talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Inverted said:

Just popped into say that Uli Hoeness is a fat old rich bigoted cunt and convicted criminal who knows nothing about football.

It's a disgrace to a club of Bayern's stature to cling to such a figure. 

• Subscriber

I can't stand Hoeneß (or Bayern), but without him, the club would not be where they are today, and they owe a lot of their success to him, so no, it's not a disgrace "to a club of Bayern's stature to cling to such a figure".

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, nudge said:

I can't stand Hoeneß (or Bayern), but without him, the club would not be where they are today, and they owe a lot of their success to him, so no, it's not a disgrace "to a club of Bayern's stature to cling to such a figure".

Pretty much how I feel (except the Bayern part :o) since hes been out of prison theres been a well documented power struggle and it needs to change in order to progress but that doesnt erase what Uli has done for the club in the past. I didnt want to give him a reasonable response but you've summed up nicely :D

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, nudge said:

I agree, Hoeness is such a POS. but he is correct, Ozil has been crap for years.  Went downhill after his time at Werder^_^.  I kinda get both ends of this argument, but I also feel Ozil is bleeding this for as much as he can.  I am sure there are many people in Germany who dont like him and the immigrants and gastarbeiters etc, it is quite  fashionable in the world now to be hateful , but I get the feeling he is also using this for an excuse for his poor play and his own poor behavior.  Notwithstanding the whole thing with Erdogan, Ozil has been caught partying and shagging anything and everything that moves, smokes and drinks like me, I mean,  like an atheist, not a devout Muslim and barely calls his mother anymore, didnt he sue his father as well?  I suspect he does not train hard anymore? Unlike  Ronaldo, who is probably hitting the gym 10 hours a day-  I ;ike Ozil as a player, or did when he was younger, but even in 2014, I kind of thought he was too much of a luxury player and living off his skill, I am probably being too harsh on him, but you get the feeling he has just been going through the motions for years and probably wanted to leave the NT regardless. As for Hoeness, I think he shared a cell with White Power Willhelm.

• Upvote 1

On 24/07/2018 at 03:45, binder said:

I agree, Hoeness is such a POS. but he is correct, Ozil has been crap for years.  Went downhill after his time at Werder^_^.  I kinda get both ends of this argument, but I also feel Ozil is bleeding this for as much as he can.  I am sure there are many people in Germany who dont like him and the immigrants and gastarbeiters etc, it is quite  fashionable in the world now to be hateful , but I get the feeling he is also using this for an excuse for his poor play and his own poor behavior.  Notwithstanding the whole thing with Erdogan, Ozil has been caught partying and shagging anything and everything that moves, smokes and drinks like me, I mean,  like an atheist, not a devout Muslim and barely calls his mother anymore, didnt he sue his father as well?  I suspect he does not train hard anymore? Unlike  Ronaldo, who is probably hitting the gym 10 hours a day-  I ;ike Ozil as a player, or did when he was younger, but even in 2014, I kind of thought he was too much of a luxury player and living off his skill, I am probably being too harsh on him, but you get the feeling he has just been going through the motions for years and probably wanted to leave the NT regardless. As for Hoeness, I think he shared a cell with White Power Willhelm.

The problem with Ozil is that he doesn't take responsibility whether he is posing with tyrants or or whether he is playing badly.

• 3 weeks later...

Only in the BL could a Werder fan ask and an 04 fan reply to a problem with our arch-rivals!  The news is good.  The scan revealed no ligament damage and only severe bruising to the knee.  It will, however take a little time to clear and he will return to training as soon as the problem has been passed Ok by the medics.  We are left wondering what VAR would have done - not only to this problem but the treatment Robert L received from the Frankfurt thug with the captain's armband on!  Glad we weren't involved!  Hope the birthday headache has gone:hh:

Edited by SchalkeUK
spelling
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, kapisevicius said:

Hoennes is talking bullshit again. I don't see Bayern's future with him in charge. He looks like 80-year-old grandpa complaining about nowadays all the time. Bayern won't be competing with the rich clubs because they're sponsored by Arabs and their money... Oh that's why your only transfer during current transfer window is a 17-year-old kid from MLS and you don't have wingers which can guarantee the certain level and being healthy. Good luck Bayern, have fun playing mediocre teams in Bundesliga. How cares about rivalry in Europe...

