talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leyton Orient Thread

Stan summed it up very well. I didn't like Barry Hearn or the hymn sheet he would always mention "were always in profit were the only we'll run club blah blah blah" but even during that period I never would have wished on the fans what has happened under Bechetti. The sooner they get rid of him the better. Torquay are living proof that being a bigger club doesn't give you the automatic right to be challenging for promotion at that level.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dan said:

https://www.efl.com/news/article/2016/efl-statement-blackpool-v-leyton-orient-3701153.aspx

While the EFL wanks itself silly and spends all that money on time on its silly rebranding, it supports shit like this.

The EFL and FA have totally let both clubs down. It's a disgrace.

Rather than actually deal with the problem and work out why both clubs' fans have been taking to pitch invasions, they ban ticket sales and treat fans like vermin. 

The Football League are a dispicable organisation from top to bottom. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Smiley Culture said:

Rather than actually deal with the problem and work out why both clubs' fans have been taking to pitch invasions, they ban ticket sales and treat fans like vermin. 

The Football League are a dispicable organisation from top to bottom. 

Football is the only industry in the world where you would get away with this. I'm convinced.

2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

The Football League wouldn't pass their own fit and proper person's test. 

To support this notion Evangelos Marinakis, the owner of Olympiakos that is being investigated for match fixing, is interested in buying Nottingham Forest AND would pass the fit and proper person's test because he is under investigation and not yet been convicted. How utterly stupid.

40 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

To support this notion Evangelos Marinakis, the owner of Olympiakos that is being investigated for match fixing, is interested in buying Nottingham Forest AND would pass the fit and proper person's test because he is under investigation and not yet been convicted. How utterly stupid.

Fantastic. The FA were given a vote of no confidence (what was the outcome after that?!) by the government at the back end of last year, the EFL somehow got away without so much of a headline despite their actions over the years. Both are utterly corrupt and broken organisations. 

It's well known that Dunkin' Donuts CEO and Orient fan, Nigel Travis, has been in negotiations with Francesco Becchetti in regards to purchasing the club and there has been rumours all day that something would happen today. I didn't want to post anything here until something actually did happen but I am. There's not been any movement that we know of in regards to the club but there's a good indicator that change is going to happen soon as Francesco Becchetti's eight bathroomed converted pub of a home is up for sale. 

This isn't significant in regards of a sale but it feels like a big step towards the end of this nightmare three years. 

• 4 weeks later...

After weeks and weeks of rumour and speculation that a deal to sell the club to Dunkin Donuts' Nigel Travis and an associate called Kent Teague, a second bidder has emerged, former West Ham United and Norwich player Alan Bowers, who has made his money in property development after a spell in prison for selling stolen cars. 

Teague hadn't tweeted for months and then once his name was mentioned, suddenly started again and tweeted about business models at football clubs, success and winning. 

Bowers is a name that's emerged in the past few days but there are a few small time ex-Footballers like David Bridges and Paolo Vernazza who are tweeting that the deal is close with Bowers, as revealed to them by a very good source. Ironically, Bridges and Vernazza, at different stages, were teammates of Omer Riza, the current Orient manager. 

I have a sense of happiness that we might be close to the end of Francesco Becchetti but a massive feeling of apprehension, especially as there is little to no information online about this Alan Bowers, other than he went to prison. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bowers has allegedly given Francesco Becchetti till end of play tomorrow (Tuesday) to discuss a deal for the sale of the club, according to a couple of newspapers. 

Bowers' wife has been talking to fans and apparently giving out her husbands number on Facebook to some of our fans and some have allegedly had conversations with him about the deal. 

Poalo Vernazza. That's a blast from the past.

Any more information on Bowers background from a business perspective, Smiley? As horrendous as Becchetti's reign has been it must be difficult to get behind somebody that people know almost nothing about.

Bowers is a property developer in the UK and Spain but there's very little information out there and very few news stories or pictures of him out there. This is a consortium made up of East London/Essex businessmen but we know only of Bowers, so far. 

It's a weird one. There's people in two camps, it seems. Some in the "anyone but Becchetti" camp and others in the "he'll get my respect when he earns it" camp and a few have expressed slight concerns about him. 

Be prepared to laugh at the sheer amateur nature of the clown, Alan Bowers. 

So, he gave Francesco Becchetti a 9am deadline to accept or reject his consortium's offer. Unfortunately, trying to take control and issuing ultimatums to Becchetti is a stupid idea as Becchetti has to be the one in control, so it was no surprise to hear that Bowers had no response from Becchetti or his representatives. 

Onto the funny part. So people found Bowers' wife on Facebook over the weekend and was sending her messages of support and the like. The little 'firm' we have that called themselves OTF actually managed to meet Bowers but I digress. So after this 9am deadline passed, Bowers picked 7 fans and contacted them with a statement telling them that his consortium were pulling out. 

The statement is utterly embarrassing and I'll try and find it and get it in here tonight. 

It's Court (a) the second leg today for Orient. 

At the first court appearance, Francesco Becchetti sent a statement via one of his puppets, promising to inject £1m+ in the next 8 to 10 weeks but some creditors were still owed money, so that's why we had a return leg. It turns out that on Thursday or Friday, those unpaid debts begun to be paid off. What that means in the bigger picture, no one is sure. However, we do know that companies cannot be sold whilst the having a winding up order over them so hopefully it's to do with that. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

winding up order dismissed. Good news for @Smiley Culture and hopefully the club can be put in the right hands now that this has been sorted (for now)

I wouldn't call this good news, in fact, if call it bad news. With each passing day the club remains in the hands of Francesco Becchetti, we step closer to extinction. 

More creditors have now stepped forward and whether we're able to start the season is genuinely up in the air at present. 

I don't think there's an Orient fan out there that wouldn't have suffered admin and a points deduction because that would mean the club is out of the grasp of Becchetti. 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I wouldn't call this good news, in fact, if call it bad news. With each passing day the club remains in the hands of Francesco Becchetti, we step closer to extinction. 

More creditors have now stepped forward and whether we're able to start the season is genuinely up in the air at present. 

I don't think there's an Orient fan out there that wouldn't have suffered admin and a points deduction because that would mean the club is out of the grasp of Becchetti. 

but without a winding up order you can now sell the club? are there no more buyers interested in taking ownership off Becchetti?

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

but without a winding up order you can now sell the club? are there no more buyers interested in taking ownership off Becchetti?

You can only sell a club if the owner wants to sell. Becchetti has messed around two prospective owners, Alan Bowers and Nigel Travis, Travis is allegedly still interested but how willing is Becchetti to sell? No one can be sure of what he wants to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Cristiano Ronaldo is up for sale!!!...  Possible? :ph34r:

On a serious note...  I'm happy for you and all Orient fans mate (I know a few), you deserved this after all the stagnant pond water you've been swimming in for quite some time now.

• The title was changed to Leyton Orient Sold To Lifelong Fan Nigel Travis

Archived