talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2021/22 - [27. Spieltag] - 18-20th March 2022

football forum

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gladbach currently leading 2:0 in Bochum, but the match is about to be abandoned due to the linesman being hit by cup from a Bochum supporter. 

Edit: Yup, it's abandoned. 

• The topic was pinned
8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Gladbach currently leading 2:0 in Bochum, but the match is about to be abandoned due to the linesman being hit by cup from a Bochum supporter. 

Edit: Yup, it's abandoned. 

Don't approve throwing things on the pitch, still sometimes  have the feeling the reaction is overboarding- the linesman was hit by an empty plastic cup, hardly the kind of dangerous projectile that justifies accompanying him from the pitch., actually that's something you only realize marginally. So abandon the match but don't act like he scarcely escaped death like some pundits do.

There's been some crazy fan behavior this year. I can understand them taking a zero tolerance policy on this type of stuff.

Several matches in France have gotten out of control this season. Just over a week ago a match in Mexico was abandoned when rival ultras ran onto the field to fight each other.

@Rucksackfranzose  it sends out a zero tolerance message though. Also it could of potentially blinded him or seriously damaged his hearing depending on where it hit him. I can see both points of view but I think it was the right decision personally. I think officials need to feel safe 

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Rucksackfranzose  it sends out a zero tolerance message though. Also it could of potentially blinded him or seriously damaged his hearing depending on where it hit him. I can see both points of view but I think it was the right decision personally. I think officials need to feel safe 

If you read his post again you'll see that he agrees with abandoning the match, just calls out the overreaction by some pundits who act like the linesman was nearly killed. It's a half empty plastic cup, not a hand grenade.

9 hours ago, Coma said:

There's been some crazy fan behavior this year. I can understand them taking a zero tolerance policy on this type of stuff.

Several matches in France have gotten out of control this season. Just over a week ago a match in Mexico was abandoned when rival ultras ran onto the field to fight each other.

I think they should just let them fight. Maybe chuck a few lions in there like in roman times 

28 minutes ago, nudge said:

If you read his post again you'll see that he agrees with abandoning the match, just calls out the overreaction by some pundits who act like the linesman was nearly killed. It's a half empty plastic cup, not a hand grenade.

Like I said it certainly could of blinded him so it was serious 

6 hours ago, Michael said:

Well, Hertha Berlin are 2 nil up at home against Hoffenheim, Stark and Belfodil the scorers. It looks like Magath's magic touch might be instantly working.

They certainly showed much more effort in this match although Hoffenheim were awful to be fair.

Maybe work on set piece depending, eh Hoeness?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived