• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Borussia Dortmund Thread

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Chelsea are banned from making transfers until after the January window closes, but they have appealed and if they can do business in January it appears they are willing to make an offer almost impossible to reject for Jaydon Sancho - with his contract due to run out, they might well succeed and with other money they have to spend it coul well spark a frenzy of offers and cause a chain reaction around the European footy world. After last night's UK game, Mourinho could try and raid Man Utd - particularly if Ole G S goes and that will add to the madhouse of transfer offers.  I really do hope you can hang on to JS - his future will be better for staying in the BL rather than having to face the critics in the PL who can be totally soul-destroying for young players.

2 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

Chelsea are banned from making transfers until after the January window closes, but they have appealed and if they can do business in January it appears they are willing to make an offer almost impossible to reject for Jaydon Sancho - with his contract due to run out, they might well succeed and with other money they have to spend it coul well spark a frenzy of offers and cause a chain reaction around the European footy world. After last night's UK game, Mourinho could try and raid Man Utd - particularly if Ole G S goes and that will add to the madhouse of transfer offers.  I really do hope you can hang on to JS - his future will be better for staying in the BL rather than having to face the critics in the PL who can be totally soul-destroying for young players.

Sancho has signed til 2022, his contract is far from due to run out.

4 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

In the  money for transfer world 3 years is normally the attempt by the home team to rack up the offers - in this case it might not be of any disincentive to Chelsea - anyway I still hope they fail!

I tend to believe both Zorc and Sancho himself, who both stated he won't leave in January. Of corse heard from English paper suggesting otherwise, but if they were right with all their rumors half the Buli players were under contract at Manchester United by now.

1 minute ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

I tend to believe both Zorc and Sancho himself, who both stated he won't leave in January. Of corse heard from English paper suggesting otherwise, but if they were right with all their rumors half the Buli players were under contract at Manchester United by now.

:P:congrats:

1 hour ago, BartraPique1932 said:

:(

Losing Witsel for the rest of the year is a blow, he and Delaney combine very well in central midfield. They are the best two players in that position for Dortmund in my opinion.

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

Rest of the year makes it sound like a long time. It's only a few weeks and a few games. 

However I'd love to know what the serious injury was by falling at home?! 

According to the print media his face got smashed up so bad he was put in the emergency room.

He fell down his staircase landing on his face.

Could be a lot worse.  This time of year with the break coming up if it is a facial injury he should be able to keep his fitness level up and with the annual break he could be back in action ready for the restart.  Good player and would obviously be missed if it can't be sorted in time. His attitude on the pitch makes him seem like a nice guy so here's to a speedy recovery.:hh:

After last night's performance the RB will not be easy, but very possible!  Only problem is Julien Brandt - other than his goal he was awful and his ball control and inaccurate passing caused too many problems. If he can get his gam together he will again be dangerous, but lately he seems way off his best.  Jaydon and Marco seem to be on fire together and last night was great to watch them.  Interesting to see the young kid on at the end - perhaps with a little more playing time he might solve a problem for you!

5 hours ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Winning against Leipzig without Delaney and Witsel is an almost impossible task. I can't even imagine it happening unless RB receive a early red card. Given how referees are ignoring fouls against us, this is not going to happen.

As I have mentioned before, I think the absence of Delaney and Witsel rigth now is a huge blow for the team. Weigl is an excellent passer of the ball and a decent tackler, but he doesn't offer the energy, work rate, pace and influence that Delaney and Witsel offer. As for Julian Brandt, contrary to what you thought, I didn't think he was godlike performance wise against Slavia Prague. He scored a lovely goal, but his overall performance was not great. But that's not really his fault, because the lad is being played out of position. He is a super left winger, but central midfield is not his ideal position.

Like you, I think Dortmund will have a very difficult task against RB Leipzig. Leipzig are well organised and they counter attack superbly. Their forwards are also usually very clinical. Werner, Poulsen, Schick and even Cunha are all forwards who have some class about them. The Leipzig game will be huge for both clubs, but I tip Leipzig ever so slightly in that game, even if the match is in Dortmund.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived