talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kalvin Phillips Completes Move to Man City

Manchester United are looking to prise Kalvin Phillips away from bitter rivals Leeds.

The Red Devils have reportedly made him a priority as they look at ETH as their next permanent manager.

GettyImages-1389159208.jpg?strip=all&w=9

According to the papers, Phillips could make a controversial switch from Leeds to Manchester.

Their report states a defensive midfielder is a priority for the Red Devils this summer after opting not to bring one in the 2021 transfer window.

Since helping Leeds gain promotion 2020, Phillips’ stock has risen significantly.

He is a key member in Gareth Southgate’s England squad having received 19 caps and started every match in the Three Lions’ run to the Euro 2020 final.

Whilst Man United would love to add him to their squad, they do face a challenge to secure his signature.

According to a paper, Newcastle are also interested in signing the talented Englishman.

• The title was changed to Manchester United ‘working on deal’ to sign Kalvin Phillips
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, VaxVN said:

Manchester United are looking to prise Kalvin Phillips away from bitter rivals Leeds.

The Red Devils have reportedly made him a priority as they look at ETH as their next permanent manager.

GettyImages-1389159208.jpg?strip=all&w=9

According to the papers, Phillips could make a controversial switch from Leeds to Manchester.

Their report states a defensive midfielder is a priority for the Red Devils this summer after opting not to bring one in the 2021 transfer window.

Since helping Leeds gain promotion 2020, Phillips’ stock has risen significantly.

He is a key member in Gareth Southgate’s England squad having received 19 caps and started every match in the Three Lions’ run to the Euro 2020 final.

Whilst Man United would love to add him to their squad, they do face a challenge to secure his signature.

According to a paper, Newcastle are also interested in signing the talented Englishman.

If Newcastle are in for him it's goodnight united. He'll be off to the bar codes without a doubt 💷 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Leeds would never. 

They've done business with United and are owned by Yanks that I don't think particularly give a fuck about historic rivalries... and even if they did Leeds-Man Utd is a much bigger rivalry than Leeds-Chelsea. If the price is right, I'm sure they'd be willing to do business with you too.

4 hours ago, Waylander said:

Him and McTominay in the same side that will be tasty should it come off.

What the fuck about a player who should be playing for Wolves at best and a bargain bin Gareth Barry playing together in uniteds midfield is 'Tasty', bar the fact that it would be funny as fuck. 

14 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

What the fuck about a player who should be playing for Wolves at best and a bargain bin Gareth Barry playing together in uniteds midfield is 'Tasty', bar the fact that it would be funny as fuck. 

Philips is a good player tbh. One of those where you can tell under the right manager he can elevate his game immensely. 

• 1 month later...

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has targeted England ace Kalvin Phillips as a possible replacement for Fernandinho. And the Leeds star would be much more open to moving to the Etihad over joining their rivals Manchester United.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

You should be in for Raphinha

He'll go to somewhere bigger surely. Deserves European football with his talent. 

On 11/04/2022 at 19:28, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Easily the lowest pass to KMs ran ratio in the world. But the English are very impressed by cardio over technical ability.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

He would be a good fit for you lot tbh

Indeed. We've been crying out for a left footed right winger since Mahrez left. 

I rate Kalvin Phillips, thought he was better than Rice at the Euros and just hasn't had the fitness this season to move on. I think because of that someone will get a cut price bargain.

On Raphinha I'm not sure I buy into the hype, his goal contribution record is hardly worth the money Leeds will be demanding unless there's a release clause in there. He has really good technique when he hits the ball and I think that makes people forget about the consistency in which he does well in front of goal. I think there is a good player there and he's done well in what is a really shit team, but I don't think he was particularly amazing last season either. With that said it wouldn't surprise me if Liverpool move in and his stats sky rocket

1 minute ago, Danny said:

I rate Kalvin Phillips, thought he was better than Rice at the Euros and just hasn't had the fitness this season to move on. I think because of that someone will get a cut price bargain.

On Raphinha I'm not sure I buy into the hype, his goal contribution record is hardly worth the money Leeds will be demanding unless there's a release clause in there. He has really good technique when he hits the ball and I think that makes people forget about the consistency in which he does well in front of goal. I think there is a good player there and he's done well in what is a really shit team, but I don't think he was particularly amazing last season either. With that said it wouldn't surprise me if Liverpool move in and his stats sky rocket

I agree, i think both are overhyped and only at the right price do they make sense.   

it's like baseball you don't buy names, you buy wins, the wins lie in metrics and neither is particularly game changing on there own.   They are good not great.   

we bought Bruno for 34m there is no way Phillips is worth 30m on his output.  This injury stuff is a) damages value as oft injured is not useful and b) it is a poor excuse.

I think he and Raphina could benefit at better teams though.  

• The title was changed to Kalvin Phillips Completes Move to Man City

Archived