• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Derby Relegated to League One

football forum

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Danny said:

So many factors here, does Rooney stay? Do they resign any players? Do they keep their youngsters?

I imagine a lot of clubs will be circling for their youth players that have come through

I read on BBC that they'll only have five contracted players as it stands.

Hopefully not. 

Actually gained a lot of respect for Rooney this season, really think he's grown as a person and come out of this with a fuckton of credibility.

Impossible to say if they will bounceback whilst so many issues remain unresolved. Mel Morris has fucked them though. That's going to be a tough situation to turn around instantly I think.

They will enjoy being the big fish of the league mind, and I still expect them to get decent gates at home whilst the fans rally behind the team.

Love to see it though, not gonna lie. Amazing how Football can change so much in a couple years.

37 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Hopefully not. 

Actually gained a lot of respect for Rooney this season, really think he's grown as a person and come out of this with a fuckton of credibility.

Impossible to say if they will bounceback whilst so many issues remain unresolved. Mel Morris has fucked them though. That's going to be a tough situation to turn around instantly I think.

They will enjoy being the big fish of the league mind, and I still expect them to get decent gates at home whilst the fans rally behind the team.

Love to see it though, not gonna lie. Amazing how Football can change so much in a couple years.

Rooney has mentioned that he hopes Derby being relegated plays on Morris' mind.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61144117

20 hours ago, Lucas said:

Hate Derby but I can 100% agree with this statement.  Not sure that he'll stay with Derby now but he's definitely earned a shot at another more stable club.  He stands out amongst a recent class of players that have come through as managers and proven largely nothing (Lampard, Gerrard, etc.).

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Coma said:

Hate Derby but I can 100% agree with this statement.  Not sure that he'll stay with Derby now but he's definitely earned a shot at another more stable club.  He stands out amongst a recent class of players that have come through as managers and proven largely nothing (Lampard, Gerrard, etc.).

Don't know if you can put Gerrard in the same bucket as Lampard or Rooney. I do think out of the three, Gerrard did attain more success with Rangers. Stepping away may have been a bit odd but we all know why he came to England and his future plans for where he wants to eventually end up.

42 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Don't know if you can put Gerrard in the same bucket as Lampard or Rooney. I do think out of the three, Gerrard did attain more success with Rangers. Stepping away may have been a bit odd but we all know why he came to England and his future plans for where he wants to eventually end up.

Maybe so but I don't put a whole lot of stock in managing a club that wins the SPL.

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Coma said:

Maybe so but I don't put a whole lot of stock in managing a club that wins the SPL.

Fair point because it turned out to work for a bit at Villa and it hasn't gotten better but its still his first season and not even a full one at that so I am giving him benefit of the doubt till he gets a full season to see what he can do. 

Wayne Rooney calling out Mel Morris after was refreshing.

I think they'll be back in the next three seasons providing this takeover is happening. They have a very impressive conveyor belt of academy players and Wigan have provided a good blueprint for them to follow.

Archived