talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern München Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Great response to some utterly disgusting words, sure hope the bajillions fifa is rolling in was worth it.

Bayern and Germany midfielder Leon Goretzka also offered his view on the matter.

“It (Salman’s statement) is very oppressive. This gives a human image from another millennium, it’s not what we stand for and not what we set an example for,” Goretzka said after Bayern’s match against Werder Bremen on Tuesday (via @iMiaSanMia). “It’s absolutely unacceptable to make such a statement.”

4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Great response to some utterly disgusting words, sure hope the bajillions fifa is rolling in was worth it.

Playing a bit of devil's advocate here, still publishing Goretzka's statement is a bit hypocritical from Bayern, as long as their officials have no qualms to take the sports washing money from Qatar Airways. Am aware a considerable number of the club's fans are in favour of ending this deal, though, therefore only included Bayern's officials and honourary president in my criticism..

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Playing a bit of devil's advocate here, still publishing Goretzka's statement is a bit hypocritical from Bayern, as long as their officials have no qualms to take the sports washing money from Qatar Airways. Am aware a considerable number of the club's fans are in favour of ending this deal, though, therefore only included Bayern's officials and honourary president in my criticism..

100%, its also a bit of a hollow statement from Goretzka himself when the players could take actions themselves. I do still appreciate him speaking his mind on these topics when seemingly so few do. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

100%, its also a bit of a hollow statement from Goretzka himself when the players could take actions themselves. I do still appreciate him speaking his mind on these topics when seemingly so few do. 

I must admit it's something that annoys me quite a bit in general and is also the reason why I can't take any of this kind of activism seriously - it's all just loud words and sometimes some meaningless symbolic gestures in vocal support of some cause, but no action - when it actually matters, they all bury their heads in the sand. Putting on a t-shirt, making loud public statements, posting trending hashtags, taking a knee or using catchy slogans is easy and comes at no cost compared to actually taking a hard stance against something in a way that may have personal consequences to you.  Normally, I wouldn't care and I also absolutely don't expect everyone to be opposing every issue on the planet personally (I know I'm not), but I can't stand virtue signaling and empty platitudes, then disregarding it completely and bending over for whoever waves a wad of cash or better career prospects at them. Hypocrites, the lot of them.

• Upvote 3

@Viva la FCB do you or any other Bayern Munich fans you know have any thoughts/feelings on 2 former Bayern players becoming leading voices for the protests in Iran (Ali Daei & Ali Karimi - especially Karimi, because he's not in Iran right now so he's not under house arrest and internet restrictions like Ali Daei is).

I always liked them as players (I mean, Ali Daei's basically a god in human form for Iranians xD) but I've got such respect for them for this. Daei's basically lost his freedom (probably only in house arrest because of who he is and the reaction to news that he's being tortured in Evin or killed would likely make things worse for the government) and Karimi's basically had all his assets in Iran confiscated.

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Viva la FCB do you or any other Bayern Munich fans you know have any thoughts/feelings on 2 former Bayern players becoming leading voices for the protests in Iran (Ali Daei & Ali Karimi - especially Karimi, because he's not in Iran right now so he's not under house arrest and internet restrictions like Ali Daei is).

I always liked them as players (I mean, Ali Daei's basically a god in human form for Iranians xD) but I've got such respect for them for this. Daei's basically lost his freedom (probably only in house arrest because of who he is and the reaction to news that he's being tortured in Evin or killed would likely make things worse for the government) and Karimi's basically had all his assets in Iran confiscated.

Not something I know much about so I cant really say much but good on them if thats the case. It takes alot of people to stand up.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Not something I know much about so I cant really say much but good on them if thats the case. It takes alot of people to stand up.

I'd seen some Bayern Munich (and Dortmund) banners in support of the protestors in Iran, so I was wondering if it was something more talked about with German football fans.

• Upvote 1

Bayern put out a strong lineup today, with many of these players heading to the World Cup, but they still gave it their all and earned another important win for Bayern. RB Leipzig are trying to challenge the Bavarians, but it looks like it will probably be another title for Bayern come the end of the season.

On 12/11/2022 at 19:43, Michael said:

Bayern put out a strong lineup today, with many of these players heading to the World Cup, but they still gave it their all and earned another important win for Bayern. RB Leipzig are trying to challenge the Bavarians, but it looks like it will probably be another title for Bayern come the end of the season.

First match after the QC break is Leipzig - Bayern.  And Bayern players may have a QC hangover.  Have to stay positive.

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Can't see no positive in Red Bullshit having the chance of winning something? Only hope is Freiburg going on an unlikely winning streak.

I don't want them to win the title. But if they take points off of Bayern to make the race a little tighter I can live with that.

• Subscriber

Its always been rumoured behind the scenes Pavard has wanted to play CB. With Upa's resurgent form, De Ligt and Hernandez (who sounds much closer to extending his contract) there is no room for him as 4th in the pecking order. With Maz we've found an excellent replacement option at RB and Stanisic can deputize accross the entire backline we're pretty covered if hes to be sold this coming summer. Pavard had some loose comments yesterday about trying something new, we'll hes doubled down now so the time is coming. No hard feelings, hes actually played really well this season...Id love to extend him but dont begrudge him if this is what he wants as well. 

“I’ve been playing in Germany for seven years. I won everything with Bayern Munich. I play football to win and I’m ready to consider new interesting projects, but as a centre-back,” Pavard said (as captured by @iMiaSanMia). “Olivier always tells me that Italy lives football. He told me about the magic of derbies, the celebration of the fans for the Scudetto. I would love to play with him also because he is a great friend. We’ll see.”

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

Its always been rumoured behind the scenes Pavard has wanted to play CB. With Upa's resurgent form, De Ligt and Hernandez (who sounds much closer to extending his contract) there is no room for him as 4th in the pecking order. With Maz we've found an excellent replacement option at RB and Stanisic can deputize accross the entire backline we're pretty covered if hes to be sold this coming summer. Pavard had some loose comments yesterday about trying something new, we'll hes doubled down now so the time is coming. No hard feelings, hes actually played really well this season...Id love to extend him but dont begrudge him if this is what he wants as well. 

Funny that I've always associated him with "that goal".  I have no idea how good he is as a player 😆.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Coma said:

Funny that I've always associated him with "that goal".  I have no idea how good he is as a player 😆.

Was definitely a wordlie, your'e wrong on both fronts xD He caught quite a bit of flack for the last season/season and a half from fans and partly deserved he wasnt good for a stretch but hes rebounded quite strong. Someone will be quite happy with him at CB I figure. 

• Subscriber

Surgery on ACL - not explicitly mentioned but pretty much rules him out for the season. Devastating man. Brazzo saying we will not be active in January basically. Better news on Maz it sounds like at least.

Edited by Viva la FCB

• Subscriber

Seems like this has always been in the works. Definitely gives us something in midfield we dont have but it is a little curious with an already fairly packed midfield. We've already seen public comments from the Gravenberch party he isnt happy with playing time, right or wrong adding another option is going to be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Apparently he's unopposed but there would be some talks about becoming the starter or at least splitting next season. I like Ulreich but I don't know about half a season of Ulreich starting. There has to be some sort of recall fee figured out with Monaco.

s/1601565978889895936?s=20&t=8SKg_76heIu8Yq61LvTDhAhttps://twitter.com/Plettigoal/status/1601565978889895936?s=20&t=8SKg_76heIu8Yq61LvTDhA

Edited by Viva la FCB

• 4 weeks later...