talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, CrackerJack said:

@nudge Thank you, my friend! Yeah, as weird as it sounds, we actually even have German lookalike pubs/restaurants where we (before the fucking Covid) used to join and watch games.  I can tell you that i even celebrated the 2013 victory with a huge Paulaner in my hands :D

Sounds like fun! :D Do you watch/follow Bundesliga in general as well, or do you just focus on Bayern? Who's your current favourite Bayern player? 

• Administrator

Kahn was iconic in the late 90s/early 00s so no wonder he was an inspiration for you! He was amongst some fellow goal-keeping greats in that era of football - Seaman, Van Der Sar, Buffon, Schmeichel. Leeds in that era were a different beast as well. One to be seriously reckoned with for sure so I can understand the affinity.

As for Leicester, it's great to know the story reached Colombia! I remember at the time when the title win was confirmed and seeing all the messages on social media from teams all across the world congratulating us. It was very surreal!

@Viva la FCBThank you!. Absolutely, i always think that, whatever happens, big legendary clubs stay legendary. No matter what happens in the present/upcoming years, history has already been written. 

@nudge I like the whole league. Die Mannschaft too (huge Jogi Löw fan, btw). It's unevitable to not watch a promising monster like Haaland every weekend, for example, or to enjoy when Nagelsmann machine works well oiled. And my favourite current Bayern player, even loving Müller and Neuer, has to be Kimmich. He's an exquisite regista with Effenberg mindset and Xabi Alonso's foot.

@Stan Exactly. I actually get really upset when people makes lists of top goalkeepers of all time not including him. To the great shortlist you made for the late 90s/early 00s, i'll add Cañizares, a phenomenal GK. I'll never forget that titanic battle between him and Kahn in the penalty shootout of the 2001 final.

And of course, Leicester story here was a huge thing. I even reunited with some friends hoping to see you guys champions at Old Trafford vs Van Gaal's United. Sadly the title was decided later, but it was still a great joy. It's also nice to see that it wasn't just a fairy tale, and you guys managed to construct a great project with a really competitive team under Brendan Rodgers. Hoping to see the foxes in the UCL next year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, CrackerJack said:

@Viva la FCBThank you!. Absolutely, i always think that, whatever happens, big legendary clubs stay legendary. No matter what happens in the present/upcoming years, history has already been written. 

@nudge I like the whole league. Die Mannschaft too (huge Jogi Löw fan, btw). It's unevitable to not watch a promising monster like Haaland every weekend, for example, or to enjoy when Nagelsmann machine works well oiled. And my favourite current Bayern player, even loving Müller and Neuer, has to be Kimmich. He's an exquisite regista with Effenberg mindset and Xabi Alonso's foot.

@Stan Exactly. I actually get really upset when people makes lists of top goalkeepers of all time not including him. To the great shortlist you made for the late 90s/early 00s, i'll add Cañizares, a phenomenal GK. I'll never forget that titanic battle between him and Kahn in the penalty shootout of the 2001 final.

And of course, Leicester story here was a huge thing. I even reunited with some friends hoping to see you guys champions at Old Trafford vs Van Gaal's United. Sadly the title was decided later, but it was still a great joy. It's also nice to see that it wasn't just a fairy tale, and you guys managed to construct a great project with a really competitive team under Brendan Rodgers. Hoping to see the foxes in the UCL next year.

I knew it was too good to be true.

But This Is So Shitty Its Almost Disgraceful GIFs - Get the best GIF on  GIPHY

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Like 1

On 09/04/2021 at 16:08, CrackerJack said:

¡Hi everyone!. Since i'm new here, i just want to say that i have strong faith that we will surpass the two big mountains that stand between us and one more European Cup title.

Even if the mountains can dribble and score like Nazário and pass like Platini :p. 

Anyway, it's always great to come into a new enviroment, in order to get to know some new people.

I can tell you about me that i'm a Colombian that actually knows how to prepare coffee (which seems kinda obvious but, believe me, it's not), a Writer/journalist/football historian and that i'm a Peñarol lifetime supporter and a follower of Bayern, Juventus and Leeds United.

With nothing else to be said, i wish the best to all of you. And, beforehand, that is a pleasure to meet you all.

Leeds and Bayern...oof.  Best look into 1975.  One of the biggest reasons I don't like Bayern.

7 hours ago, Coma said:

Leeds and Bayern...oof.  Best look into 1975.  One of the biggest reasons I don't like Bayern.

Yeah, that's a whole huge thing. As i said, i'm a football historian so i know very well that particular final. But, what i concluded after all my years following and studying football, is that every big team has robbed (some more than others, but everyone has just done it). So at the end, you should follow the team(s) you like the most, because if you're looking for a "pristine" institution, you better start watching another sport.  The sooner we stop calling each other thieves and assume that we have all stolen at some point in history, the better we will live.

Is this the end of Hansi Flick at Bayern?  My gut feeling is he's going to the national team.  He seems really unhappy with the recruitment at Bayern and his fallout with Salihamidzic has been public knowledge for months now.

Edited to say, I really like Hansi as a coach, and he seems like a nice guy.  Doesn't seem to fit in with the arrogance of some past and present Bayern personnel.

Edited by Coma
incomplete post
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Coma said:

Is this the end of Hansi Flick at Bayern?  My gut feeling is he's going to the national team.  He seems really unhappy with the recruitment at Bayern and his fallout with Salihamidzic has been public knowledge for months now.

Edited to say, I really like Hansi as a coach, and he seems like a nice guy.  Doesn't seem to fit in with the arrogance of some past and present Bayern personnel.

Salihamidzic concerns me. If a coach turns ur club around like flick did last season, why is there trouble? And it wasn’t just lately there have been reports for a while.  SaliHamidizic perhaps is hurting cuz kovac didn’t work out.  Wasn’t his brother part of the coaching staff too?

I also wonder if other sporting directors sit on the bench during games like he does.

I can understand flicks questioning recruitment. Wonder if it’s salihamidzic’s time to go  

imagine when the wins aren’t coming that’s when personalities usually clash. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Käiser said:

Salihamidzic concerns me. If a coach turns ur club around like flick did last season, why is there trouble? And it wasn’t just lately there have been reports for a while.  SaliHamidizic perhaps is hurting cuz kovac didn’t work out.  Wasn’t his brother part of the coaching staff too?

I also wonder if other sporting directors sit on the bench during games like he does.

I can understand flicks questioning recruitment. Wonder if it’s salihamidzic’s time to go  

imagine when the wins aren’t coming that’s when personalities usually clash. 

I agree with this word to word. How can you put trouble on a coach that turned around your situation and made you win six titles in a row? He has showed that he has Bayern DNA, and he can coach and give propper tactical solutions. So to me Hansi looks like the perfect option to sit in front of the deep refreshing process that we will have to face in a couple of seasons. And still be competitive locally and in Europe. Kahn is doing a good job so far, Salihamidzic probably not. We cannot afford to lose another 6 months/1 year having in our hands the last top level years of legends like Muller, Neuer and Lewandowski.

• Subscriber

Its not as simple as a Flick vs Brazzo. Replace Brazzo with whoever you want its the structure that Flick is at odds with. I fully understand his thinking and even the much maligned Kovac had some comments about that, coaches want more say in squad planning. Thats just not how Bayerns run. The philosophy does make some sense; a player when recruited can be at the club 4-10+ years, coaches are typically what? 2-3 seasons on average at most? I doubt Flick wins this battle but it will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

• Subscriber

God I hope he never leaves.

If Hansi #Flick the #FCBayern should leave in the summer, I will remember this one scene a few weeks ago, when he discovered my son (9) in a virtual PK and waved to him in a friendly manner. Great! That shows how grounded Flick is.