To be fair Gnabry has come back from a loan as well as Renato Sanches and Goretzka on a free transfer. I dont disagree about not replacing Robbery thats been the crux of management basically for the last few years. As far as the rest of the transfer policy that came to light in his interview I really dont think is that bad, I think people overreact pretty easily. 

I dont really regard much of what Hoeness says these days and its a pity because of what he has done for this club over the years, BUT I really did enjoy his comment about Lewandowski though;

• Subscriber

Hoeneß alone doesn't decide the club's transfer and squad planning policies though. It's him, Rummenigge, Salihamidzic and Dreesen, not to mention the wishes of the head coach. 

Bayern are planning big transfers for the next summer apparently; this year it's getting rid of the "dead wood" in the squad, generating money and then rejuvenating the squad.

Edited by nudge

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, kapisevicius said:

We can't say if Gnabry is able to guarantee a constant high-level for the time being. Renato Sanches is shitty so let's skip him. Goretzka is actually top-level transfer, no doubts about that but what if Martinez and, for example, Hummels get injured? Will Kovac be playing three offensive CMs? I know it's enough for Bundesliga but a stronger opponent in Champions League will take advantage of it. Only three CBs in the squad is very hazardous to me as well.

I think the best thing for Bayern would be his retirement. I know he did so much for Bayern but it's the past.

Sanches has looked good in the pre season but yes probably still a bit of hoping more then anything. The way the squad is now im generally fine with, there is depth in every position currently. BUT if the words in the press mean much then theres something to Boateng and Rudy possibly leaving, there goes the afformentioned depth in a couple spots. I dont see how we can keep 4 world class CB's happy. It has seemingly been hard enough with 3 and Süle largely outplayed Boateng last season when Boa was fit.

There has been alot of mention as to what nudge is talking about as well. Which is why there was heavy contact and links between players like Pavard for example; squad planning for next year. Whether I or you like the fact the Robbery is still here is one thing but the fact is they are on the books for another season you cant just go ahead and purchase more wingers and have 6 wingers in the squad and keep them all happy. Squad shakeup will come, it is inevitable with the ageing core one way or another. I do like the giving the Sanches's and Gnabry's a chance at the same time and thats exactly what they should have this season. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

This was good to read and pretty honest from Lewy if nothing else. Im happy hes finally said something on the matter.

It was no secret that Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski wanted out of the Bavarian capital, as much was made of his desire for a new challenge with Real Madrid or Manchester United. After failing to fulfill his Champions League ambitions and being blamed for disappearing in big matches, Lewandowski wasn’t feeling the love. Following a disappointing World Cup, the Polish hitman seemed to be at his breaking point.

In an exclusive interview with Sport Bild (via Bild), the holder of the Kicker Torjägerkanone(Bundesliga top scorer award) opened up about his frustrations with the Bayern brass over a lack of support:

In April and May, almost everyone took a shot at me. And I didn’t feel protected at all by the club; I felt alone in that situation. I didn’t score in two or three important games and suddenly everyone was saying, “Fire away at Lewandowski!” I did not see anyone who stood behind me at the time. None of the bosses defended me either.

Lewandowski’s failure to be a difference-maker in key Champions League matches, coupled with his poor production at the World Cup, resulted in a sense of alienation from the club. It is true that Lewandowski earned the ire of some fans and possibly also management for under-performing. In the interview, the striker does not mince words or deny his desire to leave earlier in the Summer.

That was agreed with Pini [Zahavi]. Because at that moment I did not feel good in Munich anymore. Things didn’t fit any more during this time; too much happened all at once. I felt as though I had just been at Bayern for a season and had no credit at the club. That’s why I thought about leaving.

This type of honesty is hard to come by among top athletes, but Lewandowski’s openness about his thought process seems to indicate he is at peace with his decision to stay. He said as much speaking to his current state of mind.

My heart is back at Bayern. I saw here in Munich how the fans are behind me. (...) I see they still want me!

Lewandowski also declared he will never resort to the tactics used by Ousmane Dembélé to force his move away from Borussia Dortmund:

I will never go on strike, never take on the club. I’m not wasting any time now thinking about going abroad.

