Sunday 10th April, 2022
Kiel vs Hamburg
Paderborn vs Karlsruhe
Sandhausen vs Dresden

image.png

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally a Friday evening game again. Sick of those stupid 13:30 kick offs. I can finally drink one more beer in the stadium today. :ph34r:

Rostock could be a tricky fixture though. They are the team of the hour. 

A superb powerful long range shot by Narey in the 90th minute hits the post and into the net to give Dusseldorf their 3rd goal. It was an excellent effort by Narey and moments later there was a bit of a brawl between both sets of players, but things soon calmed down as the match finished 3-0 to Dusseldorf.

Fantastic win for us today. I'm used to being 2:0 up, but usually we squander that lead in the final minutes of the game, so that we even managed to score the 3:0 towards the end was a bit surprising. 

I think that was Ao Tanaka's first goal for us! Happy for him! But Narey with an assist and a goal was once again the most outstanding player today. I'm convinced that he'll leave in the summer. Hopefully we'll still get a good amount of money for him. :/

And hats off to the Rostock supporters today. They created a fantastic atmosphere in their corner, had some nice flares, but nothing extreme or dangerous. 

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Fantastic win for us today. I'm used to being 2:0 up, but usually we squander that lead in the final minutes of the game, so that we even managed to score the 3:0 towards the end was a bit surprising. 

I think that was Ao Tanaka's first goal for us! Happy for him! But Narey with an assist and a goal was once again the most outstanding player today. I'm convinced that he'll leave in the summer. Hopefully we'll still get a good amount of money for him. :/

And hats off to the Rostock supporters today. They created a fantastic atmosphere in their corner, had some nice flares, but nothing extreme or dangerous. 

Yeah, that was a very impressive performance by Dusseldorf against an inform Rostock team. Dusseldorf I think played to their potential today and showed that they are a team that really should be higher up the table.

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Top-4 title race is great for the neutral...

Not only for the neutral! I love it, definitely better than one team just running away with it. 

Good first half, entertaining match so far. We should have scored twice though...

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Not only for the neutral! I love it, definitely better than one team just running away with it. 

Good first half, entertaining match so far. We should have scored twice though...

Darmstadt vs Schalke next week too. 

And then St Pauli vs Darmstadt/Schalke vs Bremen on the same weekend :o 

St Pauli vs Schalke the week after that. 

What a few weeks it could be.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

:o I didn't even realise those were the upcoming fixtures. Tasty.

• Subscriber

Well that was a really entertaining match. Pauli fans will understandably feel hard done by the ref; I know I'd be furious, but I'd say that all in all, a draw is a fair result given the effort that both teams put in. Two big missed chances in the first half, and then Ducksch hitting the bar and Gruev just missing the goal by a few centimeters late in the game could have won the match for us... 

The bad thing about this is that Schalke is now on top, and with Darmstadt playing later, we'll probably drop to 3rd. 

23 hours ago, Stan said:

Also next week Bremen - Nürnberg, who also still have a chance to get promoted after winning versus Darmstadt.

Didn't have time to post earlier in more depth earlier.  The commentator on international feed of the St Pauli and Bremen was thoroughly confused about the Bremen goal.  When it went to VAR he was adamant that the goal wouldn't stand and I agreed based on the replays.  Then the VAR review took literally 3 seconds and his comment was that the goal had been chocked off.  Multiple times over the next 10 minutes he kept saying "disregard the score on your screen, the Bremen goal has been disallowed."  I was convinced lol.  Then he corrected himself later and said something like "I'm just receiving word that the goal has stood... I don't understand that at all".  You and me both, James.  

It was further complicated by the fact that they didn't show the kickoff after the goal because they kept flashing back to the replay.  Really weird and even now I don't understand how Badstubner can look at that replay and within 3 seconds say "oh yeah, that definitely wasn't handball... goal stands".  Fucked up sequence.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Coma said:

Didn't have time to post earlier in more depth earlier.  The commentator on international feed of the St Pauli and Bremen was thoroughly confused about the Bremen goal.  When it went to VAR he was adamant that the goal wouldn't stand and I agreed based on the replays.  Then the VAR review took literally 3 seconds and his comment was that the goal had been chocked off.  Multiple times over the next 10 minutes he kept saying "disregard the score on your screen, the Bremen goal has been disallowed."  I was convinced lol.  Then he corrected himself later and said something like "I'm just receiving word that the goal has stood... I don't understand that at all".  You and me both, James.  

It was further complicated by the fact that they didn't show the kickoff after the goal because they kept flashing back to the replay.  Really weird and even now I don't understand how Badstubner can look at that replay and within 3 seconds say "oh yeah, that definitely wasn't handball... goal stands".  Fucked up sequence.

Yeah, I was absolutely sure the goal would be disallowed; was completely perplexed with Badstubner's decision. Apparently he saw the handball, but decided it wasn't intentional? No idea what his thought process was there, to be honest 😅

• The topic was unpinned

Archived