talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 32 Fixtures - 9-10th April, 2022

football forum

Nice to see Chelsea win by 6 goals after Madrid and Brentford.

Though it is not the first time the Saints have suffered a hiding and with them being mid-table perhaps they were lacking motivation.

Still this should be a boost for Madrid mid-week though do not see us overturning the first leg deficit.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
10 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm confident. Whilst we've not been as good away from home the last away game against Wolves was possibly the best we've played away from home all season. We've kept four clean sheets on the trott now which includes fixtures against Man City and Arsenal and Marc Guehi is more than capable of taking advantage of Leicester's vulnerability from set pieces too.

I can't anticipate us laying off because of the semi final, the performance against Arsenal was pleasing, we have very good squad depth and Chelsea have officially rejected the request for our most pressing player in Conor Gallagher to play the semi final.

Patrick Vieira seems to have set a target of finishing above Leicester too which isn't unrealistic if we win this game. Who would have thought that at the start of the season.

Don't massage our egos too much now.

I do think you've got a good chance. I default this season to us scoring and conceding but of late it's balanced out a bit lately I think with players coming back from injury and a slight tactical tweak. We look harder to break down but we've definitely lost something going forward.

• Administrator

Southampton xD

How many managers have had more than 3 thrashings of 6-0 or more?! And that's just the two 9-0s and today's result I can think of.

@Cicero This Chelsea game was the absolute typification of Werner at RBL. This is the player I thought you would get. A player who misses 3 chances but scores 2 goals. A player who can put away shit mid table teams, who benefits from pressing and long passing. 
Shame you got half the player for double the price he's worth. 

• Subscriber

Southampton are the most Bundesliga side in the division as well. If there's any side he should know how to get the better of it's them.

Disgraceful from them really. That could easily have been 9 again. I like Hasenhuttl to some degree but their off day is spectacular.

I’ve just seen the clip of the disallowed Martinelli goal & the 5 odd minutes of VAR review.

After that long they’re just guessing and no angle made it look clear and obvious he was offside.

Weird decision and I don’t understand it at all.

7 hours ago, 6666 said:

We've really shit the bed since the international break. Tottenham big favourites now for that 4th spot.

Yeh Conte got them flying 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Southampton are the most Bundesliga side in the division as well. If there's any side he should know how to get the better of it's them.

Disgraceful from them really. That could easily have been 9 again. I like Hasenhuttl to some degree but their off day is spectacular.

Mad side Southampton. Rock up to any club and win but also capable of getting smashed the saints fans surely don't know what to expect from 1 week to another 

6 hours ago, Dan said:

My brother is one of a decent number of Arsenal fans that believe there’s a conspiracy against us (for quite a number of years and he curiously has stats to back that claim) which I don’t agree with. But it’s things like these that feed that sort of thing. I don’t want to make a big deal out of it due to the fact that nothing can be done and what’s happened has happened.

It is a very odd decision tbh.

Although Gary Lineker is clear on his take on it all and tbh, he tends to be right on most things. Here he is responding to that professional troll, Piers Morgan.

On 08/04/2022 at 15:22, Lucas said:

Big game for us this. I'd say its definitely a must win for Watford and a must not lose for us.

But ideally, we really have to go for the three points here and kill this thing before we start needing to look at winning 'dodgy' games at Palace or home to Brighton, especially with Burnley back alive too.

Leeds got goals in them. Think you boys would of been top 10 without the key injuries 

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Surprised that there's no Harvey Barnes.

Has played a lot recently and looked shattered on Thursday. Needs a bit of a rest and ECL is clearly the priority now.

1-0 up thanks to Bryan Mbeumo. Ajer with the throw in to Toney, Toney with a through ball to Mbeumo who shoots one on one at an angle to score.

Toney is absolutely made for this level, brilliant player and hopefully next season we can provide some more creativity for him.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived