talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Will Smith Smacks Chris Rock

football forum

• Subscriber

Its all just a bunch of festered feelings that got directed at the wrong person. If you put a picture of Demi Moore in GI Jane next to Jada on the night you'd subliminally draw a comparison. Chris even went on to realize what he had done because you know when you've fucked up and told a poor joke. 

The only good thing that came out of that shit show was that we can now safely retire this iconic picture

Batman-Slapping-Robin.jpg

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, nudge said:

Going to be an unpopular opinion, but I can understand Will Smith bitch slapping him. A bit mean to make public jokes about someone having an autoimmune disease and struggling with it.

You can't just assault people. Especially not on live TV. 

Had will Smith gone up and stood up for his wife with words, maybe cracking a joke while explaining she has alopecia, it would have made him and her sympathetic, and made Rock look classless. 
Had he just gone up and asked for an apology, same deal. 

Now he's in the wrong, and looks like your typical chav fuckwit "Dont talk bout my missus ya mutt" type. Except richer. 
The funny thing about this whole ordeal is 90% of guys seem to think Smith was wrong, and a huge number of girls think he was right. 
I think it's because most girls haven't been punched in the mouth. And if they had, they'd not be so quick to condone it. 

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

If only Ricky Gervais was hosting the Oscar's again. He'd have an absolute field day with this xD

That's the best part. A lot of people who LOVED Gervais telling the crowd they are a bunch of roid junky pedophile monsters think will smith was right to slap Rock for saying his wifes bald. 

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The funny thing about this whole ordeal is 90% of guys seem to think Smith was wrong, and a huge number of girls think he was right. 

Really?

I've found that most people seem to think Smith was wrong, regardless of gender and far less, also regardless of gender, seem to think it's alright.

On the plus side, there's been so many good memes and a lot of hilarious jokes made at Will Smith's expense now. On the down side, I loved the Fresh Prince as a kid and now I can't help but think of Will Smith as an emotionally unstable cuckold.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Really?

I've found that most people seem to think Smith was wrong, regardless of gender and far less, also regardless of gender, seem to think it's alright.

On the plus side, there's been so many good memes and a lot of hilarious jokes made at Will Smith's expense now. On the down side, I loved the Fresh Prince as a kid and now I can't help but think of Will Smith as an emotionally unstable cuckold.

I live in a weird country. I think the main split is people who haven't gone to university/ people who grew up in poor environments seem to think Smith is a hero. And higher income/education/ suburban middle class think he's a fuckwit. 

But there's definitely a gender split down here. Lots of chicks are sympathetic. 

Here's a slightly related story, from a Uni group page I'm on. 

The poster, was a chick, who while on a night out with her friend, a big dude approached them and hit on them, they said they weren't interested  asked him to leave. So he walks off, but starts muttering about how they're dumb sluts or whatever. So this girls friend goes off at him, screaming at him for being a cunt ect ect. So the guy turns around and starts serving them back. Now, I appreciate that everyone in this situation was drunk. So poor decisions are being made but...

The point of the post the girls made the next morning was "oh my god this guy was screaming at us why did none of the guys passing by step in and stand up for us?"

And the reply from a guy who saw the incident from across the road encapsulated it perfectly. 'That guy was 6'3 at least 100kgs, and he only revved up at you when your friend screamed at him. I know it sucks that he said nasty things while walking away, but the fact that he came back and acted aggressively is a result of your behavior. If I cross the road to defend you, and he fucking wallops me, would the 2 of you pay my hospital bills? No? Then deal with it yourselves'

Perfect. 

14 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

That's the best part. A lot of people who LOVED Gervais telling the crowd they are a bunch of roid junky pedophile monsters think will smith was right to slap Rock for saying his wifes bald. 

People like drama.

• Subscriber

I'm genuinely surprised how much discussion this has generated. I get that it's a form of escapism that doesn't appeal to me and I can see why it appeals to others.

Like I said earlier, these awards evenings have never caught my attention. Every snippet I've ever seen of them are just plastic people with plastic tears creating plastic drama making speeches that range from cringeworthy self-righteous political statements to cringeworthy unintelligible coked up jibberish.

One peacock makes an edgy joke, another peacock stands up and slaps him for disrespecting his woman. I don't care. I can see this at a number of local establishments of an evening if I choose carefully which ones to visit. The fact that these two morons happen to get paid a lot of money to appear in films instead of being two overweight sweaty white lads off a building site does nothing for me. I guarantee thousands of ordinary men in other places have got in worse fights over pride and or women in the last 24 hours.

For what it's worth, I don't think the fact this was done on live television makes any difference. Assault is assault whether it occurs at the Superbowl half-time show or down some back alley. It either is or it isn't. The fact that everyone just carried on rather than daring to disrupt the self-aggrandising circlejerk of privileged celebrities that is the Oscars should come as a surprise to nobody.

However, like I say, I understand why people want to join in. It's a valid form of escapism, a guilty pleasure and an opportunity to just have at it with the gossip and judgement of others, and I'm genuinely not being critical. We all need that sometimes if we're being honest. I'm just surprised how much people seem to care. xD

Don't really watch these shows, but am assuming Will's slap is what everyone feels when they watch this anyway? Something quite poetic about that...

In all seriousness, I really don't care much about the whole thing. If I was pressed on commenting, I would say Will's actions have let him down. If it is some kind of bizarre stunt, I can't see why it happened anyway?!

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You can't just assault people. Especially not on live TV. 

Had will Smith gone up and stood up for his wife with words, maybe cracking a joke while explaining she has alopecia, it would have made him and her sympathetic, and made Rock look classless. 
Had he just gone up and asked for an apology, same deal. 

Now he's in the wrong, and looks like your typical chav fuckwit "Dont talk bout my missus ya mutt" type. Except richer. 
I think it's because most girls haven't been punched in the mouth. And if they had, they'd not be so quick to condone it. 

I think you misunderstood my post, tbh. Not saying he's "right", just that his actions are not hard to understand. What I see on the video is one classless dickhead who makes hurtful jokes, and another dickhead who slaps him for it. Have little sympathy for either, but can understand Smith's reaction, even if it's not "right". Neither is Chris Rock, at least in my point of view though. I'm not going to be outraged about someone bitch slapping him on live TV because a) I really don't care; and b) you mock a medical condition of someone's family member in front of them, you invite trouble. Both crossed the line, both apologized, nobody cares. I still think it was staged.

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Anyway, Will slapping him was hilarious, although like @nudgesaid, it's probably staged knowing Americans.

Especially considering how the academy execs were recently complaining all over the media about fallen ratings and viewership. And then bam, something happens in the Awards ceremony just a few days later that everyone keeps talking about. What a coincidence. Bet in the next year's ceremony they'll get someone to shot someone else on stage to improve the ratings.

4 hours ago, Toinho said:

If it is some kind of bizarre stunt, I can't see why it happened anyway?!

37 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

like @nudgesaid, it's probably staged knowing Americans.

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Especially considering how the academy execs were recently complaining all over the media about fallen ratings and viewership.

Ratings for it have been in severe decline for some time so if they were going to try and make it a talking point then they have succeeded... 

40 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

I had no idea Oscars were happening before this I thought they happened in February.

That's largely due to the fact the Oscars reviews have plummeted over the years considering they try to out Woke the previous year. 

Archived