talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Erik ten Hag Becomes Manchester United Manager

People slag off McClaren but he has done more than the usual fat messes that get bandied about for jobs. His work at Middlesbrough after leaving Utd was very good and winning a title with Twente is impressive. If Ten Hag wants him, then you go with the manager’s choice. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
50 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’d take McLaren any day if that’s what Ten Hag wants. Especially over jobs for the boys or people learning on the job. He brings a fuck load of experience to the position. 

Aye, so would I, it was just a wee joke by me and his brolly, at least McLaren worked beside SAF and I hope it was true that Ten Hag stood his ground against the Glazers what he wanted and got it, they needed knocking down a peg or two and I am glad bloody Woodward is not around now.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2022/04/20/harry-maguire-valued-at-e40million-with-premier-league-club-interested/ 

In the words of John Lennon,  "imagine".    This is just Man United fan fiction desperate for another team to come and pick the carcus.    Harry McGuire would only be the 4th best defender in our current squad.   Far behind Burns and Schar and probably behind captain calamity Lascelles,  who is likely to be sold.   

We can buy Botman, Inacio Goncales, Diego Carlos, Bremmer for 40m  all a lot better than Harry McGuire.   

Harry McGuire is going to be at United until his contract makes him ditchable. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

People slag off McClaren but he has done more than the usual fat messes that get bandied about for jobs. His work at Middlesbrough after leaving Utd was very good and winning a title with Twente is impressive. If Ten Hag wants him, then you go with the manager’s choice. 

Guess it has been long enough since he left Boro to now be remembered for the good and none of the bad that happened there. But he's not dead so the bad should still count no? The question is really whether it counts for an assistant, the good and the bad as manager, since he's not going to be in charge. In that sense he might be alright and his experience useful. What we know from his time coming back from Holland is that he tried to change his style of play and coaching but it never really came out successful. His Boro side descended into dull poor football and he tried to bring back from Holland a fix for his next clubs to stop what happened at Boro. You could see what he was trying to do but the execution wasn't there for the English game.

As a manager Boro fans couldn't wait to see the back of him. Remember that fan who ran into the dugout and threw his season ticket at him? As is often the case it takes 6 months before the neutral cottons on to someone having completely lost it, unfortunately for all of us McClaren got the England gig before that really kicked in. He has had 4 failed managerial jobs in England since Boro. 

16 hours ago, Cicero said:

Does United have any good youth CBs in their ranks? Reckon ten Hag may use him to partner Varane. 

Or he taps into the market because there is no way he utilises Maguire. 

Based on Football Manager (I know) all there promising players seem to be further up the pitch. 

The most promising CB that could emerge in to a first team player is Willy Kambwala but he's only 17 years old.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Cicero said:

Does United have any good youth CBs in their ranks? Reckon ten Hag may use him to partner Varane. 

Rhys Bennett - 19 years old

Centre-back who made his Under-18s debut in the season opener against Blackburn Rovers in September 2020.

The local lad has come through the ranks at United and looks sure to learn plenty under lead coach Neil Ryan and the rest of the staff.

https://www.manutd.com/en/players-and-staff/detail/rhys-bennett

I admire Ten Hag for taking this up as it's a shite fest of a mess.

IMHO...who needs to go. I can't see Ronaldo wanting to put in the graft so he's out. Maguire has been pants so he needs the boot. Phil Jones is excess baggage. Get rid of Fred. Either keep Lingard and Rashford or let them go. Pogba is an obvious one. Bruno......hit or miss. Greenwood, Cavani can both go. I'd suggest Sancho has he's done nowt since coming back but that's probably a money loss

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/manchester-united-players-losing-confidence-in-ralf-rangnick-and-some-fear-erik-ten-hag-wont-be-strong-enough-to-lift-club-wscf5b92c

United players already getting ready to fuck Ten Hag over, it seems. This squad's full of too many shit attitudes and these leaks are appalling.

Long may it continue.

• Subscriber
On 21/04/2022 at 13:17, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Bet the bellends who'll be on the pitch against Arsenal will now suddenly have 'something to fight for'.

I know I'm late to this and have the benefit of knowing the result so I can't look stupid but I'm still going to say "haha have you met this United team?" xD

• Subscriber

He needs to make big demands in the market to be a success. A lot of those players are simply not up to it.

Feel like it's a vicious cycle though and they'll appoint whoever won't make those demands, like Mourinho did.

Interesting appointment though.

Archived