talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Borussia Dortmund Thread

2 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

After 17 years at BVB, that's some innings for a player, Marcel Schmelzer retires at the end of the season.

One of those rare genuine nice people you see in football. Hopefully he finds happiness in whatever he does after his active playing career. 

In other news, Dortmund won't extend Zagadou's contract, so he'll be available for free this summer. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/05/2022 at 15:11, Rucksackfranzose said:

After 17 years at BVB, that's some innings for a player, Marcel Schmelzer retires at the end of the season.

He holds the same status that Pizczek did when he left at the end of last season.  Great club servant... I just wish that he hadn't been hurt for the past 2 seasons.

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Looks like Dortmund are about to sign Köln's Özcan. 

I love Özcan.  This is a deal that I am excited about.  I am a bit surprised that he would consider leaving Köln though.  Might be my new fave BVB player if this happens.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/06/2022 at 02:14, Coma said:

Sounds like Dortmund are closing in on Haller from Ajax. Deal agreed for 30m+. They haven't been shy about throwing the cash around. 

Sounds like the announcement is imminent. Great striker! But that's also a lot of cash. 

4 hours ago, Danny said:

Surprised Haller is making these moves. Obviously one bad move doesn’t negate your career, but still a big downgrade on Haaland.

Scored a bucketful at Ajax, including in the champions league. Think this is a good signing for Dortmund. 

Big window for Dortmund, taking care of that centre back position by bringing in two good players. They need a midfielder though, still a bit light in quality there. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Scored a bucketful at Ajax, including in the champions league. Think this is a good signing for Dortmund. 

Big window for Dortmund, taking care of that centre back position by bringing in two good players. They need a midfielder though, still a bit light in quality there. 

I think between Dahoud, Bellingham, and the new signing Özcan they will be fine.  Özcan is one of those players that I could see playing every league game.  Emre Can is still floating out there, too.  If they dumped Can then I would want another CM.

2 hours ago, Coma said:

I think between Dahoud, Bellingham, and the new signing Özcan they will be fine.  Özcan is one of those players that I could see playing every league game.  Emre Can is still floating out there, too.  If they dumped Can then I would want another CM.

Yes, numbers are okay but Can is a liability. I wouldn’t want him near the starting 11. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Yes, numbers are okay but Can is a liability. I wouldn’t want him near the starting 11. 

His performances last season were abysmal, BUT he was being played as CB in a 2 or 3 man back line for the majority of the time due to our injury issues at CB.  If you had asked me during the season I'd have agreed that he was a liability and binned him off.  My stance has softened a bit with some time and reflection.  He can spot start and come off the bench.  I wouldn't want him as a regular in the 11.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...