talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Past and Present pictures

football forum

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

More trees in the present pics! Nice! 

Old b&w pictures from the past haunt me when I look at them and think like this one of The Vennel, the windows in the background half drawn curtains and I imagine someone is inside that flat more than likely sitting around a coal fire reading a book, no TVs, laptops, mobiles in those days, nostalgic. 

download.png

Edited by CaaC (John)
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Edinburgh

In the first photo of White Horse Close the wife maintains she saw a ghost outside near the steps on New Year's Day, 1958 when she went outside after midnight to watch the fireworks from Edinburgh Castle, she said she scarpered back inside quick smart.

7.png

8.png

6.png

5.png

4.png

3.png

2.png

A.png

TheScotsmanHistoryandHeritage

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought this was quite interesting to look at. 

A Hotel in the Poconos (Northeastern Pennsylvania, USA) in the 1950's and now abandoned. 

2ql9y0k8sv1b1.jpg?auto=webp&v=enabled&s=yxsulf6gs02b1.jpg?auto=webp&v=enabled&s=

Once so full with life, people having great times, childhood memories etc. and now this. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

I thought this was quite interesting to look at. 

A Hotel in the Poconos (Northeastern Pennsylvania, USA) in the 1950's and now abandoned. 

2ql9y0k8sv1b1.jpg?auto=webp&v=enabled&s=yxsulf6gs02b1.jpg?auto=webp&v=enabled&s=

Once so full with life, people having great times, childhood memories etc. and now this. 

Pennsylvania is a state in the rust belt which is a geographic area of the USA which was economically destroyed when manufacturing was outsourced. The 50s was the beginning of the economic devastation for millions of Americans.

Edited by Spike
  • Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

British Woman lives in the same house for 104 years.

kd6ay7ztpa5b1.jpg?width=640&auto=webp&v=

Everyone wants the newest gadgets and the newest homes these days. But a 104-year-old British Woman didn’t let herself be tricked into anything strange. Instead, she stayed true to her childhood home.

Elsie Allcock was born in the United Kingdom in 1918 and is now a great-grandmother. Since she was born, she has lived in the same house. She has also seen four kings and queens and 25 prime ministers come and go.

https://www.timesnownews.com/viral/woman-has-lived-in-same-house-for-104-years-article-92669552

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...