talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

On 17/06/2021 at 14:08, Viva la FCB said:

@Batard How did the loan end up then from your perspective? All Ive really read is it was quite a mixed bag of averageness. I think the buy option was €18m and I would imagine we would have negotiated for less If you truely wanted him. I still remain intrigued by him, the potential is massive. 

It was released in the media that he "failed a medical" at Leeds last summer but the scoop I heard is that he has a bad attitude and Bielsa told him to piss off.  Funny that he has all that talent but can't seem to find a home.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Coma said:

@Viva la FCB surely that rumor about Ramos isn't true?  Why would Bayern want an aging, egotistical CB?  They just got rid of Boateng.

I would hope for several reasons it isnt going to happen. First and foremost exactly as you mention; getting rid of Boateng makes 0 sense only to bring in Ramos. Secondly the wages he would command would also make 0 sense for a what 36 year old defender? im guessing? 

This Bayern team is really missing some local flair. It's so strange that Muller is the only Bavarian these days, I feel like once upon a time 3/4 of the team was. Maybe I'm just imagining things...

Hey at least they aren't Stuttgart, proving elite talent to every team but theirs.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Confirmed Davies has a ligament tear suffered in training for Canada at the gold cup. Between him and Hernandez being out for the start we are in short supply of LB's. 

Absolutely hate it for Davies. Huge loss for Canada and even bigger for Bayern. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Confirmed Davies has a ligament tear suffered in training for Canada at the gold cup. Between him and Hernandez being out for the start we are in short supply of LB's. 

We're selling Augustinsson. Just for you, a special offer for Bayern - only 30 million Euro! :ph34r:

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Absolutely hate it for Davies. Huge loss for Canada and even bigger for Bayern. 

Id probably normally argue its a bigger loss for Canada but with Alaba leaving and then Hernandez also being injured we actually dont have anyone to fill in here off the top of my head.

16 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Definitely forgot we signed Omar Richards from Reading on the free.. he will get the chance right off the bat here to cover LB. I know nothing about him so trial by combat. 

Dortmund are looking to sell Nico Schulz :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2021/8/3/22607768/breaking-bayern-munich-working-on-transfer-rb-leipzig-marcel-sabitzer-midfielder-julian-nagelsmann

Apparently from a Bild report that we have interest in a Sabitzer deal of around €18m. If they could pull this off im all over it, great rotation option to have when our midfield depths seems quite thin. 

Also Zirkzee out on loan, no purchase option apparently. 

Edited by Viva la FCB

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

So Phonzie was already pretty physical strong for his age and always kinda was but someones been hitting the weight room during his ankle injury. MONSTER.

la-bufala-della-morte-di-fonzie.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Fantastic athletic interview with Lewy and Honigstein 1 on 1. Basically Rafa picked a handful of mixed nice/iconic goals and Lewy talked about his thought process in the moments. 

https://theathletic.com/2775337/2021/08/19/robert-lewandowski-my-game-in-my-words/

Il link a little bit:

3-0 vs Eintracht Frankfurt (H), April 2015 (final score 3-0)

Honigstein: This one’s a bit of football ballet. Talk us through it.

Lewandowski: I remember precisely the vector of the shot and my distance to goal. I hit it very cleanly, top corner. The first touch, as I said, is so important. It gave me a big chance, on my right foot, at a good angle. I hadn’t scored many goals against Frankfurt until then, which is why this goal meant a lot to me. It was quite special.

Honigstein: The first touch puts it on a plate for you to smash it home. But it also conveniently takes out the defender…

Lewandowski: There’s one behind me and one in front of me. The only space to turn for the shot is out wide on the right. I know that if I get that first touch right, they both can’t get there, and I have a clear sight of goal. The flight of the ball is important here: if it’s too high, it takes too much time to come down and I’ll get blocked. Once I realised the first touch was good, I had to concentrate on making the right contact.

Honigstein: That first touch, a self-assist, if you will, is reminiscent of Dennis Bergkamp.

Lewandowski: That was his speciality. Short, smart first touches that took him past the defender in one sweeping move.

Honigstein: Did you study him and other greats?

Lewandowski: When I was younger, yes. But when I turned professional, I concentrated on my own technique. I was determined to make the most of my skills, not so much by copying others as by practising, again and again, until I could bring my potential to bear.