talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Will this season be considered a success?

out of pokal by a second tier club

out of champions league in quarterfinals ...conceding 3 goals at home 

Potentially winning bundesliga in match day on 31. 

No but it doesnt matter because last year was such a runaway success imo, also thats what Flick will ultimately be remembered for.

• Subscriber

Really impressed with his emergence this season. Obviously put in a shift against Wolfsburg but he was excellent against Leverkussen as well even without the goals to show.

Also news that we are close to an agreement with Choups Magoops for another 1 year deal, likely announced in May. By all accounts hes been a great deputy to Lewy, cant really ask for anymore. 

Edited by Viva la FCB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Javi Martinez making an official statement on leaving at the end of the season. Another legend, we dont win in 2013 without him. Only Neuer and Müller will remain from that team if memory serves. 

“I’m very proud and happy to have been part of the FC Bayern family for nine years. I’d like to thank this great club and especially our fans – you have made Munich my home! I’ll never forget these nine years. From the very first day, I felt the ‘Mia san mia’ and the special nature of FC Bayern. I lived for this club, always gave everything for it, and am very happy about the many titles we won together. FC Bayern and its fans will forever be in my heart. Muchas gracias, dankeschön, servus – see you again!”

Edited by Viva la FCB

• Subscriber

Alaba's turn, sad how it all ended but undoubtedly a club legend.

The interview with David Alaba

David, your time at FC Bayern is drawing to a close after 13 years – how does that feel?

"There’s still a bit of time before I go, and I can’t fully take it in at the moment. But to be honest, there are days where I catch myself looking back at this special time here at FC Bayern. It’s just been fantastic over the years."

bayern-munich-2020-21-quote--1dd9a429-9a6e-473c-8dd2-fb5b87142e75.png

Do you know what you will miss most?

"The dressing room and my teammates, the fans in the stadium, the atmosphere at Säbener Straße where I spent two years in the youth accommodation at the beginning. I’ll also miss the city of Munich where I’ve lived for 13 years and which has become much more than a second home for me. My son was born in Munich, his grandparents live here, so there will always be a close connection."

Apart from your ability on the pitch, the others will also miss your Viennese chat. Who really understood you? Or was Thomas Müller the only one?

"(laughs) No, not at all. In the end, there were more and more who understood me. Even Jérôme [Boateng] understands me now, so I don't have to repeat myself twice. And my ‘Bist du deppert!’ [you must be daft] is in the vocabulary of all the overseas players. Leon [Goretzka] recently said to me that he really finds it difficult every time I come back from the Austria team. Then I need a couple of days to acclimatise."

You mentioned staying in the youth accommodation at first. What does FC Bayern mean to you after all these years?

"I came here as a 16-year-old from Vienna and now we’re looking back at almost half my life, 13 years later. That really says it all. The club is my family, my home, my special place."

bayern-munich-2020-21-quote--7c8de739-8978-429b-8359-db823c35c1ea.png

Will there be any tears when you go?

"I can’t say whether you’ll see me cry but I definitely will inwardly. I had to battle with my emotions recently when we had our last big photo shoot at the Allianz Arena. I’m incredibly grateful for the support from our fans over all the years. I’ve always had the feeling of having a special connection to them. One time at Frankfurt, a fan called me over to the fence, and after that we had eye contact at least after every game. I could always imagine myself in the South Stand because I stood there a couple of times when I was a teenager. It’s funny how it’s all turned out. I was a ball boy and, before games in the Champions League, also one of the boys who made waves with the round flag in the centre circle when the stars came out. And then, I was a player on the pitch."

Is there something you want to say to the fans before you leave?

"Yes, it’s very simple: thank you for everything! I’ll never forget this relationship and it will always be in my heart."

If you look back at 16-year-old David, what was the young lad in Munich like back then?

"(grins) Definitely a little rascal. But also a lad who never gave up believing in his big dreams and I definitely wanted to make it. The view from my room looked out onto the first-team pitch. I watched the training sessions through my window every day and I decided to do everything I could to make my dream come true."

bayern-munich-2020-21-quote--b70fef09-04f5-400b-8b57-a44b6c186204.png

Bayern fans are devastated that you’re leaving. Be honest, don’t you feel the same?

