talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2021/22 Champions League Draws

football forum

• Administrator

Quarter final, semi final and final draws. 

Atletico Madrid 

Bayern Munich

Chelsea 

Real Madrid 

Liverpool

Villarreal 

Benfica 

Man City 

11am GMT, 18th March 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Bayern and Liverpool will get past their fixtures, although I expect both Villarreal and Benfica to put up a fight. 

We were comfortable against Real last year, both legs. May have won 3-1 on the tie but the result flattered Real. We battered them. Expecting them to put up a greater fight this time around. 

Atleti vs City is tricky. City clear favorites, but Simeone knows how to get the better of Pep. 

• Subscriber

Definitely happy with the draw but they could definitely cause us problems, although were causing ourselves enough problems alone these days. Potentially Liverpool afterwards also looks fairly grim if we dont get our shit together here. 

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

You’d run rings round those Shithouses. They were wank.

We've beaten them twice already this season... but I just fucking hate playing against them. They're just a very irritating opponent.

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Think Bayern and Liverpool will get past their fixtures, although I expect both Villarreal and Benfica to put up a fight. 

We were comfortable against Real last year, both legs. May have won 3-1 on the tie but the result flattered Real. We battered them. Expecting them to put up a greater fight this time around. 

Atleti vs City is tricky. City clear favorites, but Simeone knows how to get the better of Pep. 

Never guaranteed yet think we will beat Real Madrid.

Worst possible draw here.

Ajax were better than us but to put it simple, they played like boys, no guts at all. When you shake so much in front of the goal, you're not mentally ready to win.

Liverpool have better finishers and should have no problem putting a few past us. In addition to their quality, most of their players are already used to big European matches. This is totally out of our reach.

Chelsea vs Real Madrid probably the better watch of all four. I see Chelsea as better but Real Madrid seem to have the biggest X factor in club football.

Pep should know all the tricks to beat Simeone but Atletico can beat anyone in their own game.

On 19/03/2022 at 00:17, Machado said:

Worst possible draw here.

Ajax were better than us but to put it simple, they played like boys, no guts at all. When you shake so much in front of the goal, you're not mentally ready to win.

Liverpool have better finishers and should have no problem putting a few past us. In addition to their quality, most of their players are already used to big European matches. This is totally out of our reach.

Chelsea vs Real Madrid probably the better watch of all four. I see Chelsea as better but Real Madrid seem to have the biggest X factor in club football.

Pep should know all the tricks to beat Simeone but Atletico can beat anyone in their own game.

I'm confident of going through against you... but I'm also weary. You don't get to the quarter finals of the CL by being a pushover and if we're not prepared for a hard fight against you over 2 legs I don't think we've prepared correctly for the CL quarter finals.

You don't get this far in the tournament without having something about you, even if your opponents played better and maybe should have progressed if everything went for their opponents. Otherwise Atletico would have never made it out the group stages or even passed United.

That Ajax played better than you, yet you've moved on and they haven't, does say something about the mentality of your side.

Imo there's no easy sides left at this stage of the tournament... and it's a cup where famous upsets are what make it special. Nothing should be taken for granted at this stage of the tournament.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived