talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kalvin Phillips Completes Move to Man City

21 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I honestly think challenging for Top 4 could be a touch optimistic considering you've lost players (granted some were shit) and not replaced, plus you've got a new coach in what is a bit of a circus.

Not going over the top though, comfortable 5th-7th, just think that the likes of City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal after the latters summer spending could break away pretty early on.

20 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think your only hope of a top four challenge is if Chelsea don't get their shit together in the transfer market. I'd expect Spurs to be more consistent this season having Conte from the very start.

This has been our worst season in decades. I genuinely think we’d have been better under Solksjaer. Give me De Jong, Eriksen, Antony and a defender and I’ll be happy. Arsenal aren’t great still, Tottenham are hit and miss. Chelsea could flounder, Liverpool could have a bad season. City will win the league at a canter this year.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

This has been our worst season in decades. I genuinely think we’d have been better under Solksjaer. Give me De Jong, Eriksen, Antony and a defender and I’ll be happy. Arsenal aren’t great still, Tottenham are hit and miss. Chelsea could flounder, Liverpool could have a bad season. City will win the league at a canter this year.

How much blame do you put at Ragnick's door out of interest? United fans I speak to seem to be in one of two camps, those that thought Ralf was doing the best job he could do under the circumstances (and should have been kept on) and there's the other camp that thought he was a car crash. 

Outside looking in I've absolutely no idea what to make of him.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I think your only hope of a top four challenge is if Chelsea don't get their shit together in the transfer market. I'd expect Spurs to be more consistent this season having Conte from the very start.

They start with Conte but end with Tim Sherwood after Conte quits 15 minutes before the 12th game of the season.

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

I'd be genuinely shocked if they got dragged into a fight for fourth place tbh. Personally don't see anything other than City and Liverpool being the clear top two.

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

This has been our worst season in decades. I genuinely think we’d have been better under Solksjaer. 

I think if you didn’t sign Ronaldo he’d still be your manager.

17 minutes ago, Danny said:

I think if you didn’t sign Ronaldo he’d still be your manager.

There’s a decent train of thought that follows that mood. Also if Greenwood wasn’t a filthy fucking rapist as well. 

@WhiskeyRagnick was hampered by the squad, but would have been a disaster either way. There’s a reason he’s never managed a top club. 

56 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

There’s a decent train of thought that follows that mood. Also if Greenwood wasn’t a filthy fucking rapist as well. 

Ronaldo just contradicted what OGS wanted tactically from your team. And then highlights every problem your team had. I don’t think you would have been in the title race mind, or anywhere near it, as I do think the league positions OGS secured were overrated in terms of where he was taking the squad. But you were making consistent improvements underneath him and I don’t see why you could have improved by a couple more points to stay at the top of the top 4 battle.

The less said about Greenwood the better, but you did seem to have good options with him, Sancho, Rashford etc.

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

20220627_214339.jpg

Still sickens me you paid more for Nathan fucking Ake than Phillips.

Honestly, we are crap negotiators. Always have been, always will be.

Can't wait to see us flog Raphinha to Arsenal next. This bloody club...

Just now, Lucas said:

Once again, take that fee with a pinch of salt. 

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Sell Raphinha to us instead.

Plz.

12 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Once again, take that fee with a pinch of salt. 

I know you said about the backhanders but I don't believe it when we're concerned. We are notoriously crap negotiators and all us Leeds fans knew this would happen. Same will happen with Raphinha, you watch.

Just to emphasise how awesome we are, we gave City £5m quid for an 18 year old thats never played a senior minute of Football. £5m quid?! Love it.

Honestly, if we were an Ice Cream Van, we'd do 2 for 1 on Whippy's down the beach on a scorching hot day than look to bang up the price by 50p and make a killing.

19 minutes ago, Lucas said:

You probably got £40million under the table too ..allegedly :ph34r:  ..if Sterling is going we could use a player like Raphinha if your selling :35_thinking: 

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You probably got £40million under the table too ..allegedly :ph34r:  ..if Sterling is going we could use a player like Raphinha if your selling :35_thinking: 

Not sure I could handle seeing our two best players come on against us as your 4th and 5th subs.

Just now, Lucas said:

Not sure I could handle seeing our two best players come on against us as your 4th and 5th subs.

I feel you, had that with Wright-Phillips when Chelsea stole him to warm there bench. i hope you re-invest the money into the team, maybe you are getting some of our youth players on loan, people at City saying Cole Palmer has potential to be better than Foden, Pep rates him highly 

53 minutes ago, Lucas said:

No probs mate.

£65-70m and we can shake on it now.

Honestly if Phillips is going for £50m, I think £65 for Raphina's a pretty fair deal if you account for how attackers generally have a fairly inflated value. How much is left on his contract? 3 years?

12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Honestly if Phillips is going for £50m, I think £65 for Raphina's a pretty fair deal if you account for how attackers generally have a fairly inflated value. How much is left on his contract? 3 years?

2 years. So there isnt a lot of wiggle room.

Mind you, you dont really need him do you? 

13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sterling is available for 50million, is Raphina any better? :35_thinking:

10 hours ago, Lucas said:

2 years. So there isnt a lot of wiggle room.

Mind you, you dont really need him do you? 

I'm fairly certain that Salah's on his way out at the end of the season and I think that will be a really difficult player for us to replace. Because even in his "poor run of form" in the second half of the season where he looked absolutely gassed and wasn't scoring anywhere near close to what he was doing in the first half of the season he still had good matches and had important contributions. When you've got a player that's able to deliver the goods when they look well out of form... that's a player that'll be hard to replace.

Raphina would ease the blow. But of course, I hope he changes his mind and signs an extension sometime before the season ends. And I'll have to hope we get someone great in because it looks like he's on his way to Chelsea.

• The title was changed to Kalvin Phillips Completes Move to Man City

Archived