talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2021/22 Semi-Final - Chelsea 0-2 Crystal Palace - Sunday 17th April, 2022

football forum

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chelsea blowing a bit hot and cold lately.

They'll need to be at their best in this one, I think.

Still, my head says Chelsea but my heart says Palace.

Really looking forward to this match. I can relax and enjoy the the game without all the stress of yesterday.

Well we need two things to happen...

- We need to play like we did against Arsenal.

- Chelsea need to play like they did against Brentford.

It's a big ask but it's a big day in the evolution of this young side who hopefully still have many good days ahead of them. So hopefully everyone has fun and the day isn't marred by shit refereeing.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I assumed your irrational, illogical desire to see me miserable overrides any potential happiness that the greedy six get some form of comeuppance.

Haha, I still want to see you miserable don't worry about that :D

But that can come in the final against Liverpool. Be nice for you to have some joy for now supporting Palace after so long :ph34r:.

Obviously this doesn’t define the entire game but this is why you don’t want to become a feeder team for a bigger club to loan their players. Gallagher should be playing in this but he can’t, Palace can’t be looking to loan players as important as Gallagher next season, need to focus on permenants only. Can see why they done it this season with the transition from Hodgson to Vieira and the mini exodus but yeah, they need their star players playing big games.

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Not sure why Palace sat back in the second half but that clearly played into our hands.. 

Always a habit of them not pressing Jorginho. They did it brilliantly the first half then just allowed him to find pockets of spaces like they did under Woy in the second. Poor from them in that regard as they were doing very well. Such a likable side this Palace team. 

Shaky start but quality in our own seeing us through. Hoping 3rd times the charm as it would be gutting to lose this three on the bounce. 

Reece James. Absolute gem. Pocketed Vinicius Jr.  and Zaha in the same week. 

I thought we were in trouble with Kovacic going off yet still scored two decent goals.

Palace also had chances though today were not clinical.

Nice to see Reuben Loftus-Cheek score and Mounts take and finish was neat. 

Lukaku continues to underwhelm in his cameos, will it change before the season ends?

• The title was changed to FA Cup 2021/22 Semi-Final - Chelsea 0-2 Crystal Palace - Sunday 17th April, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived