talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern Munich (1) 1-1 (2) Villarreal - Tuesday 12th April, 2022

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Only notable absentee confirmed is Süle. That means we have to start Upa and hope he can rebound...Im gonna start clenching my butt.

Only real possible swap is Sane in, but not super likely. I dont see a likelihood of Musiala starting now that Goretzka is mostly fit and fairly rested on the weekend. If it came to it probably Sabitzer would start ahead of him as well with his pretty strong performance and coaches praise against Augsburg. This is my most likely starting 11 as well.

lineup.png

• Subscriber

Nags is allegedly going to start Musiala. The question is where? if its on the wing for Gnabry I could maybe see it maybe in place of Müller who hasnt been great lately but I still wouldnt make that move and theres no way he should be starting in the middle. Ill see how this madness plays out. 

Update: sounds as if Sane is starting in place of Gnabry. 

And the lineup is out, very offensive lineup and a back 3. Bold stratedgy cotton we'll see if it pays off.

• The title was changed to Bayern Munich (1) 1-0 (1) Villarreal - Tuesday 12th April, 2022
  • The title was changed to Bayern Munich (1) 1-1 (2) Villarreal - Tuesday 12th April, 2022
48 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Fire nagelsmann.  Overrated never win anything coach

they regressed from last year. 

If Dortmund weren't such fuck-ups, they would win the league this year too. 

It's true about Upamecano, I am sure he has a lot of potential given the positive physical traits he has. However, he looks very shaky and indecisive on many occasions. His positioning isn't great and he doesn't instil confidence at the back for Bayern. He is definitely the weak link in this Bayern team when he plays.

• Subscriber

I've got many thoughts I'll post tomorrow. We peaked before the winter break first and foremost and have been way too inconsistent and didn't deserve to go through.

Secondly it will bring me satisfaction to see Liverpool cave in this shit house side though, the time wasting from the first minute on and negative football from Spanish sides will do my head in. 

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Cicero said:

Very strange from Bayern. What's the explanation of this drastic decline? @Viva la FCB

Just several months ago this Bayern side was the most well functioned team since peak Barcelona.

Ive got a few thoughts. Firstly we dont have the personnel to employ a back 3. We where clearly better with our favoured 4 2 3 1 and it naturally fits our squad much better. The back 3 did work earlier in the season at times but I think the lynch pin of that was Alfonoso Davies. He went out with Covid and then subsequently myocarditis and all of a sudden were stuck playing Gnabry/Sane/Coman as 2 wing backs in a back 3.. to their credit specifically Sane and Coman did their jobs tracking back but just isnt the same. As a function of not having the personal Lewy and Müller have been basically invisible for the last idk 10 matches? theres literal 0 service other then lobbing in hopeful crosses, nothing is played through the middle anymore and we look void of any creativity. This match might come as a shock to some but we just played Augsburg on the weekend and literally created 0 chances from open play over 90 mins. Got away with a lucky handball in the box to steal a win but this isnt an isolated incident and even look back to the Salzburg tie it was much of the same in the first leg.

Injuries played their part as well, maybe argueably Hernandez but other then that Süle has easily been our best CB this season he missed the keys matches and Upa is fragile and prone to mistakes. Goretzka has been out for 4 months nearly? but most importantly as I mentioned earlier Davies was the one injury we could not make do with at least while forcing a formation that makes no sense. 

The summer will see some change and hopefully and seemingly getting some personal to make Nags favourite formation work. Basically until that happens this season was a write off due to his inflexibility and its been frustrating as hell for 3 months to watch and see this coming. 

If Villarreal manage to get through to the final, which in all honesty is very unlikely, but if they do they will be the first team to reach a Champions League final in 18 years who were not one of the intended participants or invitationals to the European Super League.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Danny said:

If Villarreal manage to get through to the final, which in all honesty is very unlikely, but if they do they will be the first team to reach a Champions League final in 18 years who were not one of the intended participants or invitationals to the European Super League.

Apart from that time in 2020 when PSG played Bayern...? 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Apart from that time in 2020 when PSG played Bayern...? 

PSG were one of the intended teams to join no? I know there were specific teams that set it up, but beyond that they wanted other clubs to join too, they wanted to invite Bayern, Dortmund and PSG no? As they were the other dominant teams in the competition's KO stages.

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

PSG were one of the intended teams to join no? I know there were specific teams that set it up, but beyond that they wanted other clubs to join too, they wanted to invite Bayern, Dortmund and PSG no? As they were the other dominant teams in the competition's KO stages.

I thought Bayern and PSG were pretty much out and rejected it from the outset. I could be wrong! 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived