talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Birdwatching/Birding/Wildlife Spotting

football forum

Yes its a bit lucky be able to see nature everyday, I've met quite a few people who said that they liked hearing voices of birds when they visited our house. They came from big urban cities and its a rarity in those places. People take that for granted

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/04/2022 at 21:16, Tommy said:

Btw I meant migrate as in "moving to a new country" kind of, like immigrants. xD Not as they are leaving for the winter. I know they aren't migratory birds. I'm not that dumb. Took me a bit to realise what you mean. 😅

There are wild hens/cocks down here in Benalmádena and they live in a park.

But what's interesting is that they are actively breeding and building nests. There were loads of chickens running around last time I was here and huge nests In the bushes.

I just remembered about them yesterday when I went to the park.

You also see domesticated style rabbits, but wild.

• Subscriber

@Stan had put a tweet (video) of these ducks in another forum and this bit made me piss myself laughing and I had to put it in here, it's as if the duck is saying "I think I will do a little bit of sunbathing..."  🤣

download.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

I have a mongoose living in my garden! Spotted it once a few months ago, but wasn't sure it was actually a mongoose, but now it has been doing daily walks around the garden for quite some time xD

Observed a pair of white-breasted waterhen catching insects and small fish on the banks of a lake/pond today. Quite interesting birds.

• 3 months later...
  • Subscriber

I was looking around for some guided birding tours and found this: 

So now I'm trying to get some information from the tour organisers about the prices and available dates etc., but it sounds really interesting. Basically, it's a 2day-1night tour where you visit some birding sites on the first day, spend the night in a safari-style tents in the wild, and then go to such a "vulture restaurant" just before dawn to observe them feeding on a carcass of a dead cattle. Up to 150 different bird species in the birding sites, various species of vultures including the 3 critically endangered species of vultures (Red-headed Vulture, White-rumped Vulture and Slender-billed Vulture) + dholes and golden jackals at the "vulture restaurant" area :o 

Archived