talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Romelu Lukaku Returns to Inter Milan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remarkable they'd pay that much after the season he's had. I honestly don't believe they'd do that, especially as they really need to invest in their midfield if they want to win the CL. They're loaded in attack and Lukaku would just make them worse, I think.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Remarkable they'd pay that much

These mega rich clubs have no limit... throwing money around and taking our best players for silly amounts of money.. we are the victims here and will no doubt have to suffer at losing our 5 goal a season striker to another wealthy club.. 

We should take the money then run as fast as we can back home... 

36 minutes ago, Rick said:

Snatch their hands off 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Remarkable they'd pay that much after the season he's had. I honestly don't believe they'd do that, especially as they really need to invest in their midfield if they want to win the CL. They're loaded in attack and Lukaku would just make them worse, I think.

Think you lot may be reading it wrong. £98m just the valuation he was purchased by us. Not what PSG are offering. 

If we can take even a 60% loss I say its a win. Tragic footballer who truly believes he is on par with Benzema and Lewandowski. Thankfully PSG are worse than us in buying players effectively.  No doubt scoring against Ligue 1 defenders will boast Lukaku's ego even more. 

• Subscriber

Sell. It's just clearly a bad fit. It's irrecoverable.

He's clearly got a skillset but he's not suited to that side. They're better with a more false 9 type.

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He should go back to Italy, he was brilliant in Italy - clearly the league is a better fit for him than the prem.

He should try working back under Conte, Conte got the best out of him but I don't think he would take over from Kane or Son Heung-Min.

Stop teasing. 

Romelu Lukaku is ready to give serious thought to a Paris Saint-Germain transfer.

His representatives have begun exploring options for the summer and PSG have been open about the prospect of a move.

- @DeanJonesSoccer pic.twitter.com/jbvSngf7fh

— Simon Phillips (@siphillipssport) April 15, 2022

• 1 month later...

More reports suggesting he is off. 

Alfredo Pedulla is reporting that the Lukaku to Inter loan move is very much in the making, along with interest from Bayern.

A loan move touted, exact figures need to be confirmed. Reported €15-20m loan fee for a season and then obligation to buy for €50-60m. With Inter willing to cover €7m per year on his wage, its supposedly a wage cut of 40-50% from his current deal.

Bayern have been in contact or are at least interested and may discuss with his agent in due course.

Romelu Lukaku changes agents as talk of Inter Milan return intensifies

I don't particularly hate any player but Lukaku is doing a damn good job to become the first. 

🚨 Romelu Lukaku has sent public and private messages to Inter Milan since Christmas, calling directors, the coach, the President and former teammates.

He is doing everything possible to secure a return to the club.

(Source: @DiMarzio)

— Transfer News Live (@DeadlineDayLive) June 6, 2022

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

I don't particularly hate any player but Lukaku is doing a damn good job to become the first. 

🚨 Romelu Lukaku has sent public and private messages to Inter Milan since Christmas, calling directors, the coach, the President and former teammates.

He is doing everything possible to secure a return to the club.

(Source: @DiMarzio)

— Transfer News Live (@DeadlineDayLive) June 6, 2022

But if you want him to leave, why are you upset he's seemingly done all he can to get out of Chelsea ASAP?

I think it was always a strange signing, tbh. It's not quite like Salah or KDB... where they never took off at Chelsea, but did really well in other leagues before coming back to England and making Chelsea look stupid. He's played in England before after leaving Chelsea the first time and really only the time he looked better than average was when he was at Everton. At United he just looked completely unsuited to be a main striker here - the best I ever saw him play for United was when Solksjaer played him on the right flank against us (and he put in some brilliant crosses), and I figured "he's got to be on his way out of United soon if he's playing out wide against us."

Then he looked brilliant at Inter and Chelsea all of a sudden wanted him back... and Lukaku was probably up for that because he 1.) claims to be a Chelsea fan, 2.) probably gets his "loyalty bonus" from Inter, 3.) probably gets a bit of a signing bonus for joining Chelsea again.

But it really was Chelsea signing a player that looked miles off from being a top striker in this league for several years who refound his form brilliantly in a different league. He should have stayed there (other people... like me... said this) because I don't think what he showed at Inter really demonstrated that he had become well rounded enough to be a main striker for a top team in England. And imo he just doesn't fit a Tuchel side the way he fits a Conte side.

14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

But if you want him to leave, why are you upset he's seemingly done all he can to get out of Chelsea ASAP?

I think it was always a strange signing, tbh. It's not quite like Salah or KDB... where they never took off at Chelsea, but did really well in other leagues before coming back to England and making Chelsea look stupid. He's played in England before after leaving Chelsea the first time and really only the time he looked better than average was when he was at Everton. At United he just looked completely unsuited to be a main striker here - the best I ever saw him play for United was when Solksjaer played him on the right flank against us (and he put in some brilliant crosses), and I figured "he's got to be on his way out of United soon if he's playing out wide against us."

Then he looked brilliant at Inter and Chelsea all of a sudden wanted him back... and Lukaku was probably up for that because he 1.) claims to be a Chelsea fan, 2.) probably gets his "loyalty bonus" from Inter, 3.) probably gets a bit of a signing bonus for joining Chelsea again.

But it really was Chelsea signing a player that looked miles off from being a top striker in this league for several years who refound his form brilliantly in a different league. He should have stayed there (other people... like me... said this) because I don't think what he showed at Inter really demonstrated that he had become well rounded enough to be a main striker for a top team in England. And imo he just doesn't fit a Tuchel side the way he fits a Conte side.

