talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
45 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I really do think beyern will set a new record for domestic league titles. I think Rosenberg have the record with 13. @nudge it's really hard to see anyone winning it again for a long time?

Just wait till we get promoted again :ph34r:

• Haha 2

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Also overtook another Gerd record for most Bundesliga goals in a calender year :D

He really is something special. I don't buy the 'it's only Bundesliga' dullard argument. On the flip side of that, if it was so easy, why has no one else ever done it? He's clearly quite talented - one thing I love the most is he will score any kind of goal. Get the ball in to him in the box and he's ever so reliable to finish a chance. Van Nistelrooy was famed for being the 'fox in the box' kind of striker when he played for Man Utd. Lewandowski is similar style but far ahead on quality. Never generally understood the argument against someone who literally does the job (extremely well at that) of doing the thing that wins games - scoring goals. 

If he wasn't scoring, to even a fraction of the rate he is doing so now, he'd no doubt be criticised. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Stan said:

He really is something special. I don't buy the 'it's only Bundesliga' dullard argument. On the flip side of that, if it was so easy, why has no one else ever done it? He's clearly quite talented - one thing I love the most is he will score any kind of goal. Get the ball in to him in the box and he's ever so reliable to finish a chance. Van Nistelrooy was famed for being the 'fox in the box' kind of striker when he played for Man Utd. Lewandowski is similar style but far ahead on quality. Never generally understood the argument against someone who literally does the job (extremely well at that) of doing the thing that wins games - scoring goals. 

If he wasn't scoring, to even a fraction of the rate he is doing so now, he'd no doubt be criticised. 

Thats just it, we're talking 50 year old league records. Ill get red in the face talking about the different ways he can score goals; volleys, backheels, anything inside the box, headers, outside the box, penalties, freekicks even he added it he last few years. His holdup play and passing is underrated as well. Hes just so well rounded on top of it all. Ive had the pleasure of watching nearly every Bayern match and see him develop into the player he is, its really been something special.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Will always be in my memory asd the strange guy, who signed for Bayern because he felt he didn't get enough match time at Gladbach.xD

Right!? Even reading recent quotes he talks about how he still thinks hes good enough...not short on self confidence I suppose. Ability was never an issue though hes clearly very talented just seems like its between the ears more then anything. Too many stories of behind the scenes things and shots of him throwing his sub bib to not believe where theres smoke etc..

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

It is maybe a bit high but makes more sense then selling him and trying to find an adequate replacement imo. His form in the last 12-18 months has been excellent overall just needs to find some more consistency.. story of our wings in general I suppose. I should mention this isnt the third highest wage either.. Lewy is tops with Kimmich, Neuer and Müller all around €20m ish. He will be in the Goretzka neighbourhood. It certainly does signal everyone pushing wages though. In related news nothing new to report about Gnabry but word is its still close to an extension there as well. 

Edited by Viva la FCB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Pretty good source on this one, traces back to Kerry Hau and hes rarely wrong. Sad to see him go but definitely replaceable. He never really made the jump to demand a starting role...if he never had the ACL injury I wonder what could have been. Anyways wish him luck, well find a replacement.

• Subscriber

Paul Wanner signs a long term extension - no details yet but deal is confirmed.

Bayern’s plan with Wanner

Paul Wanner will most probably follow the similar path Jamal Musiala has taken. According to Sport1 sources, he will train with the first team, and loaning him out is not an option. Bayern’s bosses also found a solution for Paul’s education, so he’ll be able to train in the mornings with Julian Nagelsmann.

Paul Wanner is very happy to stay in his ‘dream club’: “I am incredibly proud and happy to have signed my first contract with FC Bayern today. My childhood dream has come true. I have been playing for FC Bayern since I was 12 years old and always wanted to become a professional here. I would like to thank everyone at the FC Bayern Campus, plus Hasan Salihamidžić and head coach Julian Nagelsmann for their trust. A huge thanks go to my family, who have always supported me.”

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2022/1/31/22910594/bayern-munich-transfer-news-rumors-paul-wanner-16-contract-extension-brazzo-neppe-alonso-nagelsmann

• Upvote 1