talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kalvin Phillips Completes Move to Man City

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Ah, fudge.

If that is the fee, £42m + £3m in bonuses, I'd be extremely unhappy with the board for accepting that offer.

Leeds journalists have come out quick to say it's worth £50 - £55m but that smells like bullshit to appease the fans.

I knew he was probably gonna go, and fair play to him, hooe he does well, but we are talking about our talisman here. That price is rubbish if correct.

He probably would have gone for more had you not found yourself in a relegation battle last season. Which is pretty shit for you tbh, because he spent a lot of the time injured.

I think if you discount how good Leeds looked in the first season back up playing Bielsaball a bit... it looks like quite a big fee for a player on a side that spent the last season battling relegation & came up recently.

I think until Leeds can regularly get European football (and I think that's a long term goal rather than something that can be achieved in a season or two), selling valuable players to try to improve the squad as a whole is probably going to be the only way to grow without becoming a full on oil club. I think it's doable as long as you don't sell too many players in too short of a time - otherwise you risk getting more shit really quickly.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Danny said:

Phillips is a £60m player minimum 

I'm not so sure tbh. I think Leeds are within their rights to put a high price tag on him, but I think this rumoured fee is an indication that Leeds and City are also not too sure about that statement either.

I think 45m rising to 60m depending on appearances, trophies etc would be fair when you consider the injury's he's had. I thought he was fantastic for England and for Leeds in his first season.

In all honesty I think its the right time for Leeds to move him on. I dont know if he wasnt 100%, or his head was turned, but at Selhurst Park a couple of months back he looked absolutely poor.

3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

You’ll be forgetting the backhanders you’re undeniably getting for ffp. One of the most important players at the club with several years left on his contract for less than double of Dan James’ fee? Yeah, I’m not buying it 😂

Funny isn't it, they seem to pick up so many players for the 40 to 50 million mark.

How can that be the case when they are so bloody rich, United go for Phillips its 80 million, so why aren't City getting the same treatment when they are known to have a bottomless pit.

Bent as hell if you ask me.

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Funny isn't it, they seem to pick up so many players for the 40 to 50 million mark.

How can that be the case when they are so bloody rich, United go for Phillips its 80 million, so why aren't City getting the same treatment when they are known to have a bottomless pit.

Bent as hell if you ask me.

Best business men & legal team in the game :hh:

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Think it annoys you that the courts cant prove any wrong doing mate 😂

The courts also allowed OJ Simpons to walk a free man.

You got away with it on a technicality. The only thing it's done has made you more careful with you how operate now.

19 minutes ago, Devil said:

The courts also allowed OJ Simpons to walk a free man.

You got away with it on a technicality. The only thing it's done has made you more careful with you how operate now.

O.J simpons got 33 years in jail, UEFA have had 2 stabs at us (no pun intended) and got nothing even after hacking our computers and planting evidence :ph34r:

9 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

meanwhile United still trying to sign frenkie who doesnt want to go.

Barca want Bernardo Silva so maybe we can do a swap plus cash for Silva ..id rather we kept him but the doors open to any player that wants to leave

27 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Barca want Bernardo Silva so maybe we can do a swap plus cash for Silva ..id rather we kept him but the doors open to any player that wants to leave

man United may get nobody, there fans are talking about Donnie being a revival lol.   they may struggle to make top 10

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Why would United struggle to make the top 10 ffs 🤣. Worst season in years and they were still COMFORTABLY a top ten side. I genuinely think fans of other clubs are more hysterical than us about the club.

Top 6 comfortably next year. The rest of the league is so average 

28 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Why would United struggle to make the top 10 ffs 🤣. Worst season in years and they were still COMFORTABLY a top ten side. I genuinely think fans of other clubs are more hysterical than us about the club.

Got a feeling the new manager effect will have you flying for awhile, top 6 at least next season

31 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’m not by all means saying we’ll be contenders. We won’t. However, for now I think we’ll challenge for Top 4 which is a start. 

I honestly think challenging for Top 4 could be a touch optimistic considering you've lost players (granted some were shit) and not replaced, plus you've got a new coach in what is a bit of a circus.

Not going over the top though, comfortable 5th-7th, just think that the likes of City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal after the latters summer spending could break away pretty early on.

33 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’m not by all means saying we’ll be contenders. We won’t. However, for now I think we’ll challenge for Top 4 which is a start. 

I think your only hope of a top four challenge is if Chelsea don't get their shit together in the transfer market. I'd expect Spurs to be more consistent this season having Conte from the very start.

• The title was changed to Kalvin Phillips Completes Move to Man City

Archived