talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Michael said:

Bayern need to replace Naglesmann, he's not good enough for a club like Bayern in my opinion.

Could be the case but Il give him more then 1 season to prove it one way or the other. The first half of the season we looked unstoppable. Injuries/covid and things never came back together. He was massively inflexable when things clearly werent working and we couldnt keep playing the same way and he never adjusted and thats absolutely on him but I wouldnt fire him in the first season over that. The rumoured players coming in are of the mold of what we need to play his system and that should cover the gaps if Goretzka and or Davies are out for extended periods next season. The grace period ends this season though he definitely still has plenty to prove. 

The other side of this is not letting the players off the hook too. Upamecano just isnt good enough to be anchoring our defence, Nianzou is too young and raw to even fill it games and then theres 0 cover at CB. The icing on the shitpile is our best cb this season (Id still argue was Hernandez maybe) or second best was easily Süle and hes walking away to Dortmund. Ill move to RB where Pavard not only doesnt want to play but is mediocre at best at and our only half decent cover is Stanisic who is far from proven. Sane decided to look beyond disinterested after the break for whatever the reason hes an enigma, Gnabry is a yoyo in form and has been for the last couple seasons leaving only Coman to try and create anything through the midfield outside of Kimmich really. 

Edited by Viva la FCB

2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Youre judging his career to date on trophies? You're expecting Hoffenheim to win trophies? You're expecting Redbull to win trophies? Hes also still only 34 he can learn and grow hes far from finished and he will very likely win the Bundesliga so theres your first trophy to kickstar your measuring stick. He can have at least a year and some squad tinkering to get in the personnel to play the way he wants before I judge him too harshly but you do you bud. Hes not without criticism and theres been plenty but this is pretty premature... jesus. I know youve talked about not caring about the Bundesliga trophy before.. Ill move passed that for the sake of my sanity but how would you rate Pep's time with us then? He did the double twice and league title all 3 times but never made it passed the semi's in the CL. Is that a failure? Thats three seasons to evaulate? Pep came with massive pedigree and still in one of his seasons "only" managed to win the Bundesliga title. 

Also Bayern need to replace Lewandowski, who never won an international title, and Müller and Neuer, who only won 1 each. I had some proposals for their replacements.:ph34r:

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Haha 1

On 14/04/2022 at 17:25, Viva la FCB said:

Youre judging his career to date on trophies? You're expecting Hoffenheim to win trophies? You're expecting Redbull to win trophies? Hes also still only 34 he can learn and grow hes far from finished and he will very likely win the Bundesliga so theres your first trophy to kickstar your measuring stick. He can have at least a year and some squad tinkering to get in the personnel to play the way he wants before I judge him too harshly but you do you bud. Hes not without criticism and theres been plenty but this is pretty premature... jesus. I know youve talked about not caring about the Bundesliga trophy before.. Ill move passed that for the sake of my sanity but how would you rate Pep's time with us then? He did the double twice and league title all 3 times but never made it passed the semi's in the CL. Is that a failure? Thats three seasons to evaulate? Pep came with massive pedigree and still in one of his seasons "only" managed to win the Bundesliga title. 

Imagine red bull winning pokal this year for the first time and without nagelsmann. In fact nagelsmann was managing the favourites and went crashing out. 

redbull also in semis of Europa league….

so yes red bull has had potential to win trophies for a few seasons 

I recall nico kovac winning trophies at Bayern too. what happened to him?

Pep got us to the semis you are 100% right. And Nagelsmann got us knocked out at quarters. Not to a favourite like Real Madrid or Liverpool or a star studded psg but to Villarreal.  Do you admit that was an embarrassing loss?

the winning goal was scored after a substitution brought a less than match fit ready Davies into the game. I’m not sure but were they still using a back 3 at that point?   

No pokal trophy or final, quarterfinal elimination in champions league do you agree that Bayern have taken steps backwards? 

Edited by The Käiser

On 14/04/2022 at 17:35, Viva la FCB said:

Could be the case but Il give him more then 1 season to prove it one way or the other. The first half of the season we looked unstoppable. Injuries/covid and things never came back together. He was massively inflexable when things clearly werent working and we couldnt keep playing the same way and he never adjusted and thats absolutely on him but I wouldnt fire him in the first season over that. The rumoured players coming in are of the mold of what we need to play his system and that should cover the gaps if Goretzka and or Davies are out for extended periods next season. The grace period ends this season though he definitely still has plenty to prove. 