He's been a petulant man child who thinks he's better than what he actually is. He genuinely believes he's among the Benzema's and Lewandowski's of world football. When he isn't scoring we're literally getting nothing out of him being on the pitch. He not only doesn't facilitate the performances of other players like Kai he restricts the fluidity and makes the set up static. The moment he is dropped he threw his toys out the pram, and instead of working to better himself to get back into the starting XI he's phoning up Inter like a child crying home.  A leopard never changes its spots. 

Boehly will win the fans immediately if he somehow manages to get rid of him. Wasted the club and the fans' time but in all reality this signing is a testament of everything wrong in the Roman era. No vision or long term planning. 

Benzema’s and Lewandowski’s. That is a double whammy for my brain, pluralising a singular entity but using the grammar for dictating ownership. It is like Cicero knew exactly the perfect bait to whip me into a pointless frenzy

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

He's been a petulant man child who thinks he's better than what he actually is. He genuinely believes he's among the Benzema's and Lewandowski's of world football. When he isn't scoring we're literally getting nothing out of him being on the pitch. He not only doesn't facilitate the performances of other players like Kai he restricts the fluidity and makes the set up static. The moment he is dropped he threw his toys out the pram, and instead of working to better himself to get back into the starting XI he's phoning up Inter like a child crying home.  A leopard never changes its spots. 

Boehly will win the fans immediately if he somehow manages to get rid of him. Wasted the club and the fans' time but in all reality this signing is a testament of everything wrong in the Roman era. No vision or long term planning. 

Shouldn’t all of this been pretty evident to Chelsea based off his time at United? What’s there to be surprised about?

Lukaku can be great in a system built around him, but that might have been to the detriment of Chelsea’s overall play. So he shouldn’t have been valued so high, really.

It was a statement signing without having any long term plan to actually make a statement. Honestly it’s a lot like the Pogba transfer.

You should be happy he wants out ASAP rather than have him be a question mark over your attack for years and reduce his value to the club.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Shouldn’t all of this been pretty evident to Chelsea based off his time at United? 

I mean it should've but not to the majority of people who believed after his time at Inter he was a completely different player. 

I personally didn't believe he improved as a player when he looked good in a league where a 38 year old Fabio Quagliarella won the golden boot. Not to mention he offers zero to nothing when he isn't scoring, hence why I had mix feelings about it given Tuchel was pushing for it. Allegedly, it turns out it was our head scout Scott McLachlan was the one who actually requested on bringing Lukaku back in favor of prioritising Tchouameni, and suggested Saul would be a good fill-in in the meantime and apparently made the suggestion he would adapt well to the Premier League. 

There have been a few names over the years Chelsea fans blamed regarding our awful transfer record since 2017. Emenalo and Marina the two scapegoats but you just need to look at the main constant, which is our head scout in poorly identifying players. 

Chelsea and Inter will now hold direct talks this week. Inter can't afford to buy Lukaku outright. But the Belgian is prepared to take a significant wage cut to help any deal happen. Told he has no interest in moving to Bayern. Inter is the only club on his mind.

— Ben Jacobs (@JacobsBen) June 8, 2022

The other player being lined, as a possible trade option, is Alessandro Bastoni. Spurs and Manchester United are both interested. Bastoni has denied any offers have been tabled yet. He has two years left at Inter, who want at least £50 million.

— Ben Jacobs (@JacobsBen) June 8, 2022

Maybe Chelsea should just loan him out for 20m a season for 3-4 years and just let him go? I've never fancied him as a player and all this talk behind the scenes has just put the nail on the coffin.

Chelsea were always good on the eye and they've just just gone off the boil. I like Chelsea as a team but I don't like the manager personally. If he figures out a way to turn it around, it's great. I do like to see him sulking on the bench though.

14 hours ago, patoriku66 said:

Maybe Chelsea should just loan him out for 20m a season for 3-4 years and just let him go? I've never fancied him as a player and all this talk behind the scenes has just put the nail on the coffin.

Chelsea were always good on the eye and they've just just gone off the boil. I like Chelsea as a team but I don't like the manager personally. If he figures out a way to turn it around, it's great. I do like to see him sulking on the bench though.

Inter want 10m loan fee with option to buy. We aren't going to entertain that. 

Latest from Ben Jacobs.

Talks continuing between Chelsea and Inter. A traditional loan is now looking less likely than a swap deal. Both options have been explored. Chelsea want a defender. Skriniar, Bastoni and Dumfries discussed.

Inter sources familiar with the talks say they don't want to lose Bastoni, whose agent has also said he's "definitely staying". No doubt Bastoni is happy at Inter but agent quote should still be taken with a pinch of salt at this stage.

Skriniar is being chased by PSG and Inter are open to letting him go. There is an acceptance they can't get Lukaku without either paying a significantly higher loan fee or trading someone.

Chelsea have maintained from the very start, Lukaku will only be allowed to leave if the deal makes financial sense. He won't be loaned/sold out of sentiment. Chelsea and Inter are confident, however, of agreeing a deal in coming week. But talks not simple.

- Ben Jacobs

On 06/06/2022 at 23:18, Dr. Gonzo said:

For me Lukaku was a Roman signing after failing to get either Haaland or Kane.

That meant Tuchel had to play a possession system and for Lukaku into that system.

Lukaku is a counter attacking forward so was always likely to be a dud at Chelsea, a decent board would surely have questioned the choice. Obviously an autocratic decision. 

43 minutes ago, Waylander said:

For me Lukaku was a Roman signing after failing to get either Haaland or Kane.

That meant Tuchel had to play a possession system and for Lukaku into that system.

Lukaku is a counter attacking forward so was always likely to be a dud at Chelsea, a decent board would surely have questioned the choice. Obviously an autocratic decision. 

I'm 99% certain that only happened once with Shevchenko. Everything else was conjecture.

• The title was changed to Romelu Lukaku Returns to Inter Milan

Archived