talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
32 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Last few games show that midfield and defence in attending to during the transfer window this month. 

I think you need to give Kimmich more then one full match and a partial sub appearence when coming back from injuries. I think our midfield is very, very good. If players such as Tolisso or Javi leave then I would agree we need some more cover but thats more of an offseason thing then a winter transfer.

Defence is a different story. Whether we extend Boateng or not, It looks like Alaba is gone, Süle isnt doing himself any favours neither is Pavard for that matter. I still dont know why Hernandez isnt seeing more playing time, when hes played hes been our best defender imo. Yeah lots of questions on the backend anyways. I dont figure they will get addressed until the offseason though with all the moving parts.

39 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I think you need to give Kimmich more then one full match and a partial sub appearence when coming back from injuries. I think our midfield is very, very good. If players such as Tolisso or Javi leave then I would agree we need some more cover but thats more of an offseason thing then a winter transfer.

Defence is a different story. Whether we extend Boateng or not, It looks like Alaba is gone, Süle isnt doing himself any favours neither is Pavard for that matter. I still dont know why Hernandez isnt seeing more playing time, when hes played hes been our best defender imo. Yeah lots of questions on the backend anyways. I dont figure they will get addressed until the offseason though with all the moving parts.

I see your point however Martinez and tolisso don’t inspire me in the midfield. 
Kimmich and Goretzka and after that it goes thin.  Both are injured or came off injury. The way players getting injured this season one can believe that one or both will be out again before the final game  

I think a more suitable replacement is needed for the last stretch of this season. 

I want to repeat as champions league winners but the display yesterday and the last month really have not been on par.  

without addressing these issues, Bayern will also be out of champions league very soon too 

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

I see your point however Martinez and tolisso don’t inspire me in the midfield. 
Kimmich and Goretzka and after that it goes thin.  Both are injured or came off injury. The way players getting injured this season one can believe that one or both will be out again before the final game  

I think a more suitable replacement is needed for the last stretch of this season. 

I want to repeat as champions league winners but the display yesterday and the last month really have not been on par.  

without addressing these issues, Bayern will also be out of champions league very soon too 

Tolisso has always been very divisive. His problem just seems to be consistency and thats not an easy thing to fix. One match he looks like a worldbeater and giving Goretzka a rest or cover while injury hes great. The next match hes invisible and I think basically sums up his years at Bayern. Its a tough one, because what your asking for (in replaceing him) is someone that wont start every match because our 11 is fairly set in midfield. Im not arsed either way, I think at this point we know what we have in Tolisso and if he wants to move on in the summer thats fine. Martinez is definitely near the end of his career I wont say anything there. We really do need coverage for Kimmich albeit this is his first real major injury (and he came back quite fast really) Its definitely why they picked up Roca but the jurys out on that one still. 

Defence is a toughy. This is the exact same unit that looked unbeatable last season, Boateng looked revitalized, Pavard was a revelation and continued on his worldcup form, Alaba was a rock in the center, Süle was excellent whenever called upon. Hernandez was the odd man out and out of form. Its just had to look at it and say now all of those guys bar Hernandez isnt good enough but they definitely havent been this season. If not for Neuer regaining his form we could be in alot worse shape. 

Anyway Im kinda rambling but I do get it, there needs to be a reaction to a cup loss like this because it just shouldnt happen. It was definitely apparent how much we needed Coman and Goretzka I thought though. The problems have been evident most of the season to, the 8 straight matches conceding first, the amount of goals conceded is just not acceptable, there does need to be some change. 

Edited by Viva la FCB

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Tolisso has always been very divisive. His problem just seems to be consistency and thats not an easy thing to fix. One match he looks like a worldbeater and giving Goretzka a rest or cover while injury hes great. The next match hes invisible and I think basically sums up his years at Bayern. Its a tough one, because what your asking for (in replaceing him) is someone that wont start every match because our 11 is fairly set in midfield. Im not arsed either way, I think at this point we know what we have in Tolisso and if he wants to move on in the summer thats fine. Martinez is definitely near the end of his career I wont say anything there. We really do need coverage for Kimmich albeit this is his first real major injury (and he came back quite fast really) Its definitely why they picked up Roca but the jurys out on that one still. 

Defence is a toughy. This is the exact same unit that looked unbeatable last season, Boateng looked revitalized, Pavard was a revelation and continued on his worldcup form, Alaba was a rock in the center, Süle was excellent whenever called upon. Hernandez was the odd man out and out of form. Its just had to look at it and say now all of those guys bar Hernandez isnt good enough but they definitely havent been this season. If not for Neuer regaining his form we could be in alot worse shape. 

Anyway Im kinda rambling but I do get it, there needs to be a reaction to a cup loss like this because it just shouldnt happen. It was definitely apparent how much we needed Coman and Goretzka I thought though. The problems have been evident most of the season to, the 8 straight matches conceding first, the amount of goals conceded is just not acceptable, there does need to be some change. 

Perhaps a change in tactics. No more high line as opponents have solved it already 

Don't know whether this belongs here or in the Schland-thread, still decided to post it as it's amusing,. When Rummenigge was asked , what he considers his biggest failure during an interview with German paper Münchner Merkur, he responded:

"Signing Klinsmann as a manager!"xD

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Haha 2

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, The Käiser said:

i know it was only against Schalke but Süle looked ok at right back.  Perhaps this will free pavard to move centrally to rotate between boateng and Hernandez. 

Hes actually been better at RB this season then at CB for whatever the reason. Ultimately I think Pavard is the answer he just needs to get through this funk but for now its certainly fine. Süle has always appeared slower then he is, hes fairly quick for a hulking mass of a human. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, The Käiser said:

It is getting revamped and growing to include more teams. Wish they would host it in North America for a change. Get a chance to see some name players at their clubs 

The CWC revamp is one of the worst things to happen to football. What's the point when we will have 4 European semi-finalists at worst. The gap between them and everyone else is just too big to make it interesting.

The only good thing about it is other teams will have a chance to test themselves. It's better to have multiple teams prove themselves than just the champions going across the world for 2 games. So it's not all gloomy.