The other side of this is not letting the players off the hook too. Upamecano just isnt good enough to be anchoring our defence, Nianzou is too young and raw to even fill it games and then theres 0 cover at CB. The icing on the shitpile is our best cb this season (Id still argue was Hernandez maybe) or second best was easily Süle and hes walking away to Dortmund. Ill move to RB where Pavard not only doesnt want to play but is mediocre at best at and our only half decent cover is Stanisic who is far from proven. Sane decided to look beyond disinterested after the break for whatever the reason hes an enigma, Gnabry is a yoyo in form and has been for the last couple seasons leaving only Coman to try and create anything through the midfield outside of Kimmich really. 

Who brought upamecano into Bayern and sabitzer from redbull? Is there any one who worked there before? (Joking)

so you would give nagelsmann 1 more year. What would be the term of success for him in the second year? 

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Imagine red bull winning pokal this year for the first time and without nagelsmann. In fact nagelsmann was managing the favourites and went crashing out. 

redbull also in semis of Europa league….

so yes red bull has had potential to win trophies for a few seasons 

I recall nico kovac winning trophies at Bayern too. what happened to him?

Pep got us to the semis you are 100% right. And Nagelsmann got us knocked out at quarters. Not to a favourite like Real Madrid or Liverpool or a star studded psg but to Villarreal.  Do you admit that was an embarrassing loss?

the winning goal was scored after a substitution brought a less than match fit ready Davies into the game. I’m not sure but were they still using a back 3 at that point?   

No pokal trophy or final, quarterfinal elimination in champions league do you agree that Bayern have taken steps backwards? 

I dont judge them on trophies at all that was your scale? I was just pointing out its non sense, absolute non sense. Pre and post Nagelsmann Rb has won 0 trophies to date, now sure that could change this year but is that the scale you now judge Nagelsmann on because they finally win their first inevitable trophy? yeah sure. You can critique many points of Nagelsmann's tactics, personal decisions etc and I do too, he made many mistakes but to compare him to Kovac? no not even in the same realm. Thats the entire crux of this discussion from my side is trophies arent how you judge success and it never has been, you disagree thats fine, youre wrong though. You made my point for me (I know i made this point in the past to you but you like to disappear) Kovac is case and point, guy won the double but was on thin ice his first season because he had no tactics. We won solely from individual talent and hence the slide in the beginning of the second season and hes gone. Trophies dont tell you how the team looks, plays or sets up. Our squad is good enough for talent to carry us fairly far but you cannot argue thats what happend this season. 

No I dont agree we've taken a step backwards at all but again I dont judge based on trophies because it is utter non sense. We were not good last year and maybe you dont remember that but we still have many of the same problems in defence. Nagelsmann isnt a short term plan, look at his age for one and his contract and the money laid out to get him. That doesnt mean its going to work and maybe he doesnt even make it through next season but for all those reasons you give him at least until the winter break unless things are a disaster. His tactics to start the season absolutely worked and thats why he has leeway. We absolutely dominated until the new year and everything was humming along in harmony. What happend? Covid and injuries took out key players and as Ive said before Davies was integral to his system as was Goretzka and it was very apparent we had no replacement for either player. Nagelsmann absolutely shares blame in this as he clearly didnt identify this and would not adapt his formation to suit the personnel that we did have healthy. Hes also not to blame for squad planing as he isnt responsible for that. Hes not to blame for Sabitzer not fitting in and clearly not looking comfortable in a bench role. Theres plenty of blame to go around for this season on the whole and he doesnt escape that but he also deserves more time based on what we did see. 

Low and behold a KHR quote on his opinion on state of things:

Bayern Munich club legend Karl-Heinz Rummenigge made an appearance on Bild TV and offered his take on Julian Nagelsmann’s first season at the helm of the club.

Not everything was necessarily aces, but Rummenigge expects that to improve next season.

”Basically, he did a top job until December. In the second half of the season, I think there were one or two decisions worth discussing in terms of tactics or things in general. But basically he is a good, interesting coach who will hopefully stay at Bayern for a long time. Because when Bayern had a coach with a certain continuity, those were always successful years,” Rummenigge said. “He is a young person who needs his experience as a coach. It’s the first really big club after Hoffenheim and Leipzig, where he’s already done a good job, where the demands are also very high. Sometimes the national title is not enough for FC Bayern. You expect to reach at least the semifinals in the Champions League. That has now been missed this year with the elimination against Villarreal. Of course that was a disappointment. He’ll have to put that away. He will have to attack again next year. You have to give it time.”

Even with some missteps along the way, Rummenigge was happy to be able to celebrate the title on Saturday.

“First of all, I liked that the title could be celebrated again in front of 75,000 spectators. It was a great atmosphere,” said Rummenigge. “We toasted after the game. I warmly congratulated Oliver Kahn and Herbert Hainer, who are now responsible for the club as chairman and president. It was the first for Oliver Kahn. And the first title, when you’re in charge at this club, is very important. I’ve always said that the Bundesliga title isn’t a consolation prize, it’s actually the most honest title.”

Edited by Viva la FCB

On 25/04/2022 at 11:43, Viva la FCB said:

I dont judge them on trophies at all that was your scale? I was just pointing out its non sense, absolute non sense. Pre and post Nagelsmann Rb has won 0 trophies to date, now sure that could change this year 

Rb is in first season without nagelsmann and in semifinals of pokal and Europa league….without stars nagelsmann had like Werner, upamecano, sabitzer 

yes trophies is a sign because in top level sports that is what counts: winning 

bayern shown they can win bundesliga regardless of the coach for the last 10 seasons

champion league requires different manager quality. 

nagelsmann took hoffenheim to champions league was that a success, yes because champions league means a touch more. Extra special. So for a club like Bayern to lose to Villarreal in quarterfinals that is a failure.  Look how Liverpool handled it in first leg. Liverpool  is a club on a different level than Bayern. Man city too and others and if this form of Bayern continues more clubs will surpass them

to me nagelsmann has to still prove himself as a top level manager and I don’t like Bayern being his testing ground.  We will agree to disagree

• Subscriber

Kingsley Coman given a 3 match ban after his red card against Stuttgart. Seems harsh - red was fair but more? meh, we'll see if they appeal.

Some transfer updates:

Sabitzers agent had a meeting at Säbner Straße and apparently concluded he will stay 1 more season to try and prove himself.

Marc Roca has been told he can move on if he can find a club.

Theres been no decision on Tolisso but by all accounts he will sign elsewhere.

and finally:

• Subscriber

Sounds as if we got our Rb.

Theres also this report. Hau has been pretty reliable in the past but I still hope hes wrong. There has been alot of rumblings involving Barca in the background and given how this season went this honestly wouldnt surprise me that much.

Robert #Lewandowski has informed the #FCBayern that he does not want to renew his contract and that he wants to leave the club in the summer. @BILD_Bayern reported first.

Lewandowski made this decision months ago. His desired goal is the #FCBarcelona. @SPORT1

On 10/05/2022 at 13:02, Viva la FCB said:

Kingsley Coman given a 3 match ban after his red card against Stuttgart. Seems harsh - red was fair but more? meh, we'll see if they appeal.

Some transfer updates:

Sabitzers agent had a meeting at Säbner Straße and apparently concluded he will stay 1 more season to try and prove himself.

Marc Roca has been told he can move on if he can find a club.

Theres been no decision on Tolisso but by all accounts he will sign elsewhere.

and finally:

I was hoping that BVB could pull Laimer.  Great player.

• Subscriber

No real news yet on Gravenberch but it does seem to be nearly done. Also Mazraoui was official over the weekend.

There where some rumours of interest in Mane a week or two back but this is interesting now with all the Lewy news coming to light. Talks of Mane + Kalajdzic to replace him. But apparently Dortmund might be in for Kalajdzic as well now and that would be his preferred destination.

Also somewhat related an extension is apparently on the table for Gnabry as kind of a last ditch take it or leave it kind of thing in the neighbourhood of Comans wage. Personally you cannot pay him more then that, thats already alot if theres any truth to it.

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Coma said:

🙁

Yeah it sounds like its been a done deal that hes wanted out for a couple of weeks now, Ive kind of accepted moving on but its still kinda sad. Kahn and I think Hainer have both said he has a contract until 2023 etc but I dont think they keep him against his will for one more season it doesnt make much sense. Get a half a decent transfer fee for him and theres plenty of time to plan for trying to replace him.