LMS League 2021-22 - Round 5 (Ligue 1)

football forum

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Results - Gameweek Four

Survivors (3)

A successful week all round sees all three survivors extend their run to four successful picks. PSG finally delivered salvation to the Last Man Standing gang at the fourth time of asking on Saturday, with their 4-0 win over Montpellier sending @CaaC (John) into the deciding Gameweek. Monaco's more dramatic 4-2 win at home to Brest in a game they initially trailed in by two goals means that he is joined by @Redcanuck and @Mel81x. As everyone was successful in picking a match winner, the tiebreaker picks from this Gameweek don't come into play.

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 10.34.35.png

Preview - The Final Gameweek

As this is the final set of fixtures in Ligue 1, this is the finale for Last Man Standing 2021-22 and we must therefore get a winner. I will need you to make the same three picks as last week, but this time the Anytime Goalscorer and Time of First Goal picks will come into play if needed to determine a winner, even if more than one person correctly picks a winning team. A reminder of the detail of those three picks:

• The usual Match Winning Team, ensuring this isn't a team you've picked before in this round.
  • An Anytime Goalscorer, this can come from any match, not necessarily from the team that you've picked.
  • The Time of First Goal in the randomly selected fixture, Clermont Foot vs Lyon.

Below is the table heading into the last weekend, along with the final set of fixtures. Good luck!

Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 10.39.29.png

Saturday 21 May

Angers vs Montpellier

Brest vs Bordeaux

Clermont Foot vs Lyon

Lens vs Monaco

Lille vs Rennes

Lorient vs Troyes

Marseille vs Strasbourg

Nantes vs Saint-Etienne

PSG vs Metz

Reims vs Nice

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

I checked my picks from early weeks and I actually picked Monaco twice.   I think that eliminates me.

If not

PSG

Mbappe 

17th minute

Oh yeah. You're out then. Sorry I didn't notice myself. xD

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

I checked my picks from early weeks and I actually picked Monaco twice.   I think that eliminates me.

If not

PSG

Mbappe 

17th minute

Nice to be honest buddy, I never noticed :congrats:

• Subscriber

Results - Round Five

We have a winner!

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 16.57.15.png

@Mel81x ends the season with victory in France as PSG deliver a thumping 5-0 win over Metz on the final day. @CaaC (John) misses out, having used PSG last week. He went with Nantes who faced already relegated Saint-Etienne at home, but they were pegged back by a second-half equaliser and ended up drawing 1-1, meaning that we didn't need to dip into the tie breaker picks to determine the winner.

The overall scores for this round are as follows:

8 points (5 correct picks + 3 bonus points) - @Mel81x

6 points (4 correct picks + 2 bonus points) - @CaaC (John)

4 points (3 correct picks + 1 bonus point) - @Redcanuck

2 points (2 correct picks) - @Bluewolf, @Michael, @Storts, @DeadLinesman, @Lucas, @Rucksackfranzose, @Whiskey, @Dan, @Tommy, @Aladdin, @...Dan, @Viva la FCB and @Rick.

1 point (1 correct pick) - @Stan and @6666

0 points - @RandoEFC, @Pyfish and @nudge

Thank you all for taking part in the Last Man Standing League this season! The final standings will be posted in the other thread soon. See you next year!

Archived