talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Borussia Dortmund Thread

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, shut up said:

Who will likely replace Tuchel?

Rumors say Lucien Favre, which would be a huge step backwards.

Tuchel is really flexible and knows how to defeat every system from what I've seen. If we get Favre on the other hand we'll probably play some defensive cheese every match until everyone has figured out how to counter is.

Here's my prediction for a BVB + Favre combination:

1st Season we play some counter attack football cheese and annoy everyone We'll finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd depending on RBL and Bayern.

During the 2nd Season someone figures out how to counter our cheese and they beat us. Every team copies that and we finish top5.

3rd season we make the worst start ever, Faver gets burn out and leaves.

Edited by True Bender

Signing players while they don't even have a coach. Isn't that was Tuchel was pissed about? Seems like scouting/management sign players without involving the coach at all. 

2 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Signing players while they don't even have a coach. Isn't that was Tuchel was pissed about? Seems like scouting/management sign players without involving the coach at all. 

I think he's meant to play BVB II first. After his first season we can decide whether he should be promoted to the first team, continue to play for BVB II or gets sold. Moreover he's for free so I won't complain.

https://aktie.bvb.de/content/download/2137/34585/4/file_1/BVB-Q3_16-17_RZ-s.pdf

Right now we have about €250mio we could spend on the transfermarket without making any debt and without taking money from any other investments. On top of that we will receive money for the Bundesliga and cl, for winning the DFB Pokal and from our sponsors in Q4.

Imo we should spend some of that on a world class full back, a very athletic defensive midfielder and a world class striker should Auba really leave.

Clearly Mr.W does not care much about BVB as a sporting enterprise but he cares a lot about business side of it and he does not a bad job out of it. It looks to me that his business idea is to buy young, cheap guys and bring them up to certain level and then sell them for good profit, good for shareholders but not for the fans. Maybe there is some hidden agenda behind it and suddenly after building up the coffers to certain levels he will decide to go for trophies, who knows. For now there are no any signs of it.  

Edited by korab

• Administrator
2 hours ago, nudge said:

Class player with a lot of potential, but 20m?... Fuck sake.

Real Madrid paid 43m for a 16 year old, I suspect Germany is slowly falling into line with England and La Liga for spending 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Batard said:

Real Madrid paid 43m for a 16 year old, I suspect Germany is slowly falling into line with England and La Liga for spending 

Yeah, I expect it to get even worse in the future... 

• The title was changed to BVB Close to Yarmolenko Deal