"Yes, of course. It’s always difficult when something comes to an end and it’s no secret that I’ve always really felt at home here. Obviously, I’m leaving FC Bayern with a tear in my eye but also looking forward to my future at the same time. It wasn’t a decision against the club, but I decided I’d like to do something new and take another step forward. To grow, you have to leave your 'comfort zone' – and I deliberately put that word in quotation marks because it could possibly be misunderstood. At FC Bayern, the expectations on the pitch are always extreme from the management, in the dressing room or from yourself. I think that perhaps you have to go into the unknown to be able to mature again."

What’s your wish for FC Bayern?

"Only the very best. This club will always be in my heart. I’m incredibly grateful. I wish FC Bayern carry on writing a great success story. And to be honest, I have no worries about this club there."

• Upvote 1

Nagelsmann failed to win the pokal. 
beaten by Dortmund 2x in a week

swept aside by Liverpool in the champions league 

Wasn’t it 5:0 against Man U ...at least he dressed for the occasion 

he is not impressing me to be the manager at Bayern at all.  I hope that I’m proved wrong. At least kovac won the pokal with Frankfurt before taking over. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Nagelsmann failed to win the pokal. 
beaten by Dortmund 2x in a week

swept aside by Liverpool in the champions league 

Wasn’t it 5:0 against Man U ...at least he dressed for the occasion 

he is not impressing me to be the manager at Bayern at all.  I hope that I’m proved wrong. At least kovac won the pokal with Frankfurt before taking over. 

troy.gif

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Community- great show

but is true, what has nagelsmann accomplished so far? Trophyless.  Yesterday was his best chance and he got demolished 4:1 by an interim manager 

Trophies aren't the end all be all. You seem to like Kovac use his tenure as a measuring stick then; on paper he was successful here, he won a title he won trophies. Every other way he was an unmitigated disaster and our squads individual talent won what they won. He was completely out of his depths.

Dortmund's been on quite a run and has the superior squad I don't think anyone would debate that. Give the guy a chance, it's not guaranteed to work but writing him off already is kind of ridiculous. Well see what he can do with our squad I'm intrigued.

• Upvote 2

On 14/05/2021 at 14:26, Viva la FCB said:

Trophies aren't the end all be all. You seem to like Kovac use his tenure as a measuring stick then; on paper he was successful here, he won a title he won trophies. Every other way he was an unmitigated disaster and our squads individual talent won what they won. He was completely out of his depths.

Dortmund's been on quite a run and has the superior squad I don't think anyone would debate that. Give the guy a chance, it's not guaranteed to work but writing him off already is kind of ridiculous. Well see what he can do with our squad I'm intrigued.

Trophies are not the end all?

all love flick cuz how many trophies he’s won in such a short time. 
winning is what counts. As soon as Bayern was slipping in the standings, management made a coaching change. 

guess the players have to like the coach as well. But kinda that goes hand in hand with winning. When your winning things seem happier/better 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Trophies are not the end all?

all love flick cuz how many trophies he’s won in such a short time. 
winning is what counts. As soon as Bayern was slipping in the standings, management made a coaching change. 

guess the players have to like the coach as well. But kinda that goes hand in hand with winning. When your winning things seem happier/better 

I dont think you understand my point. Yes trophies are what every team and every player and coach strives for, they are also however not a measure of success or failure for most clubs. 

Pep failed to win the champions league with us, by some that is considered a failure, overall id argue vigilantly against that. As I mentioned Kovac the guy was a disaster here and he wasnt fired simply because of our standings, thats completely disingenuous. Bayern's expectations and goals are obviously different then the rest of the bundesliga and they should be. If you're trying to measure up any future managers against Flick they will fall short, what he achieved was near perfection and its not sustainable (even compare season 1 to season 2) nor a realistic expectation. 

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Not really a Bayern topic anymore but I wasnt sure where else to post this bit about Klose, scary stuff. He also confirmed he also declined to join Flick with the DFB because he wants to pursure a head coaching job when hes recovered. 

Bayern Munich parted ways with a couple of players and their coaching staff at the end of this season. Hansi Flick will take over the DFB job after the European Championships. Flick planned to take Hermann Gerland and Miroslav Klose with him to the national team, but things quickly went south for Klose.

