talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 1-3 Real Madrid - Wednesday 6th April, 2022 (1st Leg)

Benzema's two headers compared with Lukaku's two headers, a gulf in class.

Heard on the rumourmill that Tuchel is getting divorced and can't help wonder if this is having an effect on the team.

We are certainly in a sticky moment, some players look very tired or just error prone and just at the wrong time of the season.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Waylander said:

Heard on the rumourmill that Tuchel is getting divorced and can't help wonder if this is having an effect on the team.

We are certainly in a sticky moment, some players look very tired or just error prone and just at the wrong time of the season.

Do you think the war and Roman leaving has had an affect on the players?

13 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

@Berserker always said that Real would have been better off keeping Higuain and fucking off Benzema. Deluded to think the pie deleter can lace the bald bad teen smashers boots.  

Both look like Canterbury-Bankstown players, fat bald cunt and a  leb

4 hours ago, Waylander said:

He is, but that shouldn't really impact the players to the standard we've seen. 

I think everything has just caught up to them. Everything about Chelsea recently has been draining regarding the ownership, and that's only going to exacerbate now the players are showing some signs of wear and struggle on the pitch too. We've played so many matches combined with injuries and absolute gash on the bench. Add the uncertainty of certain players' futures, you can tell its finally had an affect on the team after holding strong for a long period. I still remember after battering Juventus in November. Chilwell's injury casted a very large dark cloud over our best performance of the season. Definitely was a bad omen. 

With the debt cleared, I am fulling expecting some major sales in the summer. Don't even think the likes of Jorginho and Kante are safe. 

4 hours ago, Waylander said:

There are definitely a myriad of issues at Chelsea right now and none of them all that positive. It’s a case of them riding them out and searching for some stability in the not too distant future. It’s what occurs during this period that marks how much destruction is caused before recovery can be implemented.

5 hours ago, MUFC said:

Do you think the war and Roman leaving has had an affect on the players?

It depends if they thought the govt was going to stop clubs paying salaries a while back due to the Ukraine situation re Roman.

I think the bigger thing for us will be if Tuchel is not on his A game re his personal life as divorce proceedings were started in March and he has kids, seemed strange not to start with Kovacic and Azpi on the left was not great.

Alonso is not preferred due to his limited ability to get back to defensive duties.

As Cicero says our options on the bench are limited too.

Aside the ownership issue, we have 14-16 players who have uncertain futures with regards to player contracts, players not wanting to be here, and players who know they will be shipped off. We've also played the most games in Europe this season, despite picking up several injuries during our most congested period. 

I know we still have two trophies to play for, but I can understand why there is a lack of motivation after such a draining and uncertain past several weeks. 

4 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Any particular reason as I have not followed his career?

I think he blackmailed a teammate over a sex tape.

Brilliant player though, but he's probably a shitbag of a person in real life.

19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Aha, now you mention it think I did hear something some years back.

Bizarre.

On 07/04/2022 at 17:59, Dr. Gonzo said:

Not just a teammate, supposedly his best friend at that time (Mathieu Valbuena). Plus there’s all the stuff that has eternally surrounded him on his commitment to the France national side and his apparent hesitancy to sing the national anthem. I know that latter one is extremely absurd, but it kept him ousted from the national team for years.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Not just a teammate, supposedly his best friend at that time (Mathieu Valbuena). Plus there’s all the stuff that has eternally surrounded him on his commitment to the France national side and his apparent hesitancy to sing the national anthem. I know that latter one is extremely absurd, but it kept him ousted from the national team for years.

Although he is French by nationality he also has Algerian parents. I'm presuming the Algerian war of Independence has coloured his feelings towards France, 

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Although he is French by nationality he also has Algerian parents. I'm presuming the Algerian war of Independence has coloured his feelings towards France, 

Still odd to then choose to play for France and suddenly put all that aside after the national anthem is done :what:

1 hour ago, Waylander said:

Don’t quote me on this and I haven’t bothered to check it out, but it was Deschamps who made a huge deal out of it at the time where he was dropped from the national team. But tbh, I do remember him being whistled by the home fans for a number of games. Imo it was more to do with his performances which weren’t to the level he was giving for Real Madrid. 

But we’ve seen similar reactions with Messi and Argentina versus his output for Barcelona back then.

He plays for France because they are a better FA and more competitive than the Algerian. Like how many Saffas choose to play cricket for Aus, NZ, and Eng.

He wouldn’t give a single fuck about France,

• The title was changed to Chelsea 1-3 Real Madrid - Wednesday 6th April, 2022 (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived