talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leyton Orient Thread

Yeah, we're here again. Another manager bites the dust. 

Webb galvanised the team for a short period, was passionate, spoke well, wanted to stay at the club long term and actually had the fans behind him, unlike some other managers we've had but after Saturday's defeat to Crawley, he dared speak of wanting assurances so he could put together a plan for next season and beyond and now this. 

We're down anyway but I don't think that matters anymore, it's about the survival of the club now and there really needs to be a big push from our fans now to make that happen. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
football forum

Why would anyone want to manage Orient? It's career suicide. As you say, the main objective is to keep the club alive, once that's been achieved you can begin putting the pieces back together.

Three of the last four appointments have been appointed from within the club (with the threat of the sack if they decline) and then told how to do their job by the idiot upstairs so that's the only reason we've had managers this season. Omer Riza seems the next in line to take the role. 

• Administrator

what's the number at now?

I heard the other day that Portsmouth had something like 11 managers in the last 11 years. Could be wrong. Orient can't be far of that but it's no surprise when you have an absolute madman in charge at the very top. 

football forum
10 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Confirmed and Omer Riza takes the job till the end of the season. 

Omer Riza? Probably the lad on work experience in the canteen?

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Omer Riza? Probably the lad on work experience in the canteen?

Youth teamer at Arsenal and West Ham before playing for Barnet, Cambridge and Shrewsbury. Managed Cheshunt, who are in the 8th tier of English football before getting the U16's job with us, where he and others have done very well at before being promoted to assistant when Webb got the job. 

football forum

Thought that I would make a rather grim thread about the demise of Leyton Orient but decided to merge it with the news of yet another manager leaving to keep things tidy. After seeing Smiley's posts go from being gutted about missing out on the Championship by a whisker to facing the real prospect of playing non-league football I've really grown to hate Francesco Bechetti and have tried to follow Orient's news as much as I can in the hope that they can get out of this mess. 

This is the rather sad thread that I'm sure will get updated throughout the summer as Orient's roller-coaster era continues. The Football League have a lot to answer for.

17 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Thought that I would make a rather grim thread about the demise of Leyton Orient but decided to merge it with the news of yet another manager leaving to keep things tidy. After seeing Smiley's posts go from being gutted about missing out on the Championship by a whisker to facing the real prospect of playing non-league football I've really grown to hate Francesco Bechetti and have tried to follow Orient's news as much as I can in the hope that they can get out of this mess. 

This is the rather sad thread that I'm sure will get updated throughout the summer as Orient's roller-coaster era continues. The Football League have a lot to answer for.

It's hit a point now where I think if Bechetti offered to clear all debt and pump money back in to the club most Orient fans would rather he didn't and just left the club in hands of administrators. It's an absolute disgrace he was deemed fit and proper to run a football club. 

There was a poll online from someone asking whether people would rather survive in League Two for another year but Becchetti remains or take relegation and he goes. Relegation and him going won convincingly in the end. That's the scale of the dislike towards him, people would rather us be relegated out of the Football League for the first time ever than Becchetti remain. 

Becchetti promised the courts he'd inject £1m over the next ten weeks at the winding up order at the start of the March. Fast forward to today and players and staff haven't been paid so it doesn't look positive at present and I can only see more creditors filing for winding up orders in future. 

Relegation is all but assured now but we're sinking fast and we'll be lucky to survive in the Conference next season if Becchetti remains. 

The cunts at the Football League have asked our Fans Trust to foot the unpaid medical bills that the man the Football League deemed a 'fit and proper person' to run a Football Club hasn't bothered to pay. 

I sincerely hope our Fans Trust told them to fuck off once they stopped laughing at that outrageous statement. 

On 13/04/2017 at 6:19 PM, Smiley Culture said:

The cunts at the Football League have asked our Fans Trust to foot the unpaid medical bills that the man the Football League deemed a 'fit and proper person' to run a Football Club hasn't bothered to pay. 

I sincerely hope our Fans Trust told them to fuck off once they stopped laughing at that outrageous statement. 

I think the FL May have done that as before our final game in 2009/10 season the figures of what we owe what too was released and quite disgustingly the clubs previous regime had not paid st johns ambulance for there services for some time. As a result the fans got together and paid that debt off. Quite different circumstances as we didnt want to force the owner out and we were in administration at this point but the FL were probably hopeing we had set some sort of precedent.

On 4/13/2017 at 6:19 PM, Smiley Culture said:

Has anyone ever been found unfit to run a football club under that joke test? 

Off the top of my head, alongside Bechetti, there's been Venky's, SISU, Duchatelet, Tan, Cellino who have all come in and seriously mismanaged their toys clubs, while passing the test. I mean, really, it's astonishing. There are probably more, ffs, Dean Holdsworth was allowed to buy an initial stake in BWFC with his dodgy Sports Shield company, funded by dodgy money from scumcunt Jonathan Disley.

8 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

And it has now been confirmed. Becchetti has relegated Leyton Orient to the National League.

They could go further. Remember what happened to Hereford.

• Administrator

Can only feel for Smiley and other Orient fans. Having a shit owner is one thing. To have the club go to a level it's not been in for 112 years is sickening. 

Good luck for the future, Orient and @Smiley Culture. it doesn't look bright at all now but I hope that you come back sooner rather than later and 100% without Becchetti at the helm. 

• The title was changed to Leyton Orient Sold To Lifelong Fan Nigel Travis

Archived