image.png

- Bayern can win the league if they beat Dortmund

- Furth are relegated if they don't beat Leverkusen

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Union! 💪

Shame Freiburg couldn't hold on to their lead. They would have been level on points with Red Bullshit. 

Shock loss for RB Leipzig against Union Berlin after they beat them earlier in the week in their Pokal cup game. Freiburg are an incredible story though, they have been for years. But they have been doing particularly well this season. A club with a low budget, but who can take on and get the better of most clubs in the Bundesliga. Stindl's injury time equaliser for Gladbach cost Freiburg the victory today.

23 hours ago, Tommy said:

Union! 💪

Shame Freiburg couldn't hold on to their lead. They would have been level on points with Red Bullshit. 

I was about to turn off the Freiburg match when Stindl equalized. Bummer. 

22 hours ago, binder said:

Its official, BVB are the New Pretenders.  I thought they actually started well, but even though it is only 1-0 and less than 20 minutes played, Game Over.

New pretenders? 😆 They have underachieved for years. At what point recently did you think they were going to turn it around? 

• Subscriber

Was a pretty good match I thought overall. I wish I had a good replay of that Pavard tackle in the box on Bellingham, the only one I saw and it was only once looked like he made contact with Bellingham first, either way that moment was probably the tipping point. I am optimistic for Dortmund for next season though because clearly your weakest link is defence and you've got at least one and hopefully the second massive upgrades coming. 

38 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Was a pretty good match I thought overall. I wish I had a good replay of that Pavard tackle in the box on Bellingham, the only one I saw and it was only once looked like he made contact with Bellingham first, either way that moment was probably the tipping point. I am optimistic for Dortmund for next season though because clearly your weakest link is defence and you've got at least one and hopefully the second massive upgrades coming. 

We never really looked like scoring so I don't feel it was a close game.  Just glad it wasn't a blow-out.  Got bailed out by an iffy penalty (payback for Zwayer's call 😄).  I thought Hitz should've saved Lewy's shot.  Haaland was invisible. 

Interesting stat that Derek Rae mentioned.  Apparently we have the second-highest "goals from turnovers in your own half" in the league.  Worst?  Hertha.  Says it all really.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Coma said:

We never really looked like scoring so I don't feel it was a close game.  Just glad it wasn't a blow-out.  Got bailed out by an iffy penalty (payback for Zwayer's call 😄). I thought Hitz should've saved Lewy's shot.  Haaland was invisible. 

Interesting stat that Derek Rae mentioned.  Apparently we have the second-highest "goals from turnovers in your own half" in the league.  Worst?  Hertha.  Says it all really.

Really? I thought it looked like a fairly straight forward penalty so I didnt really give it a second look. The Lewy shot was definitely savable and yeah Haaland didnt really show up other then the few touches and half chances in the second half, Reus was definitely doing his best seemingly on his own. That being said you did have the one pretty good linkup between the two where Reus just took probably a second or two too long before Hernandez had that mammoth block.

That makes 100% sense; the Gnabry second goal that was offside like yeah Coman was fractionally offside sure but what a horrendous turnover I think it was Wolf on that play. Just keep thinking of the Süle Schlotterbeck pairing....it brings hope :hh:

59 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Really? I thought it looked like a fairly straight forward penalty so I didnt really give it a second look. The Lewy shot was definitely savable and yeah Haaland didnt really show up other then the few touches and half chances in the second half, Reus was definitely doing his best seemingly on his own. That being said you did have the one pretty good linkup between the two where Reus just took probably a second or two too long before Hernandez had that mammoth block.

That makes 100% sense; the Gnabry second goal that was offside like yeah Coman was fractionally offside sure but what a horrendous turnover I think it was Wolf on that play. Just keep thinking of the Süle Schlotterbeck pairing....it brings hope :hh:

Bellingham is developing a knack for diving, which I don't like.  Yes, there was contact but I wouldn't have been all that upset had it not been given.  

Even if we land Schlotterbeck... we need a 6 to protect them.  Sounds like we might be dropping 40+mil on Adeyemi 🙃.  The Haaland money will cover Schlotterbeck and Adeyemi.  Not sure where the money will come from for a 6.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Coma said:

Bellingham is developing a knack for diving, which I don't like.  Yes, there was contact but I wouldn't have been all that upset had it not been given.  

Even if we land Schlotterbeck... we need a 6 to protect them.  Sounds like we might be dropping 40+mil on Adeyemi 🙃.  The Haaland money will cover Schlotterbeck and Adeyemi.  Not sure where the money will come from for a 6.

The penalty was on Reus? Kimmich definitely came in from behind and went through him. The Bellingham one was the one that wasnt given and you're probably right on that. 

2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

The penalty was on Reus? Kimmich definitely came in from behind and went through him. The Bellingham one was the one that wasnt given and you're probably right on that. 

Yikes, you're right.  My bad.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Coma said:

Yikes, you're right.  My bad.

All good I was getting confused my own self. I just never saw a good angle and or more then 1 replay on the Bellingham one.

Apparently Daniel Siebert actually had some comments on the couple controversial moments

The first incident hes referring to was the Pavard tackle on Brandt at first glance I thought the same as the Ref was a good tackle just given the trajectory of the ball but on replay Pavard got 100% of Brandt's ankle and none of the ball - easily a yellow and arguably a red

“That was the biggest mistake in this game and about my evaluation of this play I am very angry,” said the referee Daniel Siebert. “I’m glad that Brandt was able to continue playing and apparently didn’t suffer any serious injury.

The Second was (again) Pavard with his tackle in the box on Bellingham

“Pavard did not play the ball, his leg was an obstacle in Bellingham’s path. Therefore it was a foul. The fact that Pavard touched the ball shortly afterwards is irrelevant. A penalty kick would have been the right decision. On the pitch, Pavard covered my view during the decisive contact. As a referee, I can’t give a penalty based on suspicion, but only if I clearly perceive a foul. Otherwise, if in doubt, I let the play continue.”

I mean this one begs the question what does VAR actually do then? Sure Siebert has his view blocked but VAR fucking doesnt.

The Pavard tackle on Bellingham was the one I confused with the penalty call.  I didn't think it was worthy of a penalty and I'm surprised to hear Siebert say that he got that wrong.  I was OK with it.  I don't remember the tackle on Brandt so I must not have been too upset about that one either 😆.

Personally, I don't think there were any glaring ref errors that would have impacted the match.  I think that granting another penalty would have made the score closer, but I think we can both agree that only 1 team looked like winning the game.  We were on the back foot for most of the match and Reus was the only player that had any offensive impact.

In general I think that the Bundesliga has the best referees and uses VAR most effectively and correctly.  Yes, there have been errors here and there, but not to the extent that England has.  I can't stand to watch the EPL... the level of ineptitude by the refs and VAR is shocking.  Spain is better... but still inconsistent.

• The topic was unpinned

I'm late to the party as I'm only watching it now, I like Dortmund but they're either full on or pants. You can't play like that for a full season and expect to get far. Bayern have been top for too long but no one will touch them afaik. The Bundesliga is rather boring as far as the league champions are concerned. The individual matches are usually a good watch.

Some could say the same about the Premiere League but there's more than two teams looking to take the league. That said though, it's really a 3 or 4 horse race at best. That said, the rest of the prem games are usually good value much like the bundesliga matches.

At the end of the day, I only care when Liverpool play but I watch every prem match, most of the championship matches and then the budesliga as I love football.

Archived