talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - Australian GP - 8-10th April

football forum

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never saw qualiying so can't really comment on it. Was there any form of improvement from Mercedes and Mclaren? Or were there circumstances which put them where they are?

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Never saw qualiying so can't really comment on it. Was there any form of improvement from Mercedes and Mclaren? Or were there circumstances which put them where they are?

Mercedes much the same. Struggled throughout the session but managed to find a lap each time. They have two good drivers.

Mclaren seem to be a genuine improvement. They were thereabouts throughout practice. Possibly because there are very few braking zones on the new track layout with the brakes having been one of their problems.

• Subscriber

Interesting race so far. I'm not quite sure why this Carlos unlucky narrative is being perpetuated by the commentators. He was unlucky with the red flag but after that the bad qualifying run, bad start and spin into the gravel are just a bad reaction. Like I said yesterday, all very Bottasy from him.

Hamilton-Perez battle has been fun, now with George ahead of them. I think the safety car timing kinda ruins the race for those who started on the hard tyres although they will get to finish on the faster mediums.

Vettel not exactly covering himself with glory. Unforced error and another expensive one for Aston Martin.

12 minutes ago, nudge said:

Red Bull look better on hards, hopefully we'll see more of a fight upfront.

If they not Lewis might catch Perez again and Perez might struggle to take Russell. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived