talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool (6) 3-3 (4) Benfica - Wednesday 13th April, 2022 (2nd Leg)

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Machado said:

He's actually a great finisher so it's not the best comparison. Not the greatest on the ball but he's quick, unpredictable and has extra passion for the game to make up for his flaws like first touch and ball control. He can dribble but seems clumsy.

The best about Darwin is that every time he's out there on the pitch, no matter the opponent, he seems to want to win it more than all of his teammates combined. He burst down in tears at full time today.

His coverage stats from last night highlight this. Wasn't on the pitch for long and covered more ground than some folks who were on for a longer period.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

His coverage stats from last night highlight this. Wasn't on the pitch for long and covered more ground than some folks who were on for a longer period.

He played most the game, did he not? 

Anyways, he’s hardly a Werner. He actually finished all three chances he had last night. 

Good tracking abilities and he finds spaces.

Not the greatest on the ball but he's quick, unpredictable and has extra passion for the game to make up for his flaws like first touch and ball control. He can dribble but seems clumsy.

Finishes his chances but more than not always find himself offsides. 

Kind of sounds like Timo Werner 😂

• Subscriber

I think the price-tag on Darwin is a bit too high as I said before. Drop it to around 20 - 30 and I think you could get a good deal out of it. He's young and can come good with the right system. I mean there's a reason a lot of clubs are looking at him despite his obvious flaws mentioned in here. 

P.S. Werner's tracking is nowhere to the level that it should be for a team that wants to win competitions. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Excuse me for having PTSD and being very wary of strikers who thrive in space defences leave behind whilst having a sub par/average technical ability skill set. 

The Werner effect. 

I assume when most Portuguese teams face off against Benfica they don't leave behind quite so much space as we did tbh. They're one of the biggest clubs in Portugal, I bet they face low blocks more often than not.

13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I assume when most Portuguese teams face off against Benfica they don't leave behind quite so much space as we did tbh. They're one of the biggest clubs in Portugal, I bet they face low blocks more often than not.

Usually the case but this season we are so shit at controlling a game that they end up being more to end than they 'should' be. It is hard to explain how we got in the quarter finals here.

20 hours ago, Cicero said:

Good tracking abilities and he finds spaces.

Not the greatest on the ball but he's quick, unpredictable and has extra passion for the game to make up for his flaws like first touch and ball control. He can dribble but seems clumsy.

Finishes his chances but more than not always find himself offsides. 

Kind of sounds like Timo Werner 😂

Werner can't dribble. 
Werner can't finish his chances. 

I agree with Rick, doesn't seem like much of a Werner. 

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Werner can't dribble. 
Werner can't finish his chances. 

I agree with Rick, doesn't seem like much of a Werner. 

Werner is actually a decent dribbler, just very clumsy. Werner had 20 goals last season ruled out for offsides or something mad like that. 

It's actually uncanny the similarities I see in Nunez. He even drifts left as a striker. We've been linked with him according to Ornstein so I've done my due diligence watching him play and much like Werner I feel his poor technical ability will let him down in the Prem. 

10 hours ago, Machado said:

Usually the case but this season we are so shit at controlling a game that they end up being more to end than they 'should' be. It is hard to explain how we got in the quarter finals here.

Sometimes sides that have more chaos than control end up being pretty decent cup sides because they know how to fight back and get goals and win despite not having as much control. I certainly think being "comfortable in chaos" sums up Benfica in that last match against us. For a while we were looking in control... but you fought back, scored 3 goals (and 3, I think, goals ruled out for offside).

Keeping this core group of players together with that kind of mentality with maybe a manager who can instill the confidence to control matches might mean you end up very good very soon. Because the sides that can fight back even when they don't have control, but can more often than not control a match... those sides are usually the best sides.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived