• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Other PL Round 32 Fixtures - 9-10th April, 2022
  • Administrator
9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Saints will batter us. 

is it all eyes on CL now? 

Southampton have seemingly had their fun patch in Feb and then sharply dropped off. A battering would be surprising...

35 minutes ago, Stan said:

is it all eyes on CL now? 

Southampton have seemingly had their fun patch in Feb and then sharply dropped off. A battering would be surprising...

I don't know where the priorities are at. I thought after Brentford the players would switch their mentality against Real, but it was the same poor all around performance.

There is so much uncertainty around the club its draining, and it looks like its finally had an affect on the players. Saints will press us from the first minute and I also question some of our players fitness. 

God help us if Alonso is playing. 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I don't know where the priorities are at. I thought after Brentford the players would switch their mentality against Real, but it was the same poor all around performance.

There is so much uncertainty around the club its draining, and it looks like its finally had an affect on the players. Saints will press us from the first minute and I also question some of our players fitness. 

God help us if Alonso is playing. 

Yep, I also see them pressing us early on.

I would be tempted to play Kepa as they are not a long ball side.

Left  (W) back is an issue for us, I don't want Azpi there and think Sarr would be better with perhaps Alonso to come on later if we need a goal.

I would like to see Kovacic start and hope Jorginho is fit rather than Reuben Loftus-Cheek.

Big game for us this. I'd say its definitely a must win for Watford and a must not lose for us.

But ideally, we really have to go for the three points here and kill this thing before we start needing to look at winning 'dodgy' games at Palace or home to Brighton, especially with Burnley back alive too.

I think we’re playing West Ham at a good time tbh, don’t think they’re in the most amazing form though they have had some wins and I think that Lyon game would have taken something out of them, physically and emotionally. On top of that we’re at home so the crowd should be up for it.

A win would be massive and whilst not completely expected, it’s needed.

• Subscriber

I can see us getting beat here to be honest. We'll rightly make about 5 changes from Thursday, including the centre halves, and Palace are on a bit of a high with nothing to lose going into this game.

That said I suppose they have an eye on a future fixture too. 

I'm confident. Whilst we've not been as good away from home the last away game against Wolves was possibly the best we've played away from home all season. We've kept four clean sheets on the trott now which includes fixtures against Man City and Arsenal and Marc Guehi is more than capable of taking advantage of Leicester's vulnerability from set pieces too.

I can't anticipate us laying off because of the semi final, the performance against Arsenal was pleasing, we have very good squad depth and Chelsea have officially rejected the request for our most pressing player in Conor Gallagher to play the semi final.

Patrick Vieira seems to have set a target of finishing above Leicester too which isn't unrealistic if we win this game. Who would have thought that at the start of the season.

5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I can't anticipate us laying off because of the semi final, the performance against Arsenal was pleasing, we have very good squad depth and Chelsea have officially rejected the request for our most pressing player in Conor Gallagher to play the semi final.

Where did you read that? The FA won’t allow him to play just like they wouldn’t allow him to play in the league. Not the club’s decision. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Where did you read that? The FA won’t allow him to play just like they wouldn’t allow him to play in the league. Not the club’s decision. 

One Football sent a notification. Not going to lie I didn't read the article. I just thought "Well no shit" and carried on my day as normal.

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

One Football sent a notification. Not going to lie I didn't read the article. I just thought "Well no shit" and carried on my day as normal.

We let both Mount and Tomori play against us in the league cup and even allowed that cunt Courtois to play us in the CL semi final. 

No reason we’d deny Gallagher this opportunity. 

Lol our CL hopes are over. I looked at our fixtures a few weeks ago and said to myself as long as we win the games we should be winning we'll make it into to top 4 even if we can't beat the top teams. 0 points from matches against Palace and Brighton is awful. Without Tierney and Partey I don't expect us to do much in the tough matches against teams around us in the table.

Fourth place is Tottenham's to lose, they've found form when it matters and I don't see them slowing down.

Massive win for us that.

Awful performance to be honest really, upto the 73rd when we got the 2nd between both sides, no one could pass or keep the ball. It was purely one piece of quality that kept us ahead.

When the 2nd went in, Watford sunk. They were pressing but didn't quite create enough. You could see the fight in them drain from their bodies, I can't see them coming back from that.

Man of the match, Liam Cooper. What a difference it makes to have your captain in central defence back. Wouldn't let anybody daydream or rest on their laurels today, he would have fought till midnight. Top class.

I knew we’d end up having this run of dodgy results. It was expected with such a young side and all that’s left to be done is to have patience. We can’t go praising them like they’re the next big thing and then when it isn’t so good that we start feeling it’s all crap. These inconsistencies occur when there isn’t a backbone that offers leadership. It’ll take time but things still look promising for the future.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived