talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Borussia Dortmund Thread

Yeah, Tuchel didn't have an easy job. 3 best players left, too many young players as replacements to integrate at once, but so many injuries we had rely on our young newcomers and no real captain. The bomb attack ofc didn't help either and Watzke could at least have called Tuchel and asked before agreeing to play in less than 20 hours.

All that aside the biggest problem with sacking Tuchel is the lack of proper replacements. Is there another decent coach besides Schmidt available?

22 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

@ATL is this you? xD:22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I can certainly relate to them. Although it's not my family that care, just me. My wife likes the local team, but otherwise it's just me for European football. I have never been to a Bundesliga match, like I do watch it since all games are on TV here. I fell in love with Inter though while going to a game, and that is what got me hooked into Serie A, Inter Milan, and European Football. I've been back to the San Siro 3 times since that first visit, and I get all excited like a little child when I arrive in Milan.

But I would like to clear up one thing. The sport is nothing like baseball. Baseball is a miserable sport to watch with little to no crowd involvement. Football, especially the Bundesliga, has the best crowds of almost any sport.

• Subscriber
On 5/9/2017 at 5:16 AM, ATL said:

I can certainly relate to them. Although it's not my family that care, just me. My wife likes the local team, but otherwise it's just me for European football. I have never been to a Bundesliga match, like I do watch it since all games are on TV here. I fell in love with Inter though while going to a game, and that is what got me hooked into Serie A, Inter Milan, and European Football. I've been back to the San Siro 3 times since that first visit, and I get all excited like a little child when I arrive in Milan.

But I would like to clear up one thing. The sport is nothing like baseball. Baseball is a miserable sport to watch with little to no crowd involvement. Football, especially the Bundesliga, has the best crowds of almost any sport.

Ill agree on the crowd involvement aspect. But i will massively disagree about watching baseball live. I think its the complete opposite, it doesnt trasnlate nearly as well to tv as alot of other sports. Everytime i go down to the states i try and catch a game, tickets are quite reasonable on top of it all too.

53 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ill agree on the crowd involvement aspect. But i will massively disagree about watching baseball live. I think its the complete opposite, it doesnt trasnlate nearly as well to tv as alot of other sports. Everytime i go down to the states i try and catch a game, tickets are quite reasonable on top of it all too.

I live in a 'major' baseball town, and I go to the odd game, but they are usually dull affairs.

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

I love baseball. GO CUBS

Seriously? Did you watch the Cubs...say.....5 years ago? I bet the Cubs are fun now, but Baseball is miserable unless you are apart of the 3-4 teams that are actually decent, or in St. Louis.

1 minute ago, ATL said:

Seriously? Did you watch the Cubs...say.....5 years ago? I bet the Cubs are fun now, but Baseball is miserable unless you are apart of the 3-4 teams that are actually decent, or in St. Louis.

I don't give a shit if they win or lose, I like to go to games.

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

Exactly, im not a big fan of the game or a particular team but going to games is always a good time.

Of course, I prefer for the Cubs to win but it's more about the day-out than the game. It's a crap-shoot even with a great team, 120 games the best players might not even be on the plate.

• Subscriber
Just now, Spike said:

Of course, I prefer for the Cubs to win but it's more about the day-out than the game. It's a crap-shoot even with a great team, 120 games the best players might not even be on the plate.

Thats about the only mark against the game in my opinion, too many games. I get it, its all about revenue and money much like every sport. Playoff baseball though man, nothing like it. I dont have any horse in a race really ever but those are some entertaining ass series's. Last year with the cubs was unreal, that game 7 was something else, and again from a neutral! crazy, i was on the edge of my seat 

13 hours ago, Messiesta said:

Are the reports about Tuchel and him having rows with players and the management, with some players issuing an "Us or him" ultimatum, actually true?

There are only rows beteween Watzke and Tuchel. No reports about the players being unhappy. At least no conformed ones. 

Get that Mr.W out, he is the power hungry dwarf, profit crazed Ceo without any human relation skills. What a fuck up!

He would make very good slave pusher few hundreds years ago, what a face with that brilliant spark of superiority and intellect in it.

Edited by korab

• The title was changed to BVB Close to Yarmolenko Deal