talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-0 Atletico Madrid - Tuesday 5th April, 2022 (1st Leg)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Atletico are essentially playing a 5-5 formation 😂

What they are doing is working...if the plan is to keep it 0-0 for the 2nd leg. The team content on sitting back even with the ball. 

It's a back 10 and we don't even have a striker :4_joy:

15 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I hate anti football teams, these might as well be Stoke City the way they are sat in there own box :coffee:

They're a twat of a team to play against. I'm glad you've got them either side of our games though:whistling:

• Subscriber

For all the slating Man City barely created a thing all night before the goal - Foden's really turned that game.

Think Man City will probably go through but don't think this one is dusted by any stretch.

6 hours ago, Dan said:

For all the slating Man City barely created a thing all night before the goal - Foden's really turned that game.

Think Man City will probably go through but don't think this one is dusted by any stretch.

We find it difficult when teams sit deep with 10 players behind the ball, we really need a player like Haaland when there's little space to tip toe through. it was just the brilliance of Foden who had 4 defenders around him when he put De Bruyne in on goal that got us the result in the end

They going to have to come out there own half in Spain so it should be a better game

• The title was changed to Man City 1-0 Atletico Madrid - Tuesday 5th April, 2022 (1st Leg)
  • Administrator

From the sounds of it, I'm just glad I chose Liverpool's game with Benfica instead of this one. Utter borefest by all accounts...

Atletico will be a bit more in City’s faces when they are at home. City could either take them apart or collapse. 

Would be funny to see City knocked out early again, but I also loathe Atletico so I don’t know what result I prefer. 

4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Atletico will be a bit more in City’s faces when they are at home. City could either take them apart or collapse. 

Would be funny to see City knocked out early again, but I also loathe Atletico so I don’t know what result I prefer. 

Getting knocked out would help us in the title race tbf so wouldn't be a bad thing

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

We find it difficult when teams sit deep with 10 players behind the ball, we really need a player like Haaland when there's little space to tip toe through. it was just the brilliance of Foden who had 4 defenders around him when he put De Bruyne in on goal that got us the result in the end

They going to have to come out there own half in Spain so it should be a better game

I've not seen you struggle as much as that to create anything mind. Foden totally dragged you through that game. I couldn't see where it was coming from, you were resorting to quite hopeful crosses and whatnot fairly early on.

I'm not having the possession stats. No way did you have under 80%.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Would rather City go through but have a tough time of it. Then they can go out to Real or Chelsea

• The topic was unpinned

Archived