• Upvote 1

I don't know why, but it seems like only two minutes since Flick took the reins at Bayern, was surprised at just how long he's been there. 

I don't think it's going over the top to suggest that he could go on to be as big as the likes of Guardiola and Mourinho (in his prime). To have won everything there is to win domestically, in the style that he did it regardless of the players around shows just how good of a manger he is. International football is a totally different ball game (assuming he moves into the German post) but excited to see what he can bring to the domestic game of the future.

• Upvote 2

Flick was “on the fence” that he was leaving it rumours were about so what does brazzo  do?  Drive a wedge.  Instead of investing in the coach who already shown progress. 
hope Bayern choose carefully cuz it may be another kovac scenario otherwise 

On 16/04/2021 at 12:34, Viva la FCB said:

Good for him, hes right and its fully deserved. Get it done gentleman.

Extending Kimmich should be a priority for Bayern. 

Do you guys think he could be another Kroos case or is he more of a guy that wants to build a legacy in one club? 

Also, another question. Seeing Thiago at Liverpool, made me realize how good Kimmich is. Is he Bayern's best player? 

On Flick's exit, there seems to be a lot of anger from fans. They seem to be really upset by Brazzo. What did happen between Salihamidžić and Hansi? 

Edited by El Profesor

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Extending Kimmich should be a priority for Bayern. absolutely

Do you guys think he could be another Kroos case or is he more of a guy that wants to build a legacy in one club? I would be very surprised if a deal doesnt get done fairly easily. Kimmich, Goretzka and Coman are all 2 years left (like 1 more season after this) If memory serves and theres been rumblings about negotiations with all of them.

Also, another question. Seeing Thiago at Liverpool, made me realize how good Kimmich is. Is he Bayern's best player? Tough call. Id say hes impossible to replace and when he went down early in the season it was very apparent we had noone that could cover at all (great squad planning) Id definitely say hes one of the top couple though for sure, absolutely a future club captain as well.

On Flick's exit, there seems to be a lot of anger from fans. They seem to be really upset by Brazzo. What did happen between Salihamidžić and Hansi? 

I think alot of fans read this is a Brazzo v Flick thing and I think thats the completely wrong way to look at it. Theres been alot made of feuds between the two and thats probably helped exacerbate everything in the press with what is happening. The real problem lies with what Flick and what is seemingly becoming more common with the Manager having more say in transfers. Replace Brazzo with a different sporting director and I believe it makes no difference, Flick is trying to gain control over how (at least as long as I can remember) the way Bayerns run. Sporting Director and Board do the squad planning, extensions, transfers etc. Theres some merit in this imo when you lay out big money and a 5 year contract on a transfer chances are that player is out living the manager at the club. Ultimately I think this was never going to bend in Flicks direction but again maybe this is all reading too much into things. Could be as simple as he wants the Germany job and he literally achieved everything he could with 6 trophies in his first season. Ill be sad to see him go but also happy to see him take control of Germany. (assuming that happens)

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I don't know why, but it seems like only two minutes since Flick took the reins at Bayern, was surprised at just how long he's been there. 

I don't think it's going over the top to suggest that he could go on to be as big as the likes of Guardiola and Mourinho (in his prime). To have won everything there is to win domestically, in the style that he did it regardless of the players around shows just how good of a manger he is. International football is a totally different ball game (assuming he moves into the German post) but excited to see what he can bring to the domestic game of the future.

Absolutely. I think alot of people dont realize when he took over for Kovac just how bad things looked. Kovac had some hilarious quote when asked about immitating the playing style of Liverpool he replied with something along the lines of "no you need the right players for that, you cant drive a car 200km/hr on the autobahn that has a maximum speed of 100km/hr" Fucking guy gets fired after a demolishing by his former team Frankfurt like 5-0 and Flick instantly turns it around. We go on to win everything and lose like 2 matches the entire year in all competitions. Regardless Flick will be a legend here anyways.

Edited by Viva la FCB