talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Borussia Dortmund Thread

Playing for Bayern is a dream for most young players - In Mario's case his loss of friends, family and familiarity with the whole Ruhr scene was a problem and he will thrive again back in Dortmund. His dad has always been a source of strength in his life and if the Uni can give him a little more free time we could be wishing he had stayed in the South!  I hope he really settles and gets back to his best form.

That link is super - Great to see so many young fans with BVB and the future of BVB in Japan looks fine.  My lot have the same response from the kid in China (we will see that again this week) and it beats all the posturing by the politicians and does so much good for the links between the youngsters in those countries - more power to your guy's elbows as we say!

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

That's amazing. I've been following his career since he played in the U14 or something and even added him as a friend on facebook many years ago :D

Haha nice! What about him attracted your attention? Will you put him in you Kicker manager squad?

Edited by True Bender

1 minute ago, True Bender said:

Haha nice! What about him attracted your attention? Will you put him in you Kicker manager squad?

I watched the U14 or U15 tournament with some friends, and we kind of picked him out as our favourite player back then. He already showed a lot of promise. And no, I won't waste kicker manager money on him :P 

38 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

That's amazing. I've been following his career since he played in the U14 or something and even added him as a friend on facebook many years ago :D

I didn't realise you were a practising Catholic priest. :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

Schmelzer injured, Weigl & Guerrreiro injured + undergone surgery.

It could take Guerreiro until Janurary 2018 before he's back at 100% - at least until November.

We lack back ups for the fullback position and maybe even for the defensive midfield.

Daley Blind, who can play DM, FB and CB, has only one year left on his contract and earns "only" € 4mio.

But we won't buy any more players. We will drop 15 points against crappy BL teams, because of injuries and exhaustion and Bayern will the champion by February. :68_sleeping:

Edited by True Bender

38 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Well, judging the friendlies, Bosz is going to play a 3-6-1 anyway. So who needs fullbacks anyway? 

I'm not sure it's a great a idea to always play the same formation, regardless of whether our opponent is goignt o hard counter our formation, which is why I regard him as a step down from Tuchel.

I guess we'll have to pray that we'll just edge it in every game and somehow get those 3 points somehow once the BL have figured out how to counter our system. Until around February that is, when we usually play a well enough version of our system.

34 minutes ago, Spike said:

Was Schmelzer ever really that great or was he a Klopp product?

He was a reliable defensively, but always really poor offensively.

Exception was our home game against Juve, oddly one of the worst performances since 2008.

Edited by True Bender

• The title was changed to BVB Close to Yarmolenko Deal