talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Borussia Dortmund Thread

30 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You had a friendly yesterday against Zulte-Waregem

Preparation for the second half of the season after the winter break. It's always been like that in Germany. Most teams are in their training camps at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

It’s funny that nobody appears to notice how BL sliding down the drain. Nowadays all clubs except Bayern are eliminated from European competitions. Borussia GOT 2 POINTS from Apoel after painful matches, Bayern now just play like any other BL club 2 years ago and is in front because the rest is shit.

Everybody talk BS about this or that player and everything seems to be normal but if you watch Bayern games it’s unbearable (for me it is just 45 min and I go to get drunk) for the club of this statue, I won’t mention Dortmund here (just cry baby, and I get drunk after 10 min).

What happened?

• Upvote 1

Morning guys, 

New arrival to the forum here - hello! :bye:

I'm primarily a Liverpool fan, Born and bread near Liverpool but now liver over in Cork, Ireland. 

Over the last 5-6 years I've gradually become a big fan of the Bundesliga and Dortmund in particular. I tune in and watch games and highlights each week and as a Liverpool fan there are many obvious links and comparable traits in the two clubs and relative fan bases, not least Klopp, YNWA, The Kop / Yellow Wall etc etc...

Anyway I'm planning on heading over to Dortmund myself next week with a few mates, We arrive Friday and leave Monday and will be attending the Freiberg game next Saturday afternoon. 

We're all sorted for accommodation, tickets etc but I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations on decent pubs to visits and general advice on the nightlife on Friday & Saturday nights around Dortmund. 

Just to give you a bit of background into myself and my mates, We're all on or around the late 30's early 40's mark, like a nice pint in a good old fashioned pub but we're also not adverse to trendy new places, just looking for somewhere lively and active on a Friday and Saturday night, it would nice to mix and meet with locals and taste a bit of the authentic BVB fan match day experience. A bit of live music wouldn't go a miss, in terms of musical taste most of us would 90's indie kids, Oasis, Acoustic guitar bands etc so any of that would be great.  

Liverpool are also playing themselves on the Saturday night in the FA Cup so although not a deal breaker it would be nice to be able to watch that in a pub if its being shown anywhere - all recommendations welcome. 

thanks in advance

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has threatened to clean out the current squad at the end of the season unless results improve.

Belgium striker Michy Batshuayi, on loan from Chelsea, scored twice on his debut last Friday when Dortmund won 3-2 at Bundesliga bottom side Cologne to finish the weekend fourth in Germany's top flight.

However, Andre Schurrle's late winner for Dortmund did not disguise another poor team performance after drawing their three previous games.

Dortmund are 19 points behind runaway German league leaders Bayern Munich, and Watzke says there could be a fire sale in the summer.

"We need a squad adjustment in the summer, things will be clearer after the second half of the season," Watzke told Frankfurt-based newspaper FAZ.

"Michael Zorc [Dortmund's director of sport] has the lead on this, he knows my opinion and expectation."

Borussia remain unbeaten in the league under head coach Peter Stoger, who took over in December when his predecessor Peter Bosz was sacked after eight league games without a win.

The German club dropped down to the Europa League knock-out stages after finishing third in their Champions League group behind Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur.

Several of Dortmund's stars, such as Turkey midfielder Nuri Sahin, chief defender Sokratis and goalkeeper Roman Burki, are struggling to produce consistent performances.

English teenager Jadon Sancho, 17, currently out with an ankle injury, Swedish striker Alexander Isak, 18 and Germany winger Maximilian Philipp, 23, have all impressed and give hope for Dortmund's future.

However, below-par team performances have irked Watzke.

"The team that won the 2011 and 2012 (Bundesliga) titles, weren't as good as today's team, but had the best mentality imaginable," added Watzke.

• 1 month later...

I sincerely hope that BVB do not do the same as 04.  By all means have a clear out, but leave the kids alone - they are the future - the Schurrles and other past-it players are the present problem like the coach -the old men stick together !  I am older than both of them and I see it all the time so it's nothing new, but the kids have very little power to stop it and even great performances do not always go noticed.  Shinji has recently been one of the best guys on the park so loss of form in his case is not a correct idea - other than with those on the bench!

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

Other than it being an obvious marketing opportunity, is there any point to it? BVB don't seriously consider signing him, do they? xD 

As you said, just a marketing thing from Puma. I think they wanted to do it for a while now, but I guess BVB wanted to wait until there's an international break and things don't get too disrupted.