In an interview with kicker, Klose explained that he was in serious talks with a couple of teams, but now the former striker will have to take an involuntary break. He said that three weeks ago, he started feeling pain in his leg. Then, the team went to the quarantine procedure, and suddenly it got worse. He went to the club doctor and was shocked by the diagnosis.

Klose said: “I have two thromboses (blood clots) in my leg. I was immediately given medication and special stockings. The doctors made it very clear to me that this situation should not be joked with. They prescribed almost total rest. I can’t jog, can’t swim - but above all, can’t play football. I almost went crazy at the training camp. Not being able to kick or show the exercises to the players — simply not being able to do anything actively, it was cruel.”

Klose later added that he just could not imagine himself starting a coaching career like that — be a passive observer on the sidelines. But now he feels better, as the pain is gone, but he still has to wear special socks.

• Wow 1

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Not really a Bayern topic anymore but I wasnt sure where else to post this bit about Klose, scary stuff. He also confirmed he also declined to join Flick with the DFB because he wants to pursure a head coaching job when hes recovered. 

That's scary... Good that he got medical attention in time, this is definitely nothing to joke about. Must be related to all the flights they have been taking for years; I have always wondered how something like that never seems to happen to sportsmen/staff. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

A little surprising its a 2 year deal in the end but overall Im in favour to get this done. By all accounts hes been a great teammate and its a tough spot to find a half decent backup to play behind Lewy who seemingly never gets injured (knock on wood) and plays nearly every match. 

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

A little surprising its a 2 year deal in the end but overall Im in favour to get this done. By all accounts hes been a great teammate and its a tough spot to find a half decent backup to play behind Lewy who seemingly never gets injured (knock on wood) and plays nearly every match. 

I'm still baffled by his career. From HSV to Mainz to Schalke to Stoke where he scored 5 goals in 30 games....to PSG and then Bayern. I don't know how he pulled that off, but fair play to him. xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I'm still baffled by his career. From HSV to Mainz to Schalke to Stoke where he scored 5 goals in 30 games....to PSG and then Bayern. I don't know how he pulled that off, but fair play to him. xD

Right xD I was a little surprised when we signed him to start with but on the free and in a truncated season not only was he needed but I dont think anyone could have imagined he would score 2 goals in 2 matches against PSG..... so expectations exceeded. Just for the love of god dont play him in midfield ever again please.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, nudge said:

What's up with KHR stepping down?

He was set to step down at the end of his contract at the end of the year was my understanding, not really alot to it other then he figured he might as well do it this off season with all the rest of the changes anyways. Il add in what he said himself, very German statement :)

“It is the most strategically sensible and logical time.”

“We’re coming to the end of the financial year, and at the same time a new phase is beginning with a new coaching team. The new season should be the responsibility of Oliver Kahn as the new CEO right from the start — also for the sake of the people involved and thus in terms of the future of FC Bayern.”

“I already said two years ago that we were planning a prudent transition, and it is finally being implemented now. That’s how it should be.”

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

A little more in depth answer for KHR here (Bild interview)

“It matured over several weeks. Then on Whit Monday I invited my family to dinner and informed everyone. My six grandchildren can’t quite believe that their grandpa really has more time for them now,” Rummenigge said. “I was a striker at FC Bayern myself and played with Gerd Müller. Ironically, in my last game as CEO, Lewandowski scored his historic 41st goal in the last minute, then there was the bowl — it couldn’t be nicer for me to say goodbye!”

Bild then asked the obvious question about Rummenigge’s early exit: Did it have anything to do with the reported in-fighting between sporting director Hasan “Brazzo” Salihamidzic and former manager Hansi Flick?

“No, because now is basically the right time, the financial year ends and a new season begins, for which Oliver Kahn will be responsible from the start. Hansi’s move to the DFB, however, confirmed my decision,” Rummenigge said. “New coach, new season, new CEO — that’s a clean cut. It was very important to me to leave while it was nice. We have won seven titles in the past twelve months, are excellently positioned for the future with (Herbert) Hainer, (Oliver) Kahn, Salihamidzic and (Julian) Nagelsmann and are in the best economic position of all clubs in Europe. Despite Corona, we will announce another decent result on June 30th.”

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

@Batard How did the loan end up then from your perspective? All Ive really read is it was quite a mixed bag of averageness. I think the buy option was €18m and I would imagine we would have negotiated for less If you truely wanted him. I still remain intrigued by him, the potential is massive.