The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2021/22 Semi-Final - Man City 2-3 Liverpool - Saturday 16th April, 2022

football forum

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Cicero said:

IIRC it was Steffens at fault for our goal against City in last season’s semi final. 

Very average GK. 

Yep. Came rushing out into no man's land. 

He gave away the penalty against us in the Community Shield too. 

• Subscriber

How Fernandinho's foul didn't get looked at by VAR given some of the "clear and obvious" red cards we've seen this season I'm not sure. I suppose that's The Fernandinho Rule in action. If it should be a yellow it's a warning. If it should be a red it's a yellow. 🤷‍♂️ Not saying it was a massively egregious red card but.... consistency, you know?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Don’t think City having stronger depth can be used as an argument anymore. Liverpool look to have better options which is a result of proper scouting and coaching. 

Was just saying to my mate, City's depth isn't actually that good anymore when it comes to the question of facing elite opposition.

I know this is dumb, but looking at Guardiola's team selection, it's almost as if he wants to lose so he has more of an excuse to complain a bit more and draw more attention to the kicking they took from Atletico midweek. xD

2-3 now though heading into stoppage time...

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Don’t think City having stronger depth can be used as an argument anymore. Liverpool look to have better options which is a result of proper scouting and coaching. 

Don’t say it out loud or they’ll spend billions trying to fix that

• Subscriber

There was a lot left to be desired in that second half. We turned off, let that simple pass get pass Van Dijk and gave them hope. Even the second goal should really be a lot more pressure on Mahrez before the pass.

All said and done we've moved ahead. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You make a good point Stan :35_thinking:can we complain to the FA with the deciding goal being a foul on Steffen?

Why think so small. Give Čeferin a call on the phone and win the CL before you get to the end. 

• The title was changed to FA Cup 2021/22 Semi-Final - Man City 2-3 Liverpool - Saturday 16th April, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived