The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - Saudi Arabian GP - 25-27th March

football forum

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
17 hours ago, Tommy said:

Ralf Schumacher who is the Co-Commentator on German Sky, will leave Saudi Arabia tomorrow morning. Not out of fear, but because a red line has been crossed for him. 

Apparently changed his mind? 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Apparently changed his mind? 

Nope, he flew to Munich this morning and is broadcasting from there. Not sure if Sascha Roos went with him. Haven't seen FP3.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Nope, he flew to Munich this morning and is broadcasting from there. Not sure if Sascha Roos went with him. Haven't seen FP3.

Ah right! I tuned into FP3 15 minutes before the end, so just heared him talk and assumed he stayed!

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Ah right! I tuned into FP3 15 minutes before the end, so just heared him talk and assumed he stayed!

Sascha Roos flew with him. They're both commentating from Munich. I'm surprised how quickly that happened. This morning still in Saudia Arabia, and then in Munich for FP3. :o 

• Subscriber

Was Bottas fastest in FP3 or something? Just got back from football and Latifi has kindly halted qualifying so I don't miss too much.

I don't know if I love or hate this track to be honest. The high speed sections are cool but I'm not sure it's well-designed for much overtaking and it's a bit cramped. Having tight walls is one thing but this place really lends itself to red flags. Montreal is a perfect example of a high speed street circuit where you can clear incidents under a yellow flag or a safety car. This place has quite a difficult combination of fast sections without run off or easy access to the side of the track to clear incidents.

Aside from that, I don't believe we know enough about how this decision swung yesterday. That thing about "difficulty leaving the country if the race is cancelled" sounded like a threat. I don't know if it was actually just "there's no point cancelling the race because you won't be able to fly out anyway". I did see something about airports being closed yesterday anyway independent of what F1 were doing.

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Hamilton out of Q1!

What happened with Tsunoda?

Tsunoda had a problem with fuel or something it said on the radio.

Something is fundamentally wrong with Lewis' car there. He had three pretty clean laps and just didn't have any pace. Two-thirds of a second off George. Putting the fuel in and doing alternate hot laps doesn't look smart either in hindsight when Stroll put on fresh tyres and beat him by under a tenth.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived