talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 2-2 Liverpool - Sunday 10th April, 2022

football forum

41 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah that Keane/Vieira and Wenger/Fergie battle was superb. And then mini-battles all over the pitch as well. There was proper fire in each game. 

Yeah it’s just completely unmatched. There hasn’t been a title race since where the hatred has spilled over in that way and there has since been Manchester derbies and Liverpool/United for the title. It just sort of transcended traditional rivalries.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Danny said:

Apparently City and Liverpool are the two best teams in the world…Sky really hate acknowledging anything Spanish and in particular this time Real Madrid

It's not just Sky. Most people with an ounce of knowledge would say these two are the best as things stand. Even the bookies. Not that it matters whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's not just Sky. Most people with an ounce of knowledge would say these two are the best as things stand. Even the bookies. Not that it matters whatsoever. 

There’s literally no credible argument to leave Real Madrid out of the discussion. It’s just Prem tunnel vision, like when pundits ignored Benzema and Lewandowski as being better than Salah, both of which are now having much better seasons individually.

But yeah doesn’t matter too much just a Sunday rant.

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

There’s literally no credible argument to leave Real Madrid out of the discussion. It’s just Prem tunnel vision, like when pundits ignored Benzema and Lewandowski as being better than Salah, both of which are now having much better seasons individually.

When the argument is comparing Real Madrid to Liverpool and City, who are genuinely on another level than the rest of Europe, I'd say its fairly easy to leave them out.  Other than Benzema being in the top of his game there is nothing spectacular about this Real Madrid side who were nearly knocked out of the group stage by Sheriff. 

I'd even claim both Liverpool and City have leap frogged Bayern given how poor they've been defensively. 

12 minutes ago, Danny said:

I'm not even arsed mate xD

If you think Real Madrid are better than Liverpool & City then that's up to you. 

Just now, Cicero said:

When the argument is comparing Real Madrid to Liverpool and City, who are genuinely on another level than the rest of Europe, I'd say its fairly easy to leave them out.  Other than Benzema being in the top of his game there is nothing spectacular about this Real Madrid side who were nearly knocked out of the group stage by Sheriff. 

I'd even claim both Liverpool and City have leap frogged Bayern given how poor they've been defensively. 

They are at this point in the season 100% up there imo

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I'm not even arsed mate xD

If you think Real Madrid are better than Liverpool & City then that's up to you. 

I mean if you read being up there as being better then you probably borrow my specs mate xD

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

They are at this point in the season 100% up there imo

City and Liverpool are elite, genuinely elite, player for player and how they function as a team. Real Madrid are relying on Benzema's world class form whilst trying to balance out a counter attacking game with a below average defense. 

We are only having this conversation because PSG bottled it at the Bernabeu and Christensen has buggered off to holiday already. 

16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Don't know if I can watch this (obviously I will), but I literally feel sick. 

Best team will win.

Really? i'm excited, it's like a cup final for the league :4_joy:  ..the best team on the day will win (your in better form) and the team that get's the decisions  ..Dias out is huge for us and don't know why Jesus is playing ffs! id have Mahrez on the right

• The title was changed to Man City 2-2 Liverpool - Sunday 10th April, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived