talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rafa Benitez Frustrated At Newcastle

Back to wanting Ashley dead and the club liquidated by the looks of it. We are operating as if it is 2002 prices wise. Not arsed about paying 20-30 million for players but it took us 4 weeks to sign LeJeuene because we weren't prepared to pay a RELEASE CLAUSE up front. Absolute fucking cunts. The B&M of football clubs.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised at people in here having a pop at Rafa. Stayed with them in the championship, got the straight back up and will be expected to keep the safely up. The owners are now playing funny buggers and trying to penny pinch in an every inflating market....it just doesn't fucking work like that anymore. Give the man a budget, let him decide what he needs and they go out and make the deals happen. I'm sure Rafa isn't being unrealistic with his targets, it'll all be down to these cheap gets trying for a bargain.

We need someone better than daft penfold negotiating transfers. Ashley insists he is not involved in the running of the club, but that ignores that he appointed daft penfold and is his boss, meaning daft penfold does what he thinks Ashley wants. It's pretty incredible that a billionaire would promote the bloke in the back office responsible for reordering printer cartridges to the role of chief executive. You'd think he would go out and get someone experienced to run the club.

penfold-Lee-Charnley-Newcastle-United.jp

Maybe the anger and pressure building from the fans will force daft penfold to act.

1 hour ago, FOYM said:

Surprised at people in here having a pop at Rafa. Stayed with them in the championship, got the straight back up and will be expected to keep the safely up. The owners are now playing funny buggers and trying to penny pinch in an every inflating market....it just doesn't fucking work like that anymore. Give the man a budget, let him decide what he needs and they go out and make the deals happen. I'm sure Rafa isn't being unrealistic with his targets, it'll all be down to these cheap gets trying for a bargain.

You obviously don't remember some of them when he was at Liverpool then

This is typical from Benítez...  Putting pressure on those that are in charge of signings and the financial side of the club.  I'm surprised this makes headlines to be honest.  He's done it throughout his career as a coach.  All I can say is that if he doesn't get what he wants, he'll go AWOL.  He's that way inclined and he has a very nasty side to his character which is why I really don't like him at all.

He's a very good coach if he's "modicodelled", 

39 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This is typical from Benítez...  Putting pressure on those that are in charge of signings and the financial side of the club.  I'm surprised this makes headlines to be honest.  He's done it throughout his career as a coach.  All I can say is that if he doesn't get what he wants, he'll go AWOL.  He's that way inclined and he has a very nasty side to his character which is why I really don't like him at all.

He's a very good coach if he's "modicodelled", 

You describe him perfectly. 

Top coach that takes absolutely no shit!

More from Rafa today as he pulls out the big guns

“We are working very hard and trying to get as close as possible to some signings.

“When I had the meeting with Mike Ashley (in May) I was confident that after that meeting we have the money available and the wages.

“Everything is in place to move forward.

Hopefully, Mike Ashley can keep his word and we can do what we want to do.

11 minutes ago, FOYM said:

I was meaning specifically this situation 

Oh I know yeah but my point was that Benitez has never had a fair crack of the whip with fans of other clubs so it's no surprise that they've jumped on him here

On 14/7/2017 at 8:52 AM, LFCMadLad said:

You describe him perfectly. 

Top coach that takes absolutely no shit!

You live in the past way too much my friend.

25 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Benitez the first manager to leave this season?

I must admit, I found his price to be sacked surprising, as Newcastle fans love him and Mike Ashley has the patience of what many husbands expect of their wifes, but it does seem to make sense now. Not a sacking but for him to leave. My question is, where will he go? No top club is going to want him and especially not at this stage of pre-season.

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Oh I know yeah but my point was that Benitez has never had a fair crack of the whip with fans of other clubs so it's no surprise that they've jumped on him here

Ah fair enough, it's all a bit pathetic really. How anybody can look at their transfer dealings so far and say it's acceptable is beyond me but hey ho.

Just now, HoneyNUFC said:

We need at least 2 more players I think and then he'd stay.

Holding mid and number 10. Vital we get quality there, we can't go into the season with Colback and Diame.

You all know that I don't rate Rafa at all, but if there is one good thing I have to say about him its that his transfer judgement is great and he has the profile to attract good players. He doesn't know how to use them usually, but if he's given the resources to bring in players, he'll bring in some that are excellent for a club like Newcastle. 2 might be all you need.

9 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

You all know that I don't rate Rafa at all, but if there is one good thing I have to say about him its that his transfer judgement is great and he has the profile to attract good players. He doesn't know how to use them usually, but if he's given the resources to bring in players, he'll bring in some that are excellent for a club like Newcastle. 2 might be all you need.

How can you not rate him and then go on to say how good he is in the market? On top of that he's won wherever he has been, sometimes performing miracles. 

So he is great in the transfer market and wins trophies wherever he goes... but you don't rate him at all?

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

How can you not rate him and then go on to say how good he is in the market? On top of that he's won wherever he has been, sometimes performing miracles. 

So he is great in the transfer market and wins trophies wherever he goes... but you don't rate him at all?

xD

Everyone has their good and bads. I tried giving him credit and you're here just knocking me off. He's not a top coach. Not even close, I don't think he's awful but top managers don't go from Real Madrid to Newcastle in the course of a year. There was a good reason for it. Perhaps begin following football outside the Prem and you'll see what I mean. 

I don't care if he's won wherever he's been, his only good club since Liverpool has been Chelsea where he wasn't wanted anyways.

This is my opinion, and this conversation ends here. 

2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

xD

Everyone has their good and bads. I tried giving him credit and you're here just knocking me off. He's not a top coach. Not even close, I don't think he's awful but top managers don't go from Real Madrid to Newcastle in the course of a year. There was a good reason for it. Perhaps begin following football outside the Prem and you'll see what I mean. 

I don't care if he's won wherever he's been, his only good club since Liverpool has been Chelsea where he wasn't wanted anyways.

This is my opinion, and this conversation ends here. 

Ok, so you don't care that he's won trophies wherever he's been because you think he's shit. 

Okey dokey 👍🏻

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Ok, so you don't care that he's won trophies wherever he's been because you think he's shit. 

Okey dokey 👍🏻

I'd just like to apologize for my reaction reading your post as well as mine, but this is my opinion. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Okey dokey 👍🏻

listen, he said the conversation ends there okay? Stop it. 

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

listen, he said the conversation ends there okay? Stop it. 

Ok, so just to be clear... you can voice your opinion on here and then say 'the conversation ends here' ... and then a reply is not allowed? 

Righteyo 👍🏻

Archived