This will come as a relief to many Bayern fans, especially considering Lewandowski’s swashbuckling start to the new campaign. The sharpshooting Pole is not only is at peace with his decision, but four goals and two man of the match performances in the first two competitive matches of the season let the world know that RL9 is back with a vengeance and a Champions League trophy-sized chip on his shoulder.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2018/8/22/17766844/bayern-munich-robert-lewandowski-summer-transfer-real-madrid-manchester-united-pini-zahavi-contract

• Subscriber

Future captain Kimmich has chimed in as well.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2018/8/23/17770564/bayern-munich-joshua-kimmich-has-advice-for-robert-lewandowski-sport-bild-interview

Robert Lewandowski’s interview with SportBild has sent shock waves through Bavaria after the striker blasted the fan base and ownership for their lack of support during the end of the 2017/18 season.

Amidst the fallout, Joshua Kimmich has offered up some advise for the Polish international in an interview with Sport1.

On his importance to the club:

I’m confident that Robert knows how important he is to us. With him, you have a guarantee of 30 goals. Although, last season, I think it was only 29. That was almost a disappointment.

On his goal scoring ability:

On the other hand, he also has to see that he doesn’t score goals because he gets the ball in the back and dribbles through by himself, but rather he has other teammates who support him so that he can score goals every year. It’s not just our appreciation of him, but rather he also has to appreciate us.

On fan appreciation:

Appreciation is always an important subject, no matter where you work. I don’t know how it went for Robert, but when Robert says that he missed it, of course you have to believe him. Appreciation of a player should be confirmed one on one or with even more people. You can’t measure it by what [the fanbase] says publicly.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Coman to undergo a surgery for his ankle again...Syndasmosis ligament tear, expected to be sidelined for up to two months again. Very unlucky, yet another setback for him...

So it was as bad as it looked then... shame, he will probably be out for longer waiting to be back to full fitness and that's if all goes well... 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

So it was as bad as it looked then... shame, he will probably be out for longer waiting to be back to full fitness and that's if all goes well... 

Yeah...it's also worrying that it's the same ankle and the same injury, he missed the World Cup because of it. What a blow for him, and just when the new season starts...

7 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Coman is a real talent, such a shame that he's constantly getting these setbacks. 

I also don't know why Juventus let him go...

You should ask that question to PSG first. He left for free!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

In an interview with Bild (via Sport Bild), Bayern Munich and Germany center-back Jerome Boateng explained how new head coach Niko Kovac influenced his decision to decline an opportunity to transfer to Manchester United, leading to his personal conversation with Jose Mourinho by telephone.

From the very start, the coach expressed how much he values and trusts me. Niko Kovac gave me the feeling that I’m very important to him and the club.

It wasn’t escape but rather the appeal of a new challenge. I’m happy as a clam at FC Bayern; it’s one of the biggest clubs in the world... For a transfer, everything has to be just right to top this club.

that his interest was an honor for me and I thanked him that he had pushed so hard for me at Manchester United. It was a good conversation, in which I explained to him the reasons why I wouldn’t come.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2018/9/12/17850952/bayern-munich-jerome-boateng-manchester-united-jose-mourinho-transfer-psg-thomas-tuchel

Jerome Boateng wants to hold clear-the-air talks with Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and president Uli Hoeness so he can reaffirm his commitment to the club.

The Germany defender came close to leaving Bayern this summer, with both Rummenigge and Hoeness saying Boateng was available for the right price.

Boateng admits a move to Paris Saint-Germain was a "concrete option" and he rejected the chance to join Manchester United as he did not feel they are serious contenders to win the Champions League.

The 30-year-old was annoyed when Bayern chairman Rummenigge first fuelled rumours of a possible switch to PSG on the eve of the World Cup, where Germany crashed out in the group stages, but he is now keen to move forward.

"I think we should talk again in the near future - that's what we have set out to do - it's important for me to make it clear once again that I'm fully focused on FC Bayern," Boateng told the Munich-based newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung.

"And on the other hand, I don't think it's nice when things are said about me everywhere and then you do not get any public support from the club."