talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 0-0 Leeds - Monday 25th April, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00

Live on Sky Sports

821px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo.svg.png         VS      1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
30/11/2021 - Leeds 1-0 Crystal Palace
08/02/2021 - Leeds 2-0 Crystal Palace
07/11/2020 - Crystal Palace 4-1 Leeds

Recent Form
Crystal Palace - LLLWW
Leeds - WDWWL

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not been impressed with the lack of urgency and forward passes for the first 60 minutes in the last two Premier League games we've played. Whilst Leeds have improved significantly in terms of chances conceded since getting rid of Bielsa I'd still like to see us take the game to them. That late loss earlier this season still stings a little.

I fully expect the team to be like this.

‐-------------------- Meslier

Ayling -- Llorente -- Cooper -- Dallas

---------------Phillips -- Klich

---Raphinha -- Rodrigo -- Harrison

-------------------- James

Phillips should make his first start back after two sub appearances. Much needed.

Still not happy with not playing a striker up front. Gelhardt is good enough, he should start, but there we go.

Tricky game. Depends what Palace turn up really but Selhurst is never the easiest to go on a Monday night. Just hope we can come away with something, even if its a draw. Big pressure on us now.

• Administrator

The lack of replies in this thread tells you everything you need to know about this game xD

The only battles were physical and not much quality on show. 

I think 3-4 more points for Leeds from their remaining games will be enough. They do definitely miss a proper striker. Barely any outlet today. Neither keeper was tested properly though, perhaps Meslier with Zaha's two shots that he saved with his feet. 

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace vs Leeds - Monday 25th April, 2022

We didn't look ourselves tonight.

It was a game of little quality, niggly, but plenty of honest hard work. Can't say I'm happy with a point because I think it was a winnable game but we certainly didnt create enough. In truth, we struggled to string passes together tonight. Raphinha and Harrison were well shackled.

Plus side, we kept a clean sheet and toughed out a difficult last 20mins because Palace did up it when Michael Olise came on. He brought a whole new dimension to their attack.

Performance pretty poor, but we've added a point. Not sure at this stage whether we'll look back at tonight as a missed opportunity though.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

The lack of replies in this thread tells you everything you need to know about this game xD

The only battles were physical and not much quality on show. 

I think 3-4 more points for Leeds from their remaining games will be enough. They do definitely miss a proper striker. Barely any outlet today. Neither keeper was tested properly though, perhaps Meslier with Zaha's two shots that he saved with his feet.

• Subscriber

I watched five games this weekend and three of them ended fucking 0-0. One of the others was that awful Chelsea West Ham game as well. What a shit weekend for football.

A pretty annoying game. Leeds played with a good intensity but had a clear game plan to disrupt the flow and Darren England being one of the most incompetent humans to ever grace this planet allowed them to get away with it.

I thought we were going to win it when Olise came on as Eze came more out his shell but we never really looked like scoring. 

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 0-0 Leeds - Monday 25th April, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned
11 hours ago, Dan said:

I watched five games this weekend and three of them ended fucking 0-0. One of the others was that awful Chelsea West Ham game as well. What a shit weekend for football.

You're watching the wrong league 😛.

8 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

A pretty annoying game. Leeds played with a good intensity but had a clear game plan to disrupt the flow and Darren England being one of the most incompetent humans to ever grace this planet allowed them to get away with it.

I thought we were going to win it when Olise came on as Eze came more out his shell but we never really looked like scoring. 

Was that one of the very few times you have managed to field Olise, Eze and Zaha on the same pitch at once?

Olise is going to be a big player for you next season if he can stay healthy. Such quick feet. Eze needs more match sharpness.

If Bournemouth didn't get promoted, I reckon Dom Solanke would be a decent punt for your side, price permitting, or even Divock Origi.

On 26/04/2022 at 17:34, Lucas said:

Was that one of the very few times you have managed to field Olise, Eze and Zaha on the same pitch at once?

Olise is going to be a big player for you next season if he can stay healthy. Such quick feet. Eze needs more match sharpness.

If Bournemouth didn't get promoted, I reckon Dom Solanke would be a decent punt for your side, price permitting, or even Divock Origi.

They played together in the quarter final against Everton. It was a similar game as to Monday in the sense that we faced a team with a lot of energy for the first 20 minutes and we grew in the game after. Sadly you didn't fold like they did.

It's a different Leeds United team now and I'm not sure which one I prefer playing. It seems like before you were easier to cut through the middle whilst now it's about getting the ball out wide and isolating the full backs. I'm not sure why we started Ayew over Edouard (Olise wasn't 100% fit) for that reason as there was a couple of occasions where Ayew skipped past his man and just passed sideways for no reason over than being surprised at what he just did.

I think it will be about replacing Gallagher and Kouyate for us this summer as opposed to looking at another attacking player. Mateta is playing at his peak but covers a lot of ground, Benteke showed he can offer us another dimension with his physicality and build up, then there's Edouard who is possibly our best finisher but hasn't felt like a good fit yet.

Archived