talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd Women's Team Given Tier Two Status

football forum

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40330048

I think it is shocking that in 2017 a club the size of Manchester United does not have a women's team, and what is even worse is they will not properly explain their position.

Look around the world and every other major football club has a women's team, or plans for one. Two of the biggest, men's Champions League finalists Real Madrid and Juventus, are about to set up theirs.

Locally, nationally or globally, whichever clubs United compare themselves to, they are allowing themselves to be left behind.

I don't understand why.

There's a load of other utter pish statements and opinions in the article to laught at as well. I'm genuinely unsure how we're being left behind as a club because we haven't thrown billions at a women's team, so we're terrified of being overshadowed by Citeh apparently. The best line in the whole article has to be United stalling stunts girls' career opportunities.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man Utd aren't the only big club that's behind on things like this.  Real Madrid have only decided a couple of weeks ago that they want to start on this journey too after they've seen the success Barça have been having with it in recent years.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Man Utd aren't the only big club that's behind on things like this.  Real Madrid have only decided a couple of weeks ago that they want to start on this journey too after they've seen the success Barça have been having with it in recent years.

Probably won't take them long to be better than Barca, like the mens team

12 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

xD desperate times at FC Barcelona right now. For the first time (under their current president) they have ZERO European titles in all sports, for TWO years in a row. 

Are you a real person?

It is a bit weird that they don't have a women's team but they don't really need to if they feel they won't be able to commit the time needed to it or if they just don't want to.

10 hours ago, 6666 said:

It is a bit weird that they don't have a women's team but they don't really need to if they feel they won't be able to commit the time needed to it or if they just don't want to.

I think a club like United can very much afford the commitment of a women's team.

It's going to change fuck all if United have a women's team. The funny thing is, I think it sounds like she's almost begging us to have one as it's like the league can't cope without United having one. It's been fine for years and will continue like it is, at the standard it is, with crowds it has. United or no United.

Why would any Lesbian even want to play for a club as irrelevant as "Manchester" (they wish) United? :what:  ..Trafford is a shit hole, they would have to get a train to Manchester for any decent night life and united is just a big plastic mid table club! 

9 hours ago, Danny said:

I think a club like United can very much afford the commitment of a women's team.

Of course they can but I didn't mention money. I said they won't be able to commit the time to it, not because they can't do that either but because they obviously feel their time is better spent elsewhere. Not saying I agree with that but that's obviously how they feel.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I've never even noticed/considered the fact that United don't have a women's team. I don't expect many people are that arsed. 

I doubt that's the feeling within women's football 

Yeovil are in the top flight of women's football, Newcastle are a few leagues down. Teams aren't ordered the same as men's clubs. The article strikes me as someone who saw Arsenal and Man City ladies at the top and thought simply Man Utd should have someone there so they can brag for very little reason.

• 8 months later...

I'm glad this has happened. As much as I hate them I think it is better for women's football that they now do. Also watching them get relegated will be sweet :x I'm sure m @Happy Blue will love beating them at any level

• The title was changed to Man Utd Women's Team Given Tier Two Status

Archived