nights.

Bugger me, I'm absolutely done emotionally. This fucking club man...

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Just need Burnley to win and yours is basically struck from the annals of history. 

Nah there's an Alex Iwobi statue going up outside the new ground to make sure nobody forgets.

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Nightmare start to the FPL weekend. Used my free hit to put Coady, Jimenez and Raphinha in. Currently sit on -1xD

I used up 4 pts to bring Jimenez in too xD

I took Jimenez out for Kane in a transfer I thought I may regret by Monday but Jimenez has come through for me.

I really dont know what to make of Wolves, the Goalkeeper has been brilliant and the defence are performing at maximum capacity for most of the season but further up the pitch they look like they'll need an overhaul. Jimenez and Moutinho just are not the same players anymore. I never thought id have said this in June but i'm a little disappointed them and Villa are likely to finish above us given what they've shown this season in contrast to us.

As for Leeds, it's difficult to judge where they are given the injuries they have but winning without Raphinia is encouraging going forwards. Even though the u23's are very good I imagine this summer they'll have a rethink about squad depth and training intensity as it looks like some of those players have become more prone to burn out and breaking down.

• The title was changed to Wolves 3-2 Leeds - Friday 18th March, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived