talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Erik ten Hag Becomes Manchester United Manager

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Erik ten Hag Becomes Manchester United Manager

I’ll be honest I don’t really know much about this geezer. I do remember his Ajax sides semi final run to the Champions League and how they absolutely smashed up Real Madrid, the football they played in that game was mesmerising.

But outside of that…what has he done at Ajax other than win the league to be considered for this? That in itself isn’t enough to be considered a top level manager these days.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Bet the bellends who'll be on the pitch against Arsenal will now suddenly have 'something to fight for'.

Aye, my thoughts too, they will suddenly come out from under the carpet and play blinders to impress the new incoming boss. 

Happy with the appointment, he's the one I wanted.  We can't expect overnight success though,  it will take awhile to weed out the rot and bring in new players.  Add in at least a year to gel and it will likely be another couple of years before United win anything.  Hopefully the fanbase will give Ten Hag time to right the ship.

41 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

FFS, the Umbrella man, I can imagine him beside ETH with his umbrella poking people in the eye O.o

_methode_times_prodmigration_web_bin_3a1e2652-dca8-35d6-ae84-28ea454d6692.jpg

I’d take McLaren any day if that’s what Ten Hag wants. Especially over jobs for the boys or people learning on the job. He brings a fuck load of experience to the position. 

Archived