talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (6) 3-3 (4) Benfica - Wednesday 13th April, 2022 (2nd Leg)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably a few changes for us here after Sunday. Konate probably comes in. Probably a couple of changes in midfield and a couple in the front three. I don't think he will change either full back from the start. The hope will probably be to have completely killed the tie by half time before resting them I think.

We have a fantastic chance to get to the final after last night. Hopefully we kill this one off before the second half like Mike said. I can’t be on with another nerve wracking game after Sunday. 

Done alright. Probably could have had one or two more. Understandably slowed it down a bit once they got one back. Firmino should do better with the ball to Diaz. Just don't do anything stupid first 15 minutes of the second half and we should get through without any scares.

• Administrator

What a terrible goal to concede xD

Keeper messes up, clearance is bad, Jota shanks his shot and no one tracks Firmino. 

Nonetheless, Liverpool lead! 

Been quite easy for Liverpool. Haven't really had to get out of 2nd gear so to speak. 

Think it's weird we're putting Salah on - he's been in desperate need of a real rest since AFCON imo, think we could have sat him out for the full 90.

But I guess a part of it is Jota and Henderson are being rested a bit before the FA cup semi against Citeh

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Think it's weird we're putting Salah on - he's been in desperate need of a real rest since AFCON imo, think we could have sat him out for the full 90.

But I guess a part of it is Jota and Henderson are being rested a bit before the FA cup semi against Citeh

Jota is also 1 yellow card away from being suspended for the first leg of the semi final. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Jota is also 1 yellow card away from being suspended for the first leg of the semi final. 

Yeah, I think it's understandable why Jota's been pulled now that it looks like we've guaranteed our spot against Villareal.

That collision their striker had with the ad boards looked pretty painful :o

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I agree to a point but this isn't going to be very intense for the final half an hour. Could argue Salah probably needs a goal more than anything. Hopefully a fairly light workout for him and a goal will kickstart him again.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Am I right in thinking the yellow cards reset after tonight? 

Thought that happened at the end of the first phase of knockouts into the quarter-finals but I could be wrong.

• The title was changed to Liverpool (6) 3-3 (4) Benfica - Wednesday 13th April, 2022 (2nd Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived