The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 33 Fixtures - 16-20th April, 2022

football forum

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Another case of snatching at chances rather than having a bit of composure that costs us a chance of a goal... 

Booooo stick to your own thread :D

• Subscriber

We deserved that point despite our best efforts to fuck up every chance we had to equalise. Both sides will feel they should have won with the opportunities to score more than one. I certainly look at that as a missed opportunity to get all three points but Leicester are well within their rights to say they should have got themselves out of sight too.

Every point is precious though and the manner of us getting that equaliser could be big psychologically for both ourselves and Burnley.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Would be livid if we let this one slip. Our record throwing away points from winning positions is terrible. Because of nights like this where opposition feel there's the chance to come back into it and then eventually do so. Then the momentum is with the home side. Happened at the weekend vs Newcastle. 

FOR. FUCK. SAKE.

Our frailty shows once again. 

29 points lost from winning positions. 29!!!

• Subscriber

A few comments on individuals. Largely I think they're still leaving everything on the table.

Having Mina back in the side is massive, even if just to get the Keane calamity per game off the pitch along with the probably Holgate calamity every couple of games.

Mykolenko has started to settle really nicely. Massive boost to have a reliable left back instead of playing right-footed Kenny or Godfrey on that side.

Midfield is a real problem for us. We need someone in there who can actually run. Doucoure should fulfil this but he's been dropped and rightly so because he's been poor since Lampard took over. Delph and Allan are reliable at what they do and Delph has moved the ball well since returning to the side, which we've been missing. However, you can't sustain pressure on a team like Leicester who have a midfield full of running, if you have two 30+ blokes in your midfield who look like they're running in treacle.

Iwobi was one of our best players again tonight and the stand out since Lampard got him into the team. After pissing around with the formation a bit, he's settled on this 433 largely because Iwobi has made himself undroppable and it's been to our benefit. End product was lacking here but his running in the middle of the park is currently setting the tone for those around him.

Front three were pretty poor. Some nice running from Gordon, Gray and Richarlison but really poor around the opposition box. Richarlison should have buried at least one of the chances he had before he actually scuffed one in and Gray and Gordon's final ball was just rubbish all night. They looked a threat but flattered to deceive really.

I don't seem to have the backing of Everton Twitter here but I was annoyed with Alli when he came on. He was letting players running off him when he should have had the freshest legs but I'll forgive him for tonight as he had an important hand in the equaliser, delivering a final ball that we lacked from the rest of the side all night.

Rondon had a good impact when he came on. A last resort but this is what we need if our wingers aren't delivering, someone to win and hold the ball up front. I'm sick of our managers thinking that Richarlison is a substitute for Calvert-Lewin as a centre forward, he simply isn't, and it also means we miss him on the left-hand side.

Still seeing enough from us that I think we dig ourselves out. Sunday is a write-off. I'd genuinely rest anyone who needs it and just make sure we don't pick up any suspensions. After that we have 5 games, all of which we can get something out of despite Chelsea and Leicester looking like bad fixtures on paper. My only worry really is Burnley having four home games left against Southampton, Wolves, Villa and Newcastle who don't have much to play for in the run-in. Burnley are shite enough not to pick up that many points in those games anyway but I hope they aren't able to generate too much momentum. It should also be said that Burnley picking up big points from their remaining games would bring Leeds back into the conversation too and they don't have lovely fixtures themselves.

I had zero faith in Leicester hanging on, even in the 85th minute. As resiliant as using a chipstick to bolt a door.

Plus side, its another game down for Everton and only a point gained. Would have taken that before kick off. Keeps them honest.

Gutted Rondon didn't dropkick Schmeichel after our goal, lad still has a massive chip on his shoulder trying to get out of his Dad's shadow.

Tonight was a must win, and a must not lose. A point could be precious, but we should have taken the full three. 

Rodgers won't stay into next season.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Gutted Rondon didn't dropkick Schmeichel after our goal, lad still has a massive chip on his shoulder trying to get out of his Dad's shadow.

Tonight was a must win, and a must not lose. A point could be precious, but we should have taken the full three. 

Rodgers won't stay into next season.

Weird dislike for Schmeichel. Twice you've mentioned him in a matter of days. 

Ironic considering how touchy Everton fans get when Pickford is mentioned.

Schmeichel has never wanted to be in his dad's shadow. Any interviews, podcasts, conversations where his dad is mentioned he always says he's wanted to make a name for himself based on his own achievements, not his dad's. 

Not sure why he offends you so much xD

• Subscriber

It baffles me that he continues to talk about 'control' given we so clearly have none of it. The number of points thrown away, especially late on is just embarrassing at this point.

I don't think there's a side in the league who brings more ecstasy to opposition fans. At least with Watford and Norwich you expect the win. We just implode.

9 hours ago, Stan said:

Weird dislike for Schmeichel. Twice you've mentioned him in a matter of days. 

Ironic considering how touchy Everton fans get when Pickford is mentioned.

Schmeichel has never wanted to be in his dad's shadow. Any interviews, podcasts, conversations where his dad is mentioned he always says he's wanted to make a name for himself based on his own achievements, not his dad's. 

Not sure why he offends you so much xD

That's just factually incorrect as I hardly come on here these days due to other interests. Schmeichel is disliked by a massive (probably most) proportion of football fans, but of course being a Leicester follower you wouldn't understand. Similar to how Chelsea fans would have been baffled as to anyone could hate Diego Costa, Liverpool fans with Gerrard etc.

Not sure who these touchy Pickford fans are either, if you could point me in the right direction for that I'd be really grateful.

I also never said that he wanted to be in his Dad's shadow, so I think you've misunderstood my post really, he's never wanted to be in his Dad's shadow but is, and at his age now won't ever get out of it (hence his unlikable persona).

7 hours ago, Dan said:

It baffles me that he continues to talk about 'control' given we so clearly have none of it. The number of points thrown away, especially late on is just embarrassing at this point.

I don't think there's a side in the league who brings more ecstasy to opposition fans. At least with Watford and Norwich you expect the win. We just implode.

We were there for the taking too, we only started having a proper go in the 85th minute onwards and nicked a point.

Kept saying to my old man Leicester shouldn't be leaving this open, then boom, Richarlison scores in the last minute.

There's no killer instinct with Leicester IMO, all a bit too nice.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

That's just factually incorrect as I hardly come on here these days due to other interests. Schmeichel is disliked by a massive (probably most) proportion of football fans, but of course being a Leicester follower you wouldn't understand. Similar to how Chelsea fans would have been baffled as to anyone could hate Diego Costa, Liverpool fans with Gerrard etc.

Not sure who these touchy Pickford fans are either, if you could point me in the right direction for that I'd be really grateful.

I also never said that he wanted to be in his Dad's shadow, so I think you've misunderstood my post really, he's never wanted to be in his Dad's shadow but is, and at his age now won't ever get out of it (hence his unlikable persona).

I thought you made a comment about him following the Newcastle game:

On 17/04/2022 at 23:03, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Kasper really is a whinging twat

On 17/04/2022 at 23:13, Whiskey said:

Always has been a bit of a dick.

Of course I understand why he's disliked. I just took umbrage to how you think he's in his dad's shadow. Him being in his dad's shadow is nothing he can control - so why the hate towards him for it? He literally cannot change being the son of a famous goalkeeper. But he continues to play how he wants to and makes a name for himself.

Don't think Chelsea fans are baffled as to how anyone hates Costa - one of those where 'he's a cunt, but he's our cunt' kind of thing. 

I think you've misunderstood my post as some kind of sheer defence for Schmeichel. I know exactly why he gets on people's nerves. I just found it odd you've gone for him at this time because I have no idea what he's done that's madly out of the ordinary. I don't even know what he did yesterday to make you mention him xD 

As for the touchy Pickford fans - mainly you/Rando but that was more an emotional jibe cos I just remember a few times where any other keeper in the league may make a mistake, and it's one of those where the 'if Pickford made that error he'd be slaughtered' kind of comments are made...

4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Schmeichel is a bit of a whiney cunt. 

He can be. No better or worse than other keepers in the league in my opinion. They generally can be very whiney players... 

All as bad as each other sometimes. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived