• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - Saudi Arabian GP - 25-27th March

football forum

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Enjoyable race. Thought it would be more livelier with lots of crashes and incidents but it's just been really good racing from various drivers throughout. 

• Subscriber

Charles is a better all round driver than Max. He seems like a level headed guy too. Good to see him being given a car to challenge.

He’s got Max’s number in these first 2 races anyway. Can’t begrudge Charles and Ferrari a title challenge. Max has the faster car here so be some effort if Charles gets the win, wouldn’t be shocked if Max gets the win. 

As I type. Pffft. Car clearly much quicker. Be fun if these 2 are at it like this all season. I hope Perez plays a part though as he was very unlucky today.

• Administrator
Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

This is garbage,  now we got cars that may stop working at any moment.   Alpine had a shot at a good points haul here,  now I wonder how many cars are going to finish this race. 

How is it garbage? 

Been a good race other than those unfortunate DNFs. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

This is garbage,  now we got cars that may stop working at any moment.   Alpine had a shot at a good points haul here,  now I wonder how many cars are going to finish this race. 

It’s 2 races in. Your perspective is garbage. Given all the changes and also early in the season cars DNFing isn’t a shock. It’s the risks teams pay for playing with the cars. And they’re all still adjusting. 

I also don’t mind when we have a lot DNF. It shakes things up. 

• Subscriber

That was very exciting but F1 needs to park these stupid DRS scenarios where drivers are actively trying to lose a position into one corner to get DRS down the next straight. Really isn't in the spirit of F1.

Also they need to do something with the delta timing on VSC so that people stop getting shafted like Perez did today without doing anything wrong.

What a season we've got on our hands here though. Red Bull and Ferrari an absolute match for each other.

• Administrator

I think it was Button that just said it on commentary but also something I agree with - 'it's great that cars can fight back'. There's overtakes but there's also the healthy retaliation in response.

These first two races make me think it's going to be a fantastic season with the main battle between Ferrari & Red Bull and then plenty of mini-battles forming all over. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

How is it garbage? 

Been a good race other than those unfortunate DNFs. 

It is more than a few failures,  the idea behind the rules is to limit the number of engines.  We will have a bunch of teams taking penalties before mid season at this rate. 

• Subscriber

I must say. It’s very enjoyable watching a close duel at any time, whether it’s for the win or for a point finish. Just close racing. But it’s a different feeling when you’re not emotionally invested and cheering someone on. Thoroughly enjoyed Max and Charles race closely. I do hope I see Lewis challenging and then even Lando who I’d also be cheering on. But when it’s 2 drivers you’re not mega fussed who wins or loses, it’s a new feeling 😂.

I’m a fan of these new changes thus far anyway. 

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

That was very exciting but F1 needs to park these stupid DRS scenarios where drivers are actively trying to lose a position into one corner to get DRS down the next straight. Really isn't in the spirit of F1.

Also they need to do something with the delta timing on VSC so that people stop getting shafted like Perez did today without doing anything wrong.

What a season we've got on our hands here though. Red Bull and Ferrari an absolute match for each other.

Should do away with DRS altogether,  it is overly relied on. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

It is more than a few failures,  the idea behind the rules is to limit the number of engines.  We will have a bunch of teams taking penalties before mid season at this rate. 

You being the mood-hoover of it all will of course find a race like that 'garbage'. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

You being the mood-hoover of it all will of course find a race like that 'garbage'. 

There are not many good days for Alpine or whatever they change their name to on a every second year basis.   There were good points on offer today. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Feel bad for Perez, but realistically what can be done? It’s swings and roundabouts and every scenario is the finest of margins. It’s one of those things. Unless I’m missing something. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Max was respectful to Leclerc too after the race.

It's why I can get on board with this battle - two great drivers and mutual respect. I wonder how long it'll last. There's bound to be some costly incidents at either driver's fault throughout the course of